Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 15, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2005, 03:13 AM   #1
Shockey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 79685
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.2
Meridian blue?

Subaru Stars 2000 2.2l < 2.5 rs

Hello folks I am new here. I just baught a 2000 subaru 2.2L for $5,000. And the reason I got it for $5,000 is because the crankshaft bearing is going out. It's going to cost a pretty penny if I do that so I am figuring to just buy a 2.5rs engine and let the 2.2L either be sold to someone who will fix it. Or something I dunno. As of right now I am looking for the best possible way to go about getting a 2.5 rs engine. And anything special I need to know. I read thought most of the fax and basically I got out of it I can pretty much swap this for that pretty easy besides what I would need to do if I were to change it back to a 2.2L engine.

I am also wondering of other options. Is new or used best. How much is new going to run me? What are the warranties? Used dosen't have warranties I don't belive but run about $1,500 average. It's 5 speed new flywheel and clutch as well as transmition. I am planning to get it so I can so some rallying in it. But we will see how much this will cost me first heh.

If any of you can help me spot out a well worth buying 2.5 rs engine that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I noticed the decals on the side the subaru rally decals and I asked him about them. He said they came on the car new. And was saying that his is the 2.2l rally edition??? I dunno how true this is but I have seen pictures of other 2.2ls, and they don't come with the scoop hood, or the fin on the back. I searched for a 2.2L rally edition but came up empty handed. These decals look pretty official and yellow hehe. I will take pictures later on if you guys need them. Thanks again.
Shockey is offline   Reply With Quote