Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 15, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Open Source Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-26-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
DEANORS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474472
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS

Default Changing vehicle year in ECU

I may be searching for this the wrong way, but I would like to change the ECU info from a 2004 FXT to a 2004 STI for cobb tuning application. More specifically I am wanting to tune for flex fuel maps, but the 2004 ECU is not supported.

Anybody know how this can be done? Still looking up info online but coming up dry while I am at work.
DEANORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
eustacer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416465
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
DGM

You can download the stock image from romraider, however if there is one thing i learned it is to not flash another cars image straight to yours

https://www.romraider.com/forum/view...hp?f=35&t=7591
eustacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
DEANORS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 474472
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS

I guess changing years is not going to work as I had hoped, but I am told that I can write the image of an 04 STI to the 04 FXT. I cannot find any info of this being done though.
DEANORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:44 PM   #4
kd1yt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 499807
Vehicle:
2007 Forester XT
Grey metallic

Apologies for tagging onto and going OT on someone else's thread but I'm brand new here and along with my having lots to learn about everything, I have a specific question related to this "mix-n-match' topic, and NASIOC won't let me start a new thread of my own until I have "three legitimate posts"

I helped my son find and get a USDM 2007 FXT MT, 70k mi. Largely in excellent shape but displaying the common secondary air valve stuck CEL and codes.

I want to use EcuFlash + RomRaider in order to shut off the codes connected with secondary air, and then, at some point, my son wants to get into tuning.

I've succeeded in getting EcuFlash & RomRaider onto a laptop- but-

Here is the dilemma:

Romraider's ECU definition files:
http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic360.html
lack an ECU definition for a 2007 USDM FXT MT
They do have:
A8DH101I (2006 USDM Forester XT MT) (wrong year, right model)
or
A8DK101X (2007 USDM Impreza WRX MT) (wrong model, right year)
or, 'going to Europe'-
A8DK100F (2007 EDM Forester XT MT) (right model and year, wrong continent)

What's got me even more confused is that RomRaider does show a base map for the car that we have
2007/08 USDM Subaru Forester XT MT A8DK100I 4E12584107
https://www.romraider.com/forum/view...hp?f=35&t=7591

Is RomRaider likely to even allow me to edit the ROM on the US '07 FXT MT given that RomRaider seems to lack an ECU definition for it?

If RomRaider will let me edit the ROM, even though RomRaider lacks the definition, am I rolling the dice in a foolhardy way (any more than I already am as a newb diving into open source ROM stuff)?

Any suggested workarounds?

Thanks very much in advance
kd1yt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:02 PM   #5
kd1yt
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Forester XT
Grey metallic

I _might_ have just beat my head against this long enough to have possibly found myself an answer - at the RomRaider site I did a second search using the number from the base map above and came across a _different_ listing of supported models/ECUs which does list the 07 USDM FXT MT that we have here. Fingers crossed that this might work!

Even though I may have puzzled out my own question, I still appreciate any suggestions

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2019, 09:49 PM   #6
kd1yt
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Forester XT
Grey metallic

RomRaider failed to be able to recognize the ECU, still trying to figure out why, but I was able to use ECUflash to disable the various DTCs associated with the secondary air, to get out of that insoluble problem.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:08 AM   #7
pcampbell
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 437670
Vehicle:
2005 2.5 SC OB

I have had lots of trouble opening my ecu on romraider. Worked out of the box in ecuflash. So that is what I use.
pcampbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
NewHouseTM
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464863

It is possible to flash another car rom.

However it may not work.

But if want to test there always the SH Boot
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2200443
NewHouseTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #9
jon7009
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 394646
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Flex Fuel
EJ205 TD04L FMIC SD

You guys are having a hard time figuring out how to add definitions to romraider? Let alone how to look for them?

Literally google the calibration ID of the ROM you want a definition for RR, and add "definition"

ex: "AE5T200V definition"
jon7009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #10
ash369
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477589
Vehicle:
99 2.5 rs
White

This is easily done, but just fyi if you dont have the accesstuner for the 2004 sti you cannot use your 2004 xt accesstuner for a 2004 wrx sti, you will need cobb to generate a new accesstuner software package that is targeted for your accessport and the 2004 wrx sti.

I have flashed the 2004 wrx sti accross two different 2004 forester xt ecms, one was an automatic and the other was a manual ecm and both seem to work just fine.

I have flashed the 04 forester xt auto trans A2ZJ201D to 2004 wrx sti A2ZJ700J seemed to work just fine, long enough to pass emissions - I did not pair an accessport to this I just needed to get onto the emissions dyno and I had i/m monitors that i forced.

I also have flashed the ecm I am currently running 2004 forester xt manual A2ZJ500I to A2ZJ700j and I have paired this with an accessport and I am running a speed density cobb ccf map with custom sensors and speed density working.

Remember you have to unpair your accessport from your ecm, then you have to use ecuflash to dump/save your current ecm image, in theory if it is also an sh7055 type ecm I think it should work with any other sh7055 image, then you have to flash the 04 sti image onto the ecm, then repair the cobb accessport to the ecm. Remember you will not be able to use your 2004 forester xt maps with an accessport tied to a 2004 wrx sti, you will have to get cobb to give you the new accesstuner for an 04 wrx sti and then port your map from your fxt to the sti map - a few tables are different so just take your time.
ash369 is offline   Reply With Quote