Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 14, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Boomstrawberry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 482313
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
03 Impreza WRX
Black

Default No start after accident!

Recently i crashed my 03 wrx automatic and after getting it towed home it wouldnt start. I don't believe the problem is electrical because ive tested all my fuses and hooked the car up to an obd2 sensor which brought up no codes and was able to speak to the ecu fine as i got engine temp and other vitals that were correct. I also dont believe the problem is fuel related as you can hear the fuel pump when you first turn the car on and i can hear fuel injectors when turning the key over. We also put some fuel down one of the vacuum lines and it still wouldnt fire. The car is cranking but there seems to be no vacuum on the line we pulled to pour fuel down. Could the timing belt have skipped at tooth durring the accident that is stopping the car from starting? Also the oil fillter neck snapped off could that cause the car to not start for any reason? Any help would be much appreciated i really dont want to give up on this car yet. The car was hit on the drivers side fender and crushed the battery, oil filler neck, and part of the timing belt cover. I can upload pics of the car later when i get home. Edit: it did skip time and unfortunately the engine seems to be toast. So if any one needs parts from a black 03 wrx let me know id be more than happy to sell what i have that still works to someone who could use it.

Last edited by Boomstrawberry; 11-20-2019 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Found problem.
Boomstrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
limpingalong
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508593
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 2.5 NA OBS
Green/Gold Two Tone

RIP... sorry to hear that man
Goodluck

Mind if i ask if its a wagon or sedan?
limpingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Boomstrawberry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 482313
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
03 Impreza WRX
Black

Default Sedan

Yea its a bummer i still need to take the engine apart to see how bad the valves are bent. But it is a sedan and i have a brand new hood, front bumper cover, and grill.
Boomstrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote