Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 17, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-19-2018, 06:17 AM   #1
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 73805
Default Hyundai i30 N Line All Show No Go

Quote:
Now you can trick your friends into believing you’ve just bought Hyundai’s speedy i30 N without having to pay the hot hatch premium. On sale across summer in Europe, the new i30 N Line takes styling cues from the hotter model and combines them with the engines of the regular five-door hatchback. The new i30 flavor rides on 18-inch wheels and gets sportier front and rear bumpers featuring a silver paint line.

The back of the car exhibits a dual exhaust tip arrangement to further denote this isn’t your run-of-the-mill i30. There’s an “N Line” badge on the front fender to round off the visual changes on the outside, while the cabin features N-branded sport seats with improved lateral support. Hyundai will also throw in a set of metal pedals, sport steering wheel wrapped in perforated leather, and a new gear shift knob featuring the N logo.

See more about the i30 family:

Hyundai did more than just add some sporty-looking bits to the regular i30 as it has also made some engineering tweaks. For example, the engine response is now livelier and the suspension has been revised to make the N Line version a bit sharper. In addition, the car comes as standard with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires and uses 16-inch front brakes rather than the 15-inch set you get with the regular car.

Buyers will get to pick from either a turbocharged 1.4-liter gasoline engine or a 1.6-liter diesel. The former delivers 138 horsepower and 242 Newton-meters (178 pound-feet) of torque while the latter churns 134 hp and 280 Nm (206 lb-ft) or 300 Nm (221 lb-ft) with the dual-clutch automatic transmission. These output numbers are a far cry from the i30 N’s 271 hp and 352 Nm (260 lb-ft), but obviously the N Line will be considerably cheaper.

The i30 N Line will be followed by other visually enhanced models in a strategy implemented by Hyundai similar to what sister brand Kia has been offering for a few years with its GT Line cars.

Source: Hyundai
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=jPnS6IUQulA
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2019, 06:42 AM   #2
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru

Member#: 73805

Quote:
2020 Hyundai i30 N lightweight edition spy shots

The Hyundai N performance division sells a hot version of the Elantra GT overseas. It's called the i30 N (the Elantra GT is badged an i30 outside the United States) and comes with the same mechanicals as the Veloster N.

Hyundai looks to be out testing a new version of its i30 N, as evidenced by a camouflaged prototype spotted recently on some of the Nürburgring's surrounding streets. It's thought to be a new lightweight special, something that was hinted at by Hyundai N boss Albert Biermann in a recent interview.

Lightweight mods are expected to include carbon fiber-reinforced plastic panels, light alloy wheels, and lightweight seats. The car will also likely boast some aerodynamic aids. The prototype sports a different front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser to the regular i30 N.

2018 Hyundai i30 N
2018 Hyundai i30 N

No power gains are expected, so count on the car's 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 to develop 246 horsepower in standard guise and 271 hp with an available Performance Package. The latter sees the i30 N hit 62 mph in 6.2 seconds and this lightweight special should shave a few tenths of a second off that pace. The sole transmission in the i30 N is a 6-speed manual.

The debut is expected to take place later this year; a strong possibility is September's Frankfurt International Motor Show. While we won't see the car in local showrooms, with any luck Hyundai will prepare a similar model based on the Veloster N.

Note, Hyundai is working on a standalone sports car for its N division. First announced in May, the sports car will boast some form of electrification and is expected to arrive in 2020.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...tion-spy-shots
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #3
KC
Scooby Guru

Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k

No. No confusion there between "N" and "N-Line".

Same thing as M and M-Sport. Gee, I wonder who's idea it was to do that at BMW, when they were there? HHHHMMMMmmmmmm

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #4
Aurielo24
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 502816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVANTI R5 View Post
+1
Aurielo24 is offline   Reply With Quote