Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 15, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Warranty Issues & SOA Problems

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-29-2018, 12:50 AM   #1
ultralight123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490766
Default Purchased Certified 2018 Impreza today - Upgrade Warranty?

Greetings Everyone,

First thread started on this forum.

I purchased a 2018 Subaru Certified Impreza today. Premium model. Under 6K miles. Driving home, I was surprised how nicely it drives and feels. My Mazda 3 (2017) feels sportier but the Impreza is more 'mature feeling' and damped from road shock. My wife will be delighted. The control panel (radio, Android apps etc) is leagues easier to use than the Mazda. Bravo.

Driving the 100 miles home, I was more thrilled by how the vehicle handles and accelerates (better than the 2 new ones I tested - probably to break in) than I expected. I'm not sure how a AWD can get as good a mileage as the base Mazda 3 4 cylinder as this Impreza weighs more.

We purchased a CPO in part for the 7K/100K powertrain warranty, having read about some CVT issues in prior generation Subarus.

Questions for you experts:

1. At this point, am I able to upgrade the warranty to 7/100K to either Classic or Gold?

2. For how long after purchase? (The finance manager said that once I walk out of the store, I can no longer purchase any Subaru warranty upgrade. That smelled a bit fishy so I declined. Also, his prices were full retail.)

3. Would the upgrade cost less than a new car's extended warranty as this already coes with 7K/100K powertrain warranty?

4. Finally, any suggestions as to where I can get the best quotes for the warranty upgrades? I think the markup on these is more than 100%.

Thanks in advance for any help to a brand spanking new owner.

UL

ps: Bonus Q.... I have a 2004 Subaru Forester XT in Automatic, and loaded everything including leather and sunroof. Where can I find its street value? Kelley Bluebook seems low to me. Thanks.
ultralight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2018, 02:15 AM   #2
ejicon
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2452
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
08 2.5 WRX
WRB Mica

Welcome to NASIOC!

You can purchased Subaru's Classic or Gold extended warranty plans anytime within the original 3 year/36,000 warranty period. Your Subaru is a 2018 with 6k miles. You qualify to purchase one of these plans. Customers who are interested in these extended warranty plans prefer to shop around, get quotes from local dealership and then returning to your original dealership to negotiate a fair price for one of the packages of your choice. With every Subaru I've purchased new and within the first 3 years of ownership, I would receive promotion pamphlets from Subaru with options to purchase their extended warranty. If you don't want to mess with dealerships, try calling Subaru of America and ask them to send you the paperwork and promotional packets that their send their customers who are interested in the extended warranty packages. More info can be found here: https://www.subaru.com/owners/added-security.html

For your second question, I would venture on over to subaruforester dot org and head over to the member's classified section to get a idea/feel for current pricing for your vehicle. Depending on your mileage and overall condition, you're looking at a selling price between $4,000 to $5,000.
Good luck!
ejicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:26 AM   #3
ultralight123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 490766

Thank you.
ultralight123 is offline   Reply With Quote