Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 25, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #18351
snowman0812
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374919
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
silver

Default

This could go on and on but at the end of the day I have a vision of what I want to see and thatís what Iím working towards
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
snowman0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:18 AM   #18352
snowman0812
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 374919
Join Date: Nov 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2010 impreza
silver

Default

This could go on and on but at the end of the day I have a vision for what I want to see and thatís what Iím working towards
snowman0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #18353
Shipman
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 312847
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
2008 Legacy/2003 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman0812 View Post
Hahahahahaha so you did your 2.5 right. What your telling me is that if itís not done your way itís wrong
Of course you would be childish about it. Thats obviously not what Im saying, what Im saying is that 2.5 guys get defensive when STi guys trash them because the initial assumption is its an elitist mentality. Im saying that I also have a 2.5 and it is done tastefully which is my point, Im not just being an ******* because its a 2.5. Final point, you put your car on the internet you have to be ready for honest opinions, not everyone is going to like it, no need to get defensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
I'm with Shipman. I also don't understand how having an STi somehow makes the 2.5i not tasteless.

Cool, you had a turbo and blew it up. "Now itís back to na but with a ton of work done." Yet the list isn't long enough to be organized.

Come on, dude.


I'm not a fan of ****ting on people's stuff. You do you. But don't be delusional about it.
Bingo.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:21 AM   #18354
jhestertandoc
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 489834
Join Date: Aug 2018
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2011 Subaru
Black

Default What bumper lip did you put on your 2.5i?

[quote=Str8cypherm80;36408443]couple pics from an event last weekend.

Where did you buy that? Thanks man!
jhestertandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #18355
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Washed the rides.... 2.5i still kicking!




Last edited by BWX; 08-25-2018 at 10:14 PM.
BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #18356
ssssssantimonio
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 411867
Join Date: Jan 2015
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Winnipeg
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
Of course you would be childish about it. Thats obviously not what Im saying, what Im saying is that 2.5 guys get defensive when STi guys trash them because the initial assumption is its an elitist mentality. Im saying that I also have a 2.5 and it is done tastefully which is my point, Im not just being an ******* because its a 2.5. Final point, you put your car on the internet you have to be ready for honest opinions, not everyone is going to like it, no need to get defensive.


Bingo.
Whats this? All I know is that a car's value is equal to the amount of money you lose and potentially lose.

So if I drive a 2.5 and stop next to an sti. I know i saved like 30 grand and the guy spent more than that.
ssssssantimonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #18357
Shipman
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 312847
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: MD
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STi
2008 Legacy/2003 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssssssantimonio View Post
Whats this? All I know is that a car's value is equal to the amount of money you lose and potentially lose.

So if I drive a 2.5 and stop next to an sti. I know i saved like 30 grand and the guy spent more than that.
How does the value of a car from the factory have anything to do with doing tasteful modifications to the car?
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:30 AM   #18358
DanB2006Impreza
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 490875
Join Date: Aug 2018
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza
Steel Gray Metallic

Default My 2006 2.5i




This is my 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i in Steel Gray Metallic.

I bought it from a friend of mine a couple weeks ago for $1300. The car has 137k on the clock, and had head gaskets, timing belt and water pump, and a new clutch done before I bought it.

What I have done to the car so far:
- rear pads and rotors
- replacement rear bumper cover, painted and installed
- plastidipped the oem wheels in black

What I would like to do to it?

- I'm on the hunt for a replacement hood, would rather find one on NASIOC, or junkyard, rather than purchase and paint a replacement
- N1 style exhaust. Just louder and meaner sounding
- RallyArmor black/silver mudflaps
- come spring, or tax time, possibly some cheap 17x8 wheels

This Impreza is currently my daily. I got it for a good deal, and all the major stuff has been done previously on it. I bought it with the goal of keeping the miles down on my other car.
DanB2006Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #18359
DanB2006Impreza
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 490875
Join Date: Aug 2018
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza
Steel Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB2006Impreza View Post



This is my 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i in Steel Gray Metallic.

I bought it from a friend of mine a couple weeks ago for $1300. The car has 137k on the clock, and had head gaskets, timing belt and water pump, and a new clutch done before I bought it.

What I have done to the car so far:
- rear pads and rotors
- replacement rear bumper cover, painted and installed
- plastidipped the oem wheels in black

What I would like to do to it?

- I'm on the hunt for a replacement hood, would rather find one on NASIOC, or junkyard, rather than purchase and paint a replacement
- N1 style exhaust. Just louder and meaner sounding
- RallyArmor black/silver mudflaps
- come spring, or tax time, possibly some cheap 17x8 wheels

This Impreza is currently my daily. I got it for a good deal, and all the major stuff has been done previously on it. I bought it with the goal of keeping the miles down on my other car.
Update on my car -

I did end up getting the RallyArmor mud flaps, but decided black/white would be better (as pictured.)


Today, as I was leaving for work, some rust on my exhaust decided it would crack and break. So, now I have a hole (as pictured,) and have to do an exhaust sooner than I anticipated.


Has anyone had any luck with the Spec D N1 style exhaust for the wrx/sti? I know you have to cut the flange off, weld a bit of pipe in, and fab a new flange for it to bolt up. But that's where I'm at. Or I could go to my local exhaust shop and see if they can't put together something for me.
DanB2006Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:42 PM   #18360
OldGregg
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 452942
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2006 OBS SE
silver

Default

I had a rust problem with my exhaust and the mid pipe literally fell off the car while i was at a stop light.
OldGregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #18361
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Bought my 2009 new in 2009 and went through 9 harsh salt ridden winters here in NY so far and my exhaust is kind of rusty but still hanging in there with no leaks. Thought that was pretty impressive actually.

BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:16 PM   #18362
Lilyjess18
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479122
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX View Post
Bought my 2009 new in 2009 and went through 9 harsh salt ridden winters here in NY so far and my exhaust is kind of rusty but still hanging in there with no leaks. Thought that was pretty impressive actually.





Got those wheels packed. Haha been there
Lilyjess18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:38 AM   #18363
BWX
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 236305
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central.. NY
Vehicle:
2009 2.5i 4dr 5spd
Newport Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyjess18 View Post
Got those wheels packed. Haha been there
Haha yeah those Bremmer Krafts get packed in with snow. Looks pretty cool.



BWX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #18364
BuCru
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 469469
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Very clean car
BuCru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the widest tire that can be put on the 2.5i? SubieSubie Impreza Forum 21 07-25-2017 08:51 AM
Will the STi Front and Rear Bumper will fit on the 2.5i? GD6Noob Interior & Exterior Modification 7 04-30-2012 08:33 PM
Wheels that fit the 2.5i and the best offset. VIsubi Tire & Wheel 2 06-23-2010 09:19 PM
Test Drove the 2.5i Legacy at SoD maclif Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 8 06-02-2004 08:42 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.