Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
purist_
*** Banned ***

Member#: 498218
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium
Pure Red

Default Dead battery revelations

I've had the car for a month short of two years and the battery went dead. I don't drive it often, 3400 miles, so I was waiting for this to happen. A few interesting things occurred and I learned a trick or two. First off, when a power source was connected to the dead battery, the car alarm came on immediately, I hit the button on the key to stop it, and cranked the engine right over. I next noticed that the "auto" feature on the driver's side window didn't work, neither did the driver's side button for the passenger side front window. At the dealership, a tech lowered the passenger side front window (with the passenger side window button) and held the button for a few seconds after the window had opened completely. He then did the same with the front driver's side window. Both windows were then operating normally. Rear window operation was not affected. The dealership tested and replaced the battery under warranty without an argument. I also realized that with a dead battery, the only way to access the trunk is trough the back seat! My jumper cables were in the trunk, and if I were a little less spry, I wouldn't have been able to retrieve them.
purist_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2020, 08:20 PM   #2
NighthawkSTI
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 495630

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist_ View Post
I also realized that with a dead battery, the only way to access the trunk is trough the back seat! My jumper cables were in the trunk, and if I were a little less spry, I wouldn't have been able to retrieve them.
Dont you have a key lock on the drivers door and a manual trunk release on the floor? Or a key lock on the trunk for that matter?

Last edited by NighthawkSTI; 10-17-2020 at 08:27 PM.
NighthawkSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/11 CRZ

The window revelation is in your owners manual (you know, that fat book in the glovebox that nobody reads)-
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #4
Wayne Suhrbier
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 144044
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 STI
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
The window revelation is in your owners manual (you know, that fat book in the glovebox that nobody reads)-
I thought that was to help counter balance the weight of the driver.
Wayne Suhrbier is offline   Reply With Quote