Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Southern California Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-28-2017, 08:56 PM   #1526
H0bbs
Knifey McKniferson

Member#: 188552
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
PM SKIMSTI 4 help
installin yur bike chain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkimSTI View Post
reason for sale?

dont tell me you are having a 2nd child and need to sell all your subarus for a minivan....

Look here happy ass... this isn’t about you. If you even look at me sideways I’ll give you a boot right in your mud chute... are you still upset I wouldn’t go down to the beach and step on piss clams with you?
H0bbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #1527
96accord
Scooby Guru

Member#: 145105
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2015 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJag View Post
These are mine. I'm channeling my parts through an intermediary...it's like mod laundering.
You alive?
96accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #1528
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Member#: 134785
Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
You alive?
clearly not. that is his spirit replying
SkimSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #1529
jazzs97
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 470593
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Red

So no more meets?
jazzs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #1530
Genrec
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 275628

I've been gone for years....thinking of jumping back into the Subie game. Are there any meets in the OC anymore...South OC specifically?

Thanks
Genrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:15 AM   #1531
krau
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 466892
Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

I've never gone to a meet before It would be cool if something started up around south OC
krau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:24 AM   #1532
H0bbs
Knifey McKniferson

Member#: 188552
Vehicle:
PM SKIMSTI 4 help
installin yur bike chain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krau View Post
I've never gone to a meet before It would be cool if something started up around south OC

It was great while it lasted. Everyone got old and some of us had kids and attendance slowly tapered off. (Much like NASIOC presence) ... it’s mostly the fault of SkimSTI and Filthy. Send them PMs and ask why they would do that to us all.

Sounds like you guys have some people interested. Just start up a new thread and get the word out there.
H0bbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #1533
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:
i think i may have seen you a few times locally. (and i am guessing that since its a small community) - there is a newer silver sedan that lives in the tuscany condo area, i always see him drive out of there.

i am also in FR. but my car is basically a garage queen now for the most part. i fire it up and go to the shopping centers every once and awhile. if you see a silver 06 sti with a roof vent, thats me. i stopped waving to the newer gen subarus because no one even notices or waves back. community is much different now that it was 10 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0bbs View Post
It was great while it lasted. Everyone got old and some of us had kids and attendance slowly tapered off. (Much like NASIOC presence) ... it's mostly the fault of SkimSTI and Filthy. Send them PMs and ask why they would do that to us all.

Sounds like you guys have some people interested. Just start up a new thread and get the word out there.
why dont you go suck a ****. i am not responsible for the meet dying off.... the introduction of the 08+ subaru's is what killed the meet.....

remember back when all the cool kids had 04-07's..... thats when meets were off the hook.

Last edited by SkimSTI; 01-23-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #1534
krau
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

Yeah I'm in a blue 2018 STi with 2 bike racks on the roof. Can't miss it I've seen a few 2015 silver ones around too, but it's mostly just stock new WRX's driven by people who needed a 4 door. I think I have seen your car before actually parked near Target or something. The roof vent is pretty rad.

I wave sometimes, but I agree with you. The new generation of kids and the new generation of WRX's have really changed the culture in a lot of ways. I generally only get waves from 2014 or earlier models.

I'm a massive fan of the 04-07 STi's, but I wasn't ready to take the plunge into used STi problems. After moving to Cali and see how all these young kids throw VTA bovs, intakes, and WOT at 2k while vaping bubblegum, I was like nope I'm not dealing with that ****. STi has been a dream car of mine for many years....unfortunately its not 2004 so I can't get a new one
Old 01-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #1535
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:
I think I have seen your car before actually parked near Target or something.
yea, target, ralphs, or in-n-out is primarily where you'll see it. that or cruising up and down LF to/from the tuscany/church side (my brother lives there and i am there all the time visiting) and i live near the mercedes dealer down the hill.

Quote:
I'm a massive fan of the 04-07 STi's, but I wasn't ready to take the plunge into used STi problems. After moving to Cali and see how all these young kids throw VTA bovs, intakes, and WOT at 2k while vaping bubblegum, I was like nope I'm not dealing with that ****. STi has been a dream car of mine for many years....unfortunately its not 2004 so I can't get a new one
i like you. probably would have fit right into this group had you come along 10 years ago. god damn vaping hipsters!
Old 01-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #1536
krau
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

Well if you ever want to start up a non-vape nation meetup, let me know. I feel like In-and-Out would be rad but its so packed all the time.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:24 PM   #1537
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

if all the OG's in this thread aren't meeting up, i will probably pass. not into meeting these new kids that just talk about how much camber their subaru has. its really sad..
Old 01-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #1538
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

FYI, i daily a lifted tacoma double cab. so don't be too scared if you see a weirdo waving/honking at you.

you have been warned.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #1539
krau
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

