Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday September 20, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #26
vertrkr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460793
Vehicle:
2017 Premium 5 Door

Installed the body side molding. I got it for $194 otd from New England Subaru. The paint match was perfect far as I could tell and the install was super easy with the included templates. I used magnets at the corners for fine tuning the placement before taping it down. They do include isopropyl wipes but I prefer using my can of 99% isopropyl alcohol, which I can only find online.

They look good enough, I prefer the look without them but I hate door dings even more.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...Y5D8HSJpEYJynM
vertrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #27
Gadabout
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 461858
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
Island Blue Pearl

Hardly considered a "mod" these days, but I laid down some plastidip on the chrome & gray bits on the grille.

Aside from the emblem and headlights(?), it kinda bugged me that there wasn't much chrome going on on the front of the car (base model) to compliment the grille's chrome. Thus...dipped. [I don't plan on keeping that license plate frame, so ...]

Next up, save up to slap on the Fog Lamp Kit.

http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_201...451SFL000.html
Gadabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #28
GregoryOwen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadabout View Post
Hardly considered a "mod" these days, but I laid down some plastidip on the chrome & gray bits on the grille.

Aside from the emblem and headlights(?), it kinda bugged me that there wasn't much chrome going on on the front of the car (base model) to compliment the grille's chrome. Thus...dipped. [I don't plan on keeping that license plate frame, so ...]

Next up, save up to slap on the Fog Lamp Kit.

http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_201...451SFL000.html
don't buy the fog light kit, save your money, buy the winjet lamp assemblies on amazon for $40, and ps24w to h11 adapter for $11 on amazon also, and buy the switch and panel from your dealership for $60.

just take a dremel to the fog light bezels you have now and cut out the hole
GregoryOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #29
Gadabout
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 461858
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
Island Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryOwen View Post
don't buy the fog light kit, save your money, buy the winjet lamp assemblies on amazon for $40, and ps24w to h11 adapter for $11 on amazon also, and buy the switch and panel from your dealership for $60.

just take a dremel to the fog light bezels you have now and cut out the hole
Well, ****, Thanks! I've spent a few mornings browsing sites, trying to figure out a way to not spend $375+ .
Gadabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #30
palaudiver
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463031
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
White

Default Trailer hitch and installation

I just got a brand new 17 impreza and wanted a trailer hitch to be able to mount a bike rack. There are no 17 specific trailer hitches available as far as my searching skills could determine. I ended up ordering the Draw-Tite 24886 as it is specified on the draw-tite site a being compatible. Upon receiving it I found that it *almost* is compatible. The holes and the clearance from the exhaust system is correct but it was too narrow to match up to the holes on the car. With some measuring I found that it was 1.25 inches too narrow. With a little bit of effort and leverage I was able to bend the right flange of the hitch out 1 inch and the left flange out .25 inches. Now it matches up perfectly. There is some wiggle room with the measurement since the holes on the hitch are .5 inches side-to-side to allow for some play in the fitment. Once I had the bending of the flanges done and did a quick visual alignment, the rest of the installation instructions were spot-on. I hope this helps anyone who needs a hitch and is too impatient to wait for the manufacturers to start making them.
palaudiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #31
ahvuong
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 461020

Is there a way to convert the LED drl on the Sports model to regular lights (turn on when I flip to Auto or High)? And/or if I replace them with the fog lights, will they still be drl?
ahvuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:47 AM   #32
DriveLove
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335265
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport

Default Missing Screws or just Awaiting Accessory?

I just brought my 2017 Sport Wagon home last night. I love it so far! A world of difference over my 2014 Sport Lim Wagon!

So, this isn't exactly a mod question, but it "might" have to do with a mod. I bought (leased) it in the dark, and this morning, I saw that a nylon-like screw (in the front wheel well, holding a body panel on?) is loose, and that there are no screws in the back of the rear wheel wells (there are two holes, each).

Are those for the splash guards (that I don't have)? Or, did the guy screwing that other one in get distracted and forget to complete the job?

I need to swing by the dealership anyway, so I'll check the other Imprezas on the lot, but I figured I'd post here, in case y'all had previous knowledge ya wanted to share or also noticed the same thing.
DriveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #33
JCD02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463161
Default 2017 Impreza Badges and other questions

Hey everyone. New Impreza sport hatch owner here. Love the car. Only had it for a day so far but i like it so far. So I have a few questions

1. Is there anywhere to get custom badges for the front and rear? I want to put black on black, or black on white star badges. I searched around but not finding them for this car

2. Is there an intake system for this car yet?

thanks all
JCD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:50 AM   #34
angglev
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 459160
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
Crystal White Pearl

I have several questions and am super interested in what others have done. Here I go:

1. Anybody have a front license plate mount that is not a tow hitch mount? I don't like the plate flush against the paint with the two screws at the top. Curious to know if there are any OEM parts from other models that fit. If not, what aftermarket parts work?

2. There aren't any fixed point cross bars out for the 2017 Impreza. I'm waiting for Thule to have the right foot mount for the Aeroblades. Does anyone have any insight on Thule time frames from a past experience? Also, what's everyone's opinion on the width of the crossbars versus the width of the top of the car?

Interested in reading everyone's thoughts. Thanks.
angglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #35
drpoop
*** Banned ***

Member#: 421858
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza

angglev, the holes should be a standard distance apart. Just look up license plate frame/mount on amazon or ebay or whatever.
drpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #36
angglev
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpoop View Post
angglev, the holes should be a standard distance apart. Just look up license plate frame/mount on amazon or ebay or whatever.

