Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday September 16, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
Steve Gingras
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 18695
Vehicle:
1994 2.5RS
Electric Yellow

Default Delicious Tuning / Lambda Tuning OBD2 Tuners

Does anyone have experience with either the Project Lambda OBD2 Tuner or the Delicious Tuning SSM? I am building a 94 Impreza NA Rally car and using a 2000 Forester Engine, Trans, Wiring Harness and ECU. We are looking to reflash the ECU to take advantage of the mods we have done. These 2 solutions look to be good options but I have not seen anyone talking about them so I am looking for any type of feedback. Do they work, are they easy to use, what kind of issues have been seen really anything?

Also, the Delicious Tuning is a fixed stage map while the Lambda needs to be tuned specifically for the car which will require about 10 data runs and downloads. The Lambda tune is probably a little better but the 2 weeks to do 10 runs/reloads could be an issue. So what is the difference between the two?

Any feedback or guidance would be welcomed.

Steve
Steve Gingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #2
Steve Gingras
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 18695
Vehicle:
1994 2.5RS
Electric Yellow

Wow hasn't anyone used either of these ECU Reflash methods?
Steve Gingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #3
eustacer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416465
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

Not sure if you have looked into opensource tuning with a tactrix. There may be maps available for that engine on romraiders forums. That is all the experience i have with tuning
eustacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
tipsymechanic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505361
Vehicle:
2008 Legacy 2.5i
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by eustacer View Post
Not sure if you have looked into opensource tuning with a tactrix. There may be maps available for that engine on romraiders forums. That is all the experience i have with tuning
Romraider starts with 2005 for NA cars, unfortunately..

OP.. you may have better luck on rs25 forums
tipsymechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:04 PM   #5
nvmylh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 243490

I'm using project lambda and with the live tuning feature it shouldn't take longer than any other ecu system to tune. I don't know anything about how the delicious system works though.

I just changed from stock 280cc to 560cc injectors in my ej251, and so far it has handled the change really well. Also running a 3bar map sensor, delta 1500 cams can about to turbo it.

The only thing i wish project lambda did was provide more info on what each feature really does (or how the software really works). Even if they sold some sort of write up on how it all works, I'd be happy to pay for it!

Some more updates or news would be good too, something like big round gauges that can easily be red on screen would be nice while datalogging.

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t22...ce-thread.html
nvmylh is offline   Reply With Quote