Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 17, 2017
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #726
pgh88
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316756

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmules View Post
I've had my '17 Sport 5-door CVT w/ HK for almost exactly 8 months now. So far, aside from the ongoing infotainment issues, and lack of power, I think it's a decent vehicle. The handling and ride quality are it's redeeming qualities. The steering is very responsive, the braking is phenomenal, and the ride is smooth.

My fuel economy has increased to around 30-32 MPG, at 90+% highway driving. Whether I drive spiritedly or not, it seems to stay around that. I haven't been tracking it consistently in my fuelly account, but will try to.

I will say this, I did get a trade-in quote a few days ago from my dealer, as I am really thinking about getting a WRX. I was quoted $19,600 for a trade. That's a pretty big depreciation for 8 months of ownership and 8500 miles on a roughly 26k stickered vehicle. I understand that the 2018's are out, so the short '17 life cycle (given the initial wait times on orders) didn't help, and cars take their biggest depreciation hits early in life. I was told my dealer would CPO it and list it for about $22,500. I could most certainly negotiate the trade up to 20k, MAYBE a little more, but geez.

My complaints with subaru not financially enabling my car problem aside , I really do like my Impreza. It's sharp looking, fun to drive (in ways other than speed), and economical. Given the current push to move 2017's, I'm sure anyone looking could score a GREAT deal on one right now. My dealer (Van Bortel Subaru) had something like 34 in stock last week they were looking to get rid of.

If anyone has any questions, I am a recently appointed Subaru Ambassador (coupons are spoken for ), and would be happy to answer them for you. Just PM me on here, or find me on instagram @roc_subaruin .
I find the car has plenty of power for it's intended use. in fact, I like the power delivery(DI) and the cvt(7 Speed) better than my 16 outback. It rides and handles better to. I wouldn't touch a WRX until it is out on the SGP.
pgh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #727
JAFO_2.0iSport
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 472700
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh88 View Post
Give it some time 2-3k. Don't baby it drove it like you stole it. It will smooth out. Mine is smooth as butter at 2,700
I hope so. It does seem to be getting a little better. Either that, or I'm unconsciously accelerating a bit quicker to get past those first few "gears".
JAFO_2.0iSport is offline   Reply With Quote