Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday May 14, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #1
Johnnybravo382
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 522133
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
Crystal black silica

Default Newbie from NC

Hi everyone. My name is Jonathan and I recently (and finally) got the car I've wanted for years. I ended up with a 2018 STI Limited...and I love it so much.

I've been a car buff for over 20 years and spent much of that time modifying my Mustang GT convertible for both show and go. It was retired to being weekend driven years ago. I've been wanting a fun, 4 door daily driver again ever since...specifically an STI.

I got my STI about 2 months ago and have spent some time doing "safe" modifications...new headlights, adding fog lights, new shifter and bearings. I also have a grimmspeed CAI and Accessport that I will be installing soon. I would love some recommendations for some other performance mods, but I want to keep a few things in mind. I want to make sure whatever mods I do don't make my car have issues passing state inspection here in NC. I have had to take my mustang to a different county every year for the last 15+ to have it inspected and don't want to go through that with another car too. Secondly, my car is and will be daily driven. I don't want to do things that will make my daily costs of driving it go through the roof. Lastly, I don't want it to be ungodly loud or "droney". I would be ok with some sound gain that correlated to performance gain, but I am not building my car to be loud...the quieter the better.

Thanks everyone!
Johnnybravo382 is offline   Reply With Quote