Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday August 20, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
Owen_
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 421262
Vehicle:
2015 STi
WR Blue

Default 2016 STI randomly bucks/hesitates and will not accelerate past 2K RPM CEL P2270

So, I recently installed a built block into my 16 STI and I have been running into problem after problem. Finally, I am down to tracking down the last one.

A couple weeks ago I was driving the car normally, still breaking in the engine, and decided to switch from Sport to Sport# at a stop, when I went to take off, the car started bucking/hesitating like it didn't want to accelerate and wouldn't go past 2K RPM or so. My AFR numbers went crazy and a CEL popped up. I pulled off the road and the car started to idle rough when I stopped. I pulled the code from my Access Port, P2270 - "Front O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean/Open".

I reset the ECU and started the car back up and it drove fine. However, I noticed that my AF Correction and AF Learning numbers were still all over the place. As I figured it would, a couple days to a week later the car did (and will still randomly do) the bucking/hesitating deal and if I let it idle for 30 seconds or so everything fixes itself. I NO LONGER get the CEL, though.

My AF Correction and AF Learning numbers seem fine when driving, but at some points will still reach, but not stay, at -25/+25 correction and on a cold start hit around -19.

I've cleaned the MAF sensor and it hasn't changed anything, so I'm ruling that out. I have also gotten with my tuner and the issue is not tune related that either of us can see. My other idea was that when the CEL popped the O2 sensor went bad and that's what the issue is? I still don't understand why the CEL doesn't come back ever, though. I'm worried about continuing to drive the car while waiting for a new front O2 sensor. I'm sorry for the long post, but I have had so many issues after putting this block in that I am exhausted at this point and I'm not even halfway into the break in. Has anyone experienced this before or have ANY ideas/help? I will include a mod list below, thank you.

IAG Stage 3 Plus Short Block
IAG Competition AOS
IAG TGV Deletes
IAG Air Pump Block off Plates
Corsa 3" Catback Exhaust
Grimmspeed Divorced Catless Downpipe
Grimmspeed TMIC
AEM CAI
Cobb Flex Fuel Kit
AEM 320 FP
Owen_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
Owen_
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
WR Blue

Anyone? Any help would be appreciated, please.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Valarius Starchaser
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459312
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
Hybrid 6MT Swapped WRB

sounds like your best bet is put the 02 in and check after or search for vacuum leaks in the meantime
Valarius Starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:20 AM   #4
Owen_
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarius Starchaser View Post
sounds like your best bet is put the 02 in and check after or search for vacuum leaks in the meantime
Thatís the plan, but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this issue
Old 02-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
Owen_
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2015 STi
WR Blue

Bump. Now Iím getting P2090 - Exhaust cam position actuator control circuit low