Quote:
if all the OG's in this thread aren't meeting up, i will probably pass. not into meeting these new kids that just talk about how much camber their subaru has. its really sad..
Yeah I have no interest in hanging out with the young camber bros. Maybe we're just getting older and out of touch...we need to get with the times or something. Cut our springs, vape some watermelon....yo

Quote:
FYI, i daily a lifted tacoma double cab. so don't be too scared if you see a weirdo waving/honking at you.

you have been warned.
Haha sounds good. Is there some sort of off-roading area nearby? I always see lifted jeeps and tacos cruising around.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #1540
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:

Haha sounds good. Is there some sort of off-roading area nearby? I always see lifted jeeps and tacos cruising around.
yea, holy jim canyon, its near RSM. i took my subaru out there once, when it was stock (and had that factory ugly lift) - and i remember getting a thumbs up from all the lifted jeeps and trucks. haha.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #1541
smileytsti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 478752
Vehicle:
2018 STI
CWP

Checking in here. Im a subie newbie and a kid (19). I drive a 18 sti cwp, don't vape and dont plan on cutting my springs or cambering my car, in fact totally against it. Also never been to a car meet and figured i would find some info about one here but seems like they all died down. Hopefully, a socal meet comes together to meet the owners i see driving around.
smileytsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #1542
krau
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileytsti View Post
Checking in here. Im a subie newbie and a kid (19). I drive a 18 sti cwp, don't vape and dont plan on cutting my springs or cambering my car, in fact totally against it. Also never been to a car meet and figured i would find some info about one here but seems like they all died down. Hopefully, a socal meet comes together to meet the owners i see driving around.
You're 19 and have a new STi? You must have a pretty solid paying job for your age, good for you!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #1543
smileytsti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 478752
Vehicle:
2018 STI
CWP

Quote:
You're 19 and have a new STi? You must have a pretty solid paying job for your age, good for you!
For my age I've been told, but not near where I want to be. Also helps when you get a killer deal on an sti
smileytsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #1544
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileytsti View Post
don't vape and dont plan on cutting my springs or cambering my car, in fact totally against it.
you are already 10 steps ahead of the game... good for you, young buck. sadly though, you are also a decade too late. meets will never be what they once were.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #1545
krau
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

There's a facebook group that is slowly growing called "Subies Of SoCal". They do a Friday night meet every other week it seems at this carwash and monthly canyon cruises. I haven't had a chance to go yet from various reasons but I'll get to it eventually. Busy with work/life and stuff. The group is pretty easy going and welcoming though so I would join in there and check the events tab.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #1546
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:
There's a facebook group that is slowly growing called "Subies Of SoCal". They do a Friday night meet every other week it seems at this carwash and monthly canyon cruises. I haven't had a chance to go yet from various reasons but I'll get to it eventually. Busy with work/life and stuff. The group is pretty easy going and welcoming though so I would join in there and check the events tab.
for the record. i have still yet to see you in FR (been keeping my eyes peeled). but i see that ****er in the silver wrx every other day. i think he has a carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #1547
krau
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

Quote:
for the record. i have still yet to see you in FR (been keeping my eyes peeled). but i see that ****er in the silver wrx every other day. i think he has a carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler.
Haha I look at every lifted taco to see if there's a dude throwing a peace sign or something I live right next to the Ralph's, so the only time you'll see me probably is doing a beer run or something after work or weekends. I don't think I've seen that WRX. I actually don't see a lot of WRX/STi area this area. I think Foothill is mostly just families with SUVs and vans AND the offroad crew. I'm "that guy" in my neighborhood with my Invidia
Old 03-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #1548
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:
Haha I look at every lifted taco to see if there's a dude throwing a peace sign or something I live right next to the Ralph's, so the only time you'll see me probably is doing a beer run or something after work or weekends. I don't think I've seen that WRX. I actually don't see a lot of WRX/STi area this area. I think Foothill is mostly just families with SUVs and vans AND the offroad crew. I'm "that guy" in my neighborhood with my Invidia
like the south side of Ralphs? near the library? whats the street called.... **** i pass it every day... rue de fortuna i believe.

and yes, thanks for taking over... i was 'that guy' in the neighborhood... so you took over my reigns since i hardly drive the subie anymore.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #1549
krau
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 STi
WRB

Quote:
like the south side of Ralphs? near the library? whats the street called.... **** i pass it every day... rue de fortuna i believe.

and yes, thanks for taking over... i was 'that guy' in the neighborhood... so you took over my reigns since i hardly drive the subie anymore.
Otherside, near the end of Portola.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #1550
SkimSTI
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
2006 STi 413whp
2014 Lifted Tacoma

Quote:
Otherside, near the end of Portola.

oh **** me. well that explains it. yea i am on the lake forest side and commute up and down past the church. only time i ever venture to the portola/alton side is when i do an in-n-out run.