Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #3276
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

I'm wearing 18x8 +45 with 235/40. I can't wait to lower the damn thing!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #3277
SUBIESROCKUKNOW
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 214464
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier/la habra
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Satin white pearl

Default

^^ u got a pic
SUBIESROCKUKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #3278
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBIESROCKUKNOW
^^ u got a pic
Just switched back to the stock steelies because snow finally decided to make it's way over but here ya go!



Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #3279
SUBIESROCKUKNOW
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 214464
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier/la habra
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Satin white pearl

Default

dang it does need a drop.. i see u have some rpf1's looks good i had gold rota attacks just got over the white and gold theme
SUBIESROCKUKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #3280
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

I don't care for the gold but got a good deal on the RPF1's. When I get money they'll be fixed up (some curb damage) and powder coated black.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #3281
SUBIESROCKUKNOW
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 214464
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier/la habra
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
Satin white pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon View Post
I don't care for the gold but got a good deal on the RPF1's. When I get money they'll be fixed up (some curb damage) and powder coated black.
hey cant go wrong there if u got a good deal on them
SUBIESROCKUKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #3282
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBIESROCKUKNOW

hey cant go wrong there if u got a good deal on them
And they were the wheels and size I wanted at the time! Color can be changed easily. I'd love to go wider but can't afford it right now
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #3283
hadi05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280515
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: kentucky
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Dillon
I'm wearing 18x8 +45 with 235/40. I can't wait to lower the damn thing!
How much difference in diameter is this from stock. I'd like to have some shoes that wide on my car. This is the narrowest tire I've ever had. Minimum before these 195s were 245/40/18
hadi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #3284
2012SubieSL
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 304787
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default

I'm looking at an '08 hatch. Is there anything to but that covers the back of the rear seats when the seats are down?

Thanks
2012SubieSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #3285
bradyarz
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 272381
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004
Franky the Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SubieSL View Post
I'm looking at an '08 hatch. Is there anything to but that covers the back of the rear seats when the seats are down?

Thanks
What are you referring to? Something similar to the protective cargo trays? I'm not aware of anything like that. The back of the seats are a rough carpet though, and they take some pretty good abuse. If that's not good enough for your application, just throw a blanket back there when you need it.
bradyarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #3286
2012SubieSL
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 304787
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyarz View Post
What are you referring to? Something similar to the protective cargo trays? I'm not aware of anything like that. The back of the seats are a rough carpet though, and they take some pretty good abuse. If that's not good enough for your application, just throw a blanket back there when you need it.
Yes, something similar that is available on the 2012 of similar material to the cargo tray. Thanks!
2012SubieSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #3287
nobletea
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169623
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MidAtlantic
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i 5d 100k+
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SubieSL View Post
Yes, something similar that is available on the 2012 of similar material to the cargo tray. Thanks!
One of the Subaru accesory catalogs (UK I think) had a full size cargo cover for 08+ that covered the rear seats when folded down. I haven't been able to find a link to it, but I have seen it. Ebay UK perhaps? Good luck.

I use weed block gardening fabric. Cheap, durable, light, and thin, so it easily folds up and hides in the spare tire compartment when you don't need it.
nobletea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #3288
Help I'm Stuck!
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248293
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i hatch
SSM

Default

I want to convert my turn signals to LED bulbs. I did a little search on trying to find out what the lumens are on the stock signals so I know how bright to get the LEDs. I cam across this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...d+turn+signals

and WOW I can't justify paying that much money on a set of LEDs and resistors. I saw on DDM tuning (yes I know there are more sites) that the bulbs are a fraction of the price, at about $5.

There are LEDs on fastwrx.com too, but there isn't a price listed, I can always just e-mail them and ask.

Is this a case of 'you get what you pay for'?
Help I'm Stuck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #3289
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help I'm Stuck! View Post
I want to convert my turn signals to LED bulbs. I did a little search on trying to find out what the lumens are on the stock signals so I know how bright to get the LEDs. I cam across this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...d+turn+signals

and WOW I can't justify paying that much money on a set of LEDs and resistors. I saw on DDM tuning (yes I know there are more sites) that the bulbs are a fraction of the price, at about $5.

There are LEDs on fastwrx.com too, but there isn't a price listed, I can always just e-mail them and ask.

Is this a case of 'you get what you pay for'?
Alot of the newer LED bulbs already have resistors in them.