I'm all about Amazon Prime. Nothing good on there. Waiting to see if anyone has used something different on here.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #37
OpFox
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 447104
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Spark Silver Metallic

Anyone try putting on a lip yet?

would the '12-16 lips fit with some mods?
OpFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #38
ptrout
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 68487
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
05 LGT
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by angglev View Post
I'm all about Amazon Prime. Nothing good on there. Waiting to see if anyone has used something different on here.

I am waiting on a form fitting plate holder.
I have used this since my legacy days. It fits tight and seamless.

Guys says will be in stock so hopefully I can score one next week and Ill post pics.

http://www.mycarworx.com/store/Impre...lateFrame.html

Got 2 warning so far but no tickets for no font plate.
ptrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:15 AM   #39
angglev
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2017 Impreza
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrout View Post
I am waiting on a form fitting plate holder.

I have used this since my legacy days. It fits tight and seamless.

Guys says will be in stock so hopefully I can score one next week and Ill post pics.

http://www.mycarworx.com/store/Impre...lateFrame.html

Got 2 warning so far but no tickets for no font plate.

Looks good! Post pics when you get it!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #40
KC
Scooby Guru

Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k | 14 BRZ (SSC)

Quote:
1. Anybody have a front license plate mount that is not a tow hitch mount? I don't like the plate flush against the paint with the two screws at the top. Curious to know if there are any OEM parts from other models that fit. If not, what aftermarket parts work?
Couple washers? Rubber grommets? Just get a couple spacers between the plate and the bumper and you'll have your standoff you're looking for. May have to get longer screws, but any hardware store (HD/Lowes) should be able to match the thread pitch and most have nylon screws.

Also glue a rubber grommet or rubber bump stop on the part of the plate near the bottom for the bottom of the bumper. I have a couple of them small self-adhesive tabs that are used on kitchen drawers to have them close more quietly on the back of my plate so it the metal doesn't rub on the paint, but because they're rounded, a very small contact point.

--kC
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:36 AM   #41
DriveLove
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335265
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport

Default Front plate holder

snip:
Quote:
Waiting to see if anyone has used something different on here.
I used my Flexyframe LD (swapped it from my 2014, it washed up nice). It's not fancy, but I like the teensy bit of added protection I get from people's mindless taps.

I got mine on amazon:
Flexyframe LD - Front Bumper Guard, Front Bumper Protection, License Plate Frame. Winner of Popular Mechanics Editors Choice Award 2012! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00881EQ1C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qORSyb1FCCB90

I had zero damage on my 2014 front bumper. On my 2017, someone left a mark after one day (hadn't installed the Flexyframe yet). :somad:

Flexyframe is on, now.

(Note: Flexyframe comes in LD - lightduty? - and a much beefier one. I like the LD; it is not rigid and the frame will bend if pressed; however, I prefer that, than it possibly popping or worse, cracking something. The 2017 is so low that most taps will be on the top of the frame, where it is "backed" by the bumper, anyway).
DriveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #42
ptrout
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 68487
Vehicle:
05 LGT
blue

Did XPEL ppf (DIY) hence bubbles, hopefully it dries in a couple

and form fitting plate folder

Last edited by ptrout; 03-08-2017 at 07:32 PM.
ptrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:54 AM   #43
Cptxbig
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 380906
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy gt
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahvuong View Post
Is there a way to convert the LED drl on the Sports model to regular lights (turn on when I flip to Auto or High)? And/or if I replace them with the fog lights, will they still be drl?
I would like to know this as well would much rather the led drl be a foglight that drl
Cptxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #44
vaux
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 457546
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
White

I've changed my interior lights / license plate light to pure white LEDs. Not really a true mod, but I can see way better now.

Pics below:

For those of you that are looking for the lights I purchased:

Map / Dome: here

License Plate: here
vaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #45
Cptxbig
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 380906
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy gt
Silver

Does anyone know if subaru or anyone els will be making an exhaust for the 17 sport hatch
Cptxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #46
JCD02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463161

When i click on your link for the lights it goes to amazon. then it says this will not fit your car????
JCD02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #47
vaux
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 457546
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD02 View Post
When i click on your link for the lights it goes to amazon. then it says this will not fit your car????
they fit. those 'this fits your car' stuff usually isn't very precise.
vaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #48
k7alo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464788

I would start a new thread, but I'm brand new to the forum.

Has anyone found a way to run power through the firewall yet in the 2017 Impreza? I'm trying to wire up my ham radio. I guess this would classify as a mod!
k7alo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #49
kippercd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 462999
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Premium
Black

Will look at other places on here as well, but this counts as a mod too. Any one have any thoughts/ideas on how to make the usb ports "turbocharge"? Love android auto, but seems to slowly drain my battery when plugged in.

Last edited by kippercd; 03-22-2017 at 09:12 PM.
kippercd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:50 PM   #50
Harriska2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464377
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza 5 Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7alo View Post
I would start a new thread, but I'm brand new to the forum.

Has anyone found a way to run power through the firewall yet in the 2017 Impreza? I'm trying to wire up my ham radio. I guess this would classify as a mod!
Yeah, I think on some website, linked here, there was a guy that ran electrical from his dash cam and radar detector to the front under the hood.
Harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote