Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 13, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #26
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
---> hot wizard of
the night <---

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post


Purple to Blue? Are you perhaps thinking Galaxy Blue?
Ah, Galaxy Blue. That's right, it was between those two. All are blue colors. Some more true blue some more purple. That Ascent color looks purple (cobalt) in some pics, blue in others. The logo has some purple and blue in it, sort of like what the images of the Ascent shows.

There's already the Dark Blue Pearl in the lineup, so I'm assuming Heritage Blue will be considerably lighter than that? Pacifica Blue Pearl would be cool.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #27
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
06 Forester 04 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermobox View Post
Just got word of our first run of 50th Editions due in January.
1. STi Base - Crystal Black "Special Edition" I'm guessing the RA
2. WRX Ltd - Heritage Blue "50th Anniversary Model"
3. BRZ Ltd - Crystal Black "Special Edition" I'm guessing tS
4. Legacy 2.5i Ltd - Heritage Blue "50th Anniversary Model"
5. Impreza 2.0i Ltd - Heritage Blue "50th Anniversary Model"
6. Forester 2.5i Touring - X2 - Heritage Blue "50th Anniversary Model"
7. Outback 2.5i Limited - Heritage Blue "50th Anniversary Model"
8. Crosstrek 2.0i Limited - Heritage Blue "50th Anniversary Model"

Will be interesting to see the Heritage Blue and if they keep pumping them out all year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
We have 2 "Special Editions" and 1 that says tS. Think they are different. Type RA is still few months away.
OK. A little confusion. Now that they are showing in our pipeline, the tS is also saying "Special Edition". Not sure what it means since the non-tS's are also saying "Special Edition".

edit: and to add to THAT confusion, the "special edition" I thought was not a tS IS a tS. Typo in the system.

Last edited by JustyWRC; 12-11-2017 at 12:04 PM. Reason: update
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:53 AM   #28
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4S-TURBO View Post
"Similar". Like Plasma Blue and Lapis Blue similar.
Wasn't saying it wouldn't be similar, was just naming the color posted.
keepclam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:56 AM   #29
keepclam
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 120244
Join Date: Jul 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Everett, WA
Vehicle:
2006 Legacy SE Sedan
2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD

Default

Sonic Blue would be a good "heritage" color as well.
keepclam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:07 AM   #30
cpages2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4711
Join Date: Mar 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Vehicle:
2014 Porsche 911
2003 WRX & 2011 STi

Default

Just to clarify, the 50th anniversary edition STi is not the Type RA, these will be separate models with different release dates.
cpages2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #31
thermobox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50156
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Timonium, Md
Vehicle:
16 Impreza
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
OK. A little confusion. Now that they are showing in our pipeline, the tS is also saying "Special Edition". Not sure what it means since the non-tS's are also saying "Special Edition".

edit: and to add to THAT confusion, the "special edition" I thought was not a tS IS a tS. Typo in the system.
So yeah, my guess was right. They are the tS and RA and both due in April's allocation.
thermobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #32
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
06 Forester 04 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermobox View Post
So yeah, my guess was right. They are the tS and RA and both due in April's allocation.

Which is odd. Never had a car in our pipeline with an ETA soo far out. The 50th is even showing April.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM   #33
thermobox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50156
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Timonium, Md
Vehicle:
16 Impreza
White

Default

Guess you weren't selling em when we had the last WRX Limited Edition and STi Special Edition? I think that was 2010MY?
thermobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #34
cpages2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4711
Join Date: Mar 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Vehicle:
2014 Porsche 911
2003 WRX & 2011 STi

Default

Jan. Delivery for 50th Anniversary Legacy, Outback and Impreza
Feb. Delivery for 50th Anniversary WRX, STi and Forester
Mar. Delivery for 50th Anniversary Crisstrek
Apr. Delivery for 50th Anniversary BRZ - ALSO this is when BRZ ts and STi Type RA arrive.
cpages2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #35
Reverend_
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
Hyper Blue

Default

Heritage Blue will be more like Ice Silver Metallic and WR Blue Pearl blended together. It's almost like the S208 STI paint with some pearl in it.

http://allwelldrive.blogspot.com/201...niversary.html
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #36
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
---> hot wizard of
the night <---

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpages2 View Post
Jan. Delivery for 50th Anniversary Legacy, Outback and Impreza
Feb. Delivery for 50th Anniversary WRX, STi and Forester
Mar. Delivery for 50th Anniversary Crisstrek
Apr. Delivery for 50th Anniversary BRZ - ALSO this is when BRZ ts and STi Type RA arrive.
Criss Crisstoffatrekin "Enough For You" from the album "Jesus Was a Taurus" is my all time personal fav. Because trekin requires just enough to properly trek. Just. Enough.



Locked behind your eyes
And I can't even blame you
For the things you're turning to
It's just a shame to know
I'm not enough for you.


Yep!
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM   #37
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
06 Forester 04 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermobox View Post
Guess you weren't selling em when we had the last WRX Limited Edition and STi Special Edition? I think that was 2010MY?

What WRX limited edition?

There were only 300 Special Edition STIs for 2010. We did not get one; so, I would not have seen it in the system.

The Hyper Blues weren't in the system for that long.

The 2013 Special Edition Tangerine Orange WRX and STIs were limited to 200 WRX and 100 STI. We did not get any of those either(though we sold many more WRXs than 2 district dealers that did); so, I would not have seen them in our system.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #38
Reverend_
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 315019
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Omaha, NE
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STI
Hyper Blue

Default

The Hyper Blue showed up in dealer pipelines in June or July of 2015 and reached dealership lots starting in late September/early October.

