Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 15, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #101
Stija
*** Banned ***

Member#: 492861
Vehicle:
18 WRX Stg 2 tuned
Silver

I’ve been eyeing Stoptech Sport pads, anyone has any experience with them?
Stija is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #102
Norm Peterson
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498642
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
'19 WRX Limited 6MT
'08 Mustang GT (the toy)

It's encouraging to see both Carbotech and G-loc pads being available through KNSbrakes.

FWIW, I never found the original HPS pads to be dusty at all (or in ~2010 and later years to have particularly good bite either). You only got dust from Hawks in HP+ and up, along with severe rates of rotor wear if you ran up very many street miles with them.

The lower grades of track pads from either Carbotech or G-loc (with numbers 6, 8, and 10) have bite similar to HP+, still dust about as badly as HP+, but are virtually as gentle on your rotors as the original HPS compound.

Noise is comparable to HP+, which can be minimized if you occasionally do some much harder stopping than what most normal street driving typically requires. Do check your mirrors for following traffic first.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 03-09-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #103
Deathtrapwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 471404

I've been eyeing ebc rotors and yellowstuff pads for my 06 wrx. I loved ebc pads on my street bikes but I don't have any first hand experience with their car brakes. I've run hawk and stoptech in the past and didn't love or hate them. Anyone recommend ebc?
Deathtrapwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #104
Deathtrapwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 471404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stija View Post
Iíve been eyeing Stoptech Sport pads, anyone has any experience with them?
They were good pads on my daily. Theyve lasted a long time but didn't really stand out as anything super special. I'd buy them again if I wasn't looking for something more aggressive.
Deathtrapwrx is offline   Reply With Quote