Also, why not get chrome bulbs that still light up amber? thats what i have in my taillights and headlights.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #3290
Tafkars
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 305650
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i-T
Silver

Default

Kind of jumping ahead without fully reading this thread, or even the bolt-on forced induction threads, but has anybody ELSE put in the AVO turbo in their '08-'11 2.5i?
Tafkars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #3291
QCMP
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289036
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2005

Default

These cars don't turbo well. A lot of work, money, and headaches. The motor isn't designed for a turbo and you can't put much boost to them. I'd go nitrous before turboing it.
QCMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #3292
Tafkars
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 305650
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tampa, FL
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i-T
Silver

Default

Actually, I already did it, just wanted to see other peoples' responses to it. You are correct as far as headaches and money. Plenty of hours of blood, sweat, and tears. Boost can only be run at 4-4.5 psi due to our high compression ratio. Next is a meth/water inject. to raise the octane and allow for more boost. Large gain in MPG. Anyone else done this yet?
Tafkars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #3293
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

What kind of wiper do you guys recommend for the rear wiper? It seems like mine (Napa brand wiper) lasts for about 2-3 months and then it starts to fall apart, and its quite irritating when it skips across the rear window. not to mention its getting expensive.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #3294
fancyfootwork15
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262503
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000
What kind of wiper do you guys recommend for the rear wiper? It seems like mine (Napa brand wiper) lasts for about 2-3 months and then it starts to fall apart, and its quite irritating when it skips across the rear window. not to mention its getting expensive.
No rear for me but I have Valeos in the front. They withstood last winter great and our still running strong. Biggest way to make them last is to keep your windshield clean. Try claying your windshield and you will be amazed how much caked on grime comes off. Much less wear and tear on the rubber.
fancyfootwork15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #3295
Help I'm Stuck!
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248293
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2010 2.5i hatch
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000 View Post
Alot of the newer LED bulbs already have resistors in them.

Also, why not get chrome bulbs that still light up amber? thats what i have in my taillights and headlights.
Really. That's something I overlooked when looking at the LEDs, I always see the resistors being sold seperately. And as for the chrome bulbs, I'm not really doing it to have no yellow in the housing, but for other reasons, they use less battery power (how much less I'm not sure though) and they last longer than the normal bulbs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000 View Post
What kind of wiper do you guys recommend for the rear wiper? It seems like mine (Napa brand wiper) lasts for about 2-3 months and then it starts to fall apart, and its quite irritating when it skips across the rear window. not to mention its getting expensive.
This I would like to know too, my rear wiper didn't last too long, it streaks a lot. Is there something similar to what the golf has that we can use?
Help I'm Stuck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #3296
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX 5D
Satin White Pearl

Default

I used a RainX blade to replace my original blade after it tore apart. The RainX blade was excellent for the first wet season, but now that a year or so has gone by it skips. I know it should be replaced, but it's still in one piece and the skipping isn't as much irritating as it is embarrassing.
JourdanWithaU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #3297
premier00000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 251060
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Schenectady, NY
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza Outback
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
I used a RainX blade to replace my original blade after it tore apart. The RainX blade was excellent for the first wet season, but now that a year or so has gone by it skips. I know it should be replaced, but it's still in one piece and the skipping isn't as much irritating as it is embarrassing.
My front wipers last about 9 months, or MAYBE a year... but my rear doesnt last at all and it gets used much less... i dont get it.

I'll have to look at the rainx blade, the passenger side is the same size as the rear, i just have no clue how it'll stay on.
premier00000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #3298
Str8cypherm80
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202129
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

Hey guys! dont mean to be a spam master but im selling my exhaust system if anyone is interested! selling here on nasioc but will be creating an ebay auction shortly just in case. JUMP ON IT!!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1#post36161031

PM ME FOR QUESTIONS
Str8cypherm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #3299
Navysesal
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 305008
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2008 outback sport
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000

My front wipers last about 9 months, or MAYBE a year... but my rear doesnt last at all and it gets used much less... i dont get it.

I'll have to look at the rainx blade, the passenger side is the same size as the rear, i just have no clue how it'll stay on.
I'd say get some of the rainx wax. You just buff it in, wait for it to dry and buff it off with a damp cloth. The rain literally flies off, I haven't really needed to use my wipers so I just put on some cheap ones if I really need to use them.
Navysesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #3300
JourdanWithaU
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 146287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: NOR-CAL (South Bay Area)
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX 5D
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier00000 View Post
My front wipers last about 9 months, or MAYBE a year... but my rear doesnt last at all and it gets used much less... i dont get it.

I'll have to look at the rainx blade, the passenger side is the same size as the rear, i just have no clue how it'll stay on.
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=2304.0



Exactly what I did. Piece of cake.
JourdanWithaU is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 2.5i and 08 Sti Suspension WRXbrother Brakes, Steering & Suspension 10 08-22-2017 12:30 AM
Will an 08 WRX intake fit an 08 2.5i? Racing101 Normally Aspirated Powertrain 26 01-19-2012 11:57 AM
08 STI Wing on 08 2.5i impreza juny102004 Interior & Exterior Modification 13 01-18-2012 09:46 AM
Will 08+ WRX gauges swap into 08+ 2.5i? Simeon Priest Interior & Exterior Modification 10 03-26-2010 02:17 PM
08 2.5i mod question deunique1 Impreza Forum 1 10-03-2007 02:35 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.