Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 19, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #7726
P-Dub
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 422842
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumonkey View Post
I am running RCE Yellows on my 17 WRX with a set of Ambit RS18 in 18x9.5 +38 on its way. I was thinking of running Firehawk 255/40. I couldn't find much on that fitment in the thread. Would I need to roll or would I have to go 255/35?

Also, a lot of good looking cars up in this thread.
Firehawks run narrow and you can get by with 265/35 and will not rub...no rolling required.
P-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #7727
aluminumonkey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 157997
Chapter/Region: Tri-State

Quote:
Originally Posted by obZen View Post
I run 18x9.5 +40 with 265/35 Firehawks on Yellows with -1 front and -1.5 camber in the rear and everything clears easy. I have my fenders rolled as a precaution but after I got my setup on I realized it probably wasn't necessary. Firehawks run narrow compared to other tires, if I decide to get another set once these are done I'll be going 275/35. If I were you I'd go 265/35.

Edit: picture for reference
Setup looks nice. Do you have issues with driving around CT with the 35s? I am in South Jersey and commute into NE Philly and the roads have been terrible. I just worry about having ample rubber to protect the wheel, but I'm starting to doubt 5mm will really make a difference.
aluminumonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #7728
obZen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357126
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumonkey View Post
Setup looks nice. Do you have issues with driving around CT with the 35s? I am in South Jersey and commute into NE Philly and the roads have been terrible. I just worry about having ample rubber to protect the wheel, but I'm starting to doubt 5mm will really make a difference.
Yea CT roads are no bueno either haha. Issues? Not really. Between the Yellows and steamroller low profile tires you get a lot more feedback from imperfections on the road so you will be avoiding potholes. Doesn't bother me much, completely tolerable for daily driving. The girlfriend complained at first though.. much more bounciness upstairs if you catch my drift.
obZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #7729
4ChUnZFooL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 276663
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
Crystal White

New Shoes and other goodies.

Gramlight 57DR 18x9.5 +38
255 35 18 tire size
Lowered on F2 Type 2 Coilovers with 7 inch front springs

Last edited by 4ChUnZFooL; 07-16-2018 at 05:21 PM.
4ChUnZFooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #7730
ZerolFaithl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 448133
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Base
Grey

I currently run Rota SS10 18x8.5 +44 with a 255 35 18 tire and I'm lowered on coils, the back will occasionally scrub the inside of the wheel well when the tires travel upwards on steep parking lots lol but really not issues, actually have room to put in a small space to bring closer to the fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectra View Post
I am trying to pick what wheels I would like to go on my 2015 and I have been looking at the Rota SS10 in Sports Bronze and then also at the WedsSport SA10R. I have a WRB and like the bronze but than again I had a 2003 WRB and I had VOLK CE28N Bronze wheels. I just don't want to spend that kind of many on wheels this time. I just want to see what people think of these wheels because I am stuck. I think if I went with the Rota's I would do 18x8.5 and if I went with WedsSport I would do 18x9.5. Any input would be great.

Rota SS10 Sports Bronze

WedsSport SA10R

ZerolFaithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #7731
Wasubie85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477087
Vehicle:
2018 Wrx
Crystal White Pearl

Just mounted these last week and love em! TSW Interlagos 18x8 35et
Wasubie85 is offline   Reply With Quote