Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-29-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
DarkAngel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38792
Question Help me with these vacuum readings??

So my car had heads and valves done and since I think my vacuum has been off. It reads when the car is warmed up -.67 to -.70 bar. Now it would read that -.70 bar when the car is really hot, like a hard freeway run, and less when not boosting much. (this is the idle reading). Well anyway if it was the intake manifold gasket thats leaking I dont see why it would get worse because that gasket would expand under heat. So now I think its the vacuum hose that is leaking somewhere. I also think I hear the hissing sound too when the car is idle. The rest of the time I get full boost.

BTW this car is STOCK

help me out guys
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2004, 11:00 PM   #2
DarkAngel
Scooby Newbie

also my car takes a WHILE to warm up. maybe up to 10 min for the needle to be at operating temp with me just sitting there for maybe 4 min and driving below 3K RPMs the other 6 min
Old 01-29-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
DarkAngel
Scooby Newbie

ttt