Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 20, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club
Mid Atlantic Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Annapolis Subaru
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-18-2020, 08:42 AM   #4376
Kawabuchi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 389458
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Black

not today, but a few days ago I replaced the a-pillar trim with the sti version. same thing, just gray. looks soooooo much better. just need to replace the rest of hte plastics and redo the headliner/sunroof. going to be a (not so) fun summer project
Kawabuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #4377
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

- Rolled 240,000 miles on the Brighton beater yesterday.

- Slowly continuing the harness reinstallation on the Legacy. Got the wiring to the DCCD 6MT routed through one of the new grommets (using an iWire wiring adapter to clean up the install of the 6MT in a car that didn't originally come with one). I'm not really sure I'm a fan of their adapter; seems like it's kind of an adapter to an adapter, but whatever.

The grommet that I intended to use was old and dried out, but it's a 1" (25mm?) hole in the firewall, so I bought a pack of new grommets on Amazon. I de-pinned the iWire adapter harness so I could pass the wiring through the grommet, then reinstalled the connector.

With the adapter harness plugged in:

(The 6 wires go to the DCCD and the neutral and reverse switches.)

From inside the car:

6 wires spliced, wrapped up, and good to go:
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #4378
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

- Somehow I popped the radiator cap off the beater Impreza this weekend. Was driving on Fort Myer and smelled coolant. Hmmm, is that me, or the car(s) I'm following? Got to the Commissary parking lot, parked it and took a look. Even before popping the hood I saw a couple rivulets of coolant running down the front bumper. Hmmm... Popped the hood and there was coolant splattered all over the passenger side of the engine bay, but no obvious point of origin.

I went into the Commissary and bought a few gallons of water, then headed back out to try to figure out where the leak was. When I went to remove the radiator cap, it lifted right off - I didn't have to twist it! The last time I had checked the coolant level was a couple weeks ago, and the car had been driven multiple times since then. If I had failed to secure the radiator cap a couple weeks ago, why did it not blow coolant all over the place during one of those previous drives? The only thing I can figure is that I didn't quite twist the cap on all the way, so it was able to gradually loosen itself over the course of the previous drives, and finally loosened enough to release pressure this weekend.

I refilled the radiator, reinstalled the cap (making very sure that I twisted it fully into the locked position), and didn't have any issues driving the car home. Once I was home, I replaced the cap with the one from the non-running Legacy in the garage, and ordered a new one from Rock Auto.

- Rolled 241,000 miles on the beater as I was leaving my neighborhood this morning.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 01:08 AM   #4379
PriNT2357
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 364201
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
White

After a long weekend of hauling the car cross country, I now have the ability to tear open the engine and find out how bad things are. Last time I tried to drive it, the car wouldn't go into gear and in the process of diagnosing the problem, a larger one came up. Turns out that having a timing cover bolt bouncing around in the timing cover leads to the belt jumping timing.
Started to pull the motor since timing jumped about 90 degrees on the passenger intake cam. This will be my first engine pull, so here's to hoping I don't bleed too much over the car.
PriNT2357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:43 AM   #4380
Kawabuchi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 389458
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Black

Put the two trim pieces around the rear seat belts in cause they finally arrived. Just waiting for two more oh-**** handles and some time to figure out how to wrap/paint the shoulder harness and my interior renovation is complete.

Planning on an oil change this weekend, followed by a good wash/wax. Even pulling the wheels off to clean the well out! Probably going to break out the polisher too- the front bumper feels like 80grit sandpaper :/
Kawabuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #4381
Rangerarnold
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518689
Default What I did.

Today I replaced fuel filter and air filter. Also cleaned up the MAF. ON my 94 legacy.
Rangerarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #4382
ohitstarik
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 518208

2003 WRX, changed out the valve cover seals. Pretty easy job honestly. Making wastegate pressure too, i'm going to change the solenoid for that and hope it fixes it
ohitstarik is offline   Reply With Quote