Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday September 30, 2022
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-15-2022, 02:38 PM   #1
e_navarre
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 524861
Default Rich at idle

Been having this issue for a while now
Car starts fine, but once it enters CL, the AFR will sit at 12-13 at IDLE, with -25% afr learning. Then it will bog super lean, then super rich again. At WOT the car will throw a p0103 (MAF Circuit High Input, likely due to colder weather)

I replaced my O2, MAF and IAT sensors, checked for obvious fuel leaks and checked all grounds. Had whole intake system smoke tested. Flow tested and cleaned injectors along with new o-rings. Compression tested with new plugs, all numbers came back strong and consistent.

Only other things I suspect could be an exhaust leak or some hidden electrical issues.

Any input would be appreciated. Im losing my mind and money.

Mod list (that pertains to this issue)
Aeromotive AFPR
Walbro 450 pump
DW hardwire kit
ID 1300cc
IAG braided fuel lines
COBB CAI
Catless DP
Perrin 3in turbo inlet

Last edited by e_navarre; 03-18-2022 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Update
e_navarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2022, 06:29 PM   #2
GeoNV
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518830
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
dark grey metallic

Stock injectors? Stock tune? Stock Intake? I had a lot of issues with this after upgrading injectors- basically my injector latency and scaling was a little off. Almost identical symptoms.
GeoNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 01:31 AM   #3
e_navarre
Scooby Newbie

I'm running ID 1300cc injectors with a COBB CAI and Perrin 3in turbo inlet, along with a BCP e-tune. I've been running this setup for over a year without issue. I stupidly didn't check for any exhaust leaks, which seems to be the case due to smoke coming from the up pipe on cold starts***8230;
Old 01-30-2022, 10:22 AM   #4
CharlieSti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528615
Vehicle:
2004 Wrx Sti
Red

I just had an issue like this on my 04 sti. It turned out to be the connector to the MAF had broken. I went to my local junkyard and pulled the connector and MAF off of an old Impreza and cut the wires to the old one, spliced the new connector wires to the old wires. Reset my ECU learning and was all good. Maybe it can be that easy for you?
CharlieSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:19 PM   #5
e_navarre
Scooby Newbie

Little update.
Still battling this issue. I comp tested and threw new plugs in, no change. Along with the rich idle, now at low rpm during acceleration itll lean out for a second (17:1) then go back to normal.