Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 16, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #576
Scargod
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 260314
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 STI
silver gray metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haptic_ View Post
I've read through most of this thread but perhaps I missed it - has anyone installed this into a WRX GR (like the 2013 WRX hatch)?

Did you need any adapters? is a new PS pump needed (or suggested)? Is alignment needed afterwards? does VDC/traction control still work normally?

apologies if some of these are obvious questions
You sure you want to do this? You don't understand basic suspension and steering?
Yes, your questions are obvious and/or you did not read the right posts. Try a search of the thread! One hint: you will have to adjust toe. That is simple.
Scargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #577
Robsyuk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497861

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaturn7085 View Post
Fired the car up for the first time yesterday and bled the system. Found out a little detail most people have overlooked (including myself) until now...

The JDM P/S pump for 13:1 racks was different...

I noticed this when I took it out for a drive and the pump was straining at 1/2 to 3/4 lock. By straining, I mean the pump was whining at this position as bad as the OEM rack would at full lock. The proper p/n for the JDM pump is 34430FE071 (or 072).

USDM pump specs:

output = 7.2 cm^3/rev
relief pressure = 1067-1165 psi

JDM 13:1 pump specs:

output = 8.5 cm^3/rev (18% increase!)
relief pressure = 1176-1277 psi

This means that not only is the JDM pump designed for almost 20% more flow, but it is also designed to operate at a higher peak pressure. I'll be ordering one before I end up burning up the USDM pump.

There is also the 344304S000 motorsport pump - I don't know exact specs, but I know it has an even higher flow rate and pressure... as well as an advisory to replace it every racing season. It is entirely possible the F-type GDB models received this as the OEM pump for 13:1 rack applications, and that 344304S000 was simply the p/n to retrofit the A- through E-type models. Given that Prodrive cars ran the 34430FE072 part, I'm pretty sure that this is the case.
Does anyone know where to buy the to buy the 344304s000 one
Robsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:26 AM   #578
Scargod
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 260314
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 STI
silver gray metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsyuk View Post
Does anyone know where to buy the to buy the 344304s000 one
You don't need that one. The P/N 34430FG040 for the '08-'15 WRX/STI pump is what you want. It's all discussed a few pages back.
Scargod is offline   Reply With Quote