Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 17, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
austynn2001
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 156434
Default 05 FXT into 02 WRX / 91 FWD legacy

Hey everyone! I recently picked up a smashed 05 FXT with the intention to use the entire suspension, gas tank, rear subframe/diff, and tranny to convert my 91 FWD legacy sedan to manual and AWD before I start the EG33 swap. I learned when we were picking it up that the engine was rebuilt 16k miles ago, so my next thought was to take the engine, ECU and full wiring harness to swap into my wives 02 WRX wagon that is currently rocking a ej22/ej205 setup and an 04 WRX transmission. I guess my questions so far would be if it would benefit me to keep the gas tank matched to the harness or would the 02 tank work fine with the 05 harness? Also, would the 04 WRX transmission work as well as the FXT transmission in the WRX? And any other connection issues I might have? I'd assume the window and door lock plugs would be the same. All the lights hopefully too? Keeping her car more factory / less cut wires is my priority. The legacy is kinda whatever. It'll be getting lifted and flared and dirty. Thanks for any input!
austynn2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links