It's slightly further out, but not completely unheard of to see the tS and RA models this far out. Timeline-wise.

I do find it interesting that the BRZ tS and the WRX STI Type RA have had photos and pre-production models lingering around since last summer, yet the 50th Anniversary Models have had very little promotion and zero photos circulated, yet they'll be coming out much sooner. Perhaps keeping the lid closed until the unveil in Chicago in February?
Reverend_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:51 AM   #39
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
06 Forester 04 Forester

Default

Hyper Blue was late July. The normal 2-ish months in the pipeline. These are 4 1/2 months. Way unusual.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #40
thermobox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50156
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Timonium, Md
Vehicle:
16 Impreza
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
What WRX limited edition?

There were only 300 Special Edition STIs for 2010. We did not get one; so, I would not have seen it in the system.

The Hyper Blues weren't in the system for that long.

The 2013 Special Edition Tangerine Orange WRX and STIs were limited to 200 WRX and 100 STI. We did not get any of those either(though we sold many more WRXs than 2 district dealers that did); so, I would not have seen them in our system.
For 2010MY the WRX was released as a "Limited Edition" and the STi was a Special Edition. The WRX was overly contented and the STi was de-contented. This was a parts clearing special and something to gain sales as they moved to the wide body sedan style for 2011MY.
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/subaru...n-ar82058.html
This move also cemented all of the trims as we still know them Base, Premium, Limited, Touring.

Per cars101.com
Limited adds to WRX Premium
New model announced 11/24/0-9, introduced at the LA auto show 12/4/09, prices announced 1/29/10
Expected starting late February-March 2010.

HID headlights with power hi/lo adjusting like the STI. see images
Sirius satellite radio
Leather interior- Carbon Black Leather
colors available- Obsidian Black, Dark Gray, Spark Silver, Satin White (see colors)
Bluetooth - optional with BlueConnect (available starting 2/2010). Check your phone subaru.com/bluetooth

It was more of a trim addition/change than a low production run. They were trying to clear out body sets and part sets.

If you look at 2008-2011 every model year was tweaked a bit to make some kinds of sales happen. Like the 09-10GT. 2008 they even had a big incentive on STi and Tribeca. The last big incentive they ever offered.

It's exactly what the Fozzie Black Edition is and now coming with EyeSight. Lets clear out even more parts!
thermobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #41
thermobox
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 50156
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Timonium, Md
Vehicle:
16 Impreza
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_ View Post
Heritage Blue will be more like Ice Silver Metallic and WR Blue Pearl blended together. It's almost like the S208 STI paint with some pearl in it.

http://allwelldrive.blogspot.com/201...niversary.html
This guy ain't quite all the way right. We have cars due in December already. So many dealers will see cars pre-whatever auto show release he's talking about.
thermobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #42
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
06 Forester 04 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermobox View Post
For 2010MY the WRX was released as a "Limited Edition" and the STi was a Special Edition. The WRX was overly contented and the STi was de-contented. This was a parts clearing special and something to gain sales as they moved to the wide body sedan style for 2011MY.
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/subaru...n-ar82058.html
This move also cemented all of the trims as we still know them Base, Premium, Limited, Touring.

Per cars101.com
Limited adds to WRX Premium
New model announced 11/24/0-9, introduced at the LA auto show 12/4/09, prices announced 1/29/10
Expected starting late February-March 2010.

HID headlights with power hi/lo adjusting like the STI. see images
Sirius satellite radio
Leather interior- Carbon Black Leather
colors available- Obsidian Black, Dark Gray, Spark Silver, Satin White (see colors)
Bluetooth - optional with BlueConnect (available starting 2/2010). Check your phone subaru.com/bluetooth

It was more of a trim addition/change than a low production run. They were trying to clear out body sets and part sets.

If you look at 2008-2011 every model year was tweaked a bit to make some kinds of sales happen. Like the 09-10GT. 2008 they even had a big incentive on STi and Tribeca. The last big incentive they ever offered.

It's exactly what the Fozzie Black Edition is and now coming with EyeSight. Lets clear out even more parts!

Yeah. No. No "limited EDITION". Just the "intro" of the Limited trim we still get today.

And please don't be in that camp that thinks Subaru orders soooo many parts that they have to decide to make something to "clear out inventory". They don't.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #43
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
---> hot wizard of
the night <---

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_ View Post
Heritage Blue will be more like Ice Silver Metallic and WR Blue Pearl blended together. It's almost like the S208 STI paint with some pearl in it.

http://allwelldrive.blogspot.com/201...niversary.html


Doesn't the Crosstrek already come in this color?

4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #44
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
06 Forester 04 Forester

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4S-TURBO View Post


Doesn't the Crosstrek already come in this color?



I hope it's not that close to each other.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:39 PM   #45
4S-TURBO
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 67807
Join Date: Aug 2004
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
---> hot wizard of
the night <---

Default

The color shifts quite a lot depending on the light.



4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:17 PM   #46
dryak25
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 301779
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

I sure hope that isn't it, that color is meh
dryak25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:26 PM   #47
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

That color has been shown since NYIAS, I believe. I recall asking about it at NYIAS and I think that was the first time it appeared.

It's kinda cool and kinda meh, like dryak25 said. It really depends on the lighting.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.