Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
VTrider36
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 208656
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Premium 4dr
WR Blue

Default Turbo Health

Good Morning fellow subie dudes and lasses,
So i have a quick question about turbo health and cold weather. after starting my car and leaving it running for a couple mins, i take off for work a couple miles away. Its been cold lately (i.e. in the 20s) in upstate NY and i've noticed my spool sound get a little raspy if i give moderate/heavy throttle. Sounds kinda bad...really.
Just wondering what this could be. Is the oil a little cold, and therefore not circulating into the turbo well, causing some friction? cause i dont get the noise whilst warmed up. Its only when i just leave from where i've been stationary for awhile.
I'm just curious if someone might know so i can either A. Be worried or B. just acknowledge its some cold weather blues and let my subie warm up a little more before making the turbo work.

Thanks in advance,

Justin
VTrider36 is offline   Reply With Quote