Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 19, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #1001
wessingd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 477116
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
Black

Default

Just got the MAP stage 2 kit installed yesterday. Before that my 2016 wrx was bone stock..all I can say is WOW, what a night and day difference over stock. Driveability is 100x better than stock, I can actually drive it without jerking all over the place. Power feels very solid almost all the way to redline.

If anyone out here is debating between the muffler/muffler delete, please do yourself(and anyone living with 5 miles of you) by getting the muffled version. I was debating forever and ended up getting catless with mufflers, and boy am I glad I did any louder it wouldn't even be close to suitable as a daily(at least for me).

Tune seems very solid. I have had a few knock events(highest of -2.81, but DAM has remained a constant 1) and have emailed some logs to Ian, hopefully I hear back from him soon. To anyone on the fence about purchasing the kit just get it over with and pull the trigger, I can guarantee you won't regret it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wessingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #1002
lawadm1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 439406
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Illinois
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium 6MT
Black - MAP Stage 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessingd View Post
Just got the MAP stage 2 kit installed yesterday. Before that my 2016 wrx was bone stock..all I can say is WOW, what a night and day difference over stock. Driveability is 100x better than stock, I can actually drive it without jerking all over the place. Power feels very solid almost all the way to redline.

If anyone out here is debating between the muffler/muffler delete, please do yourself(and anyone living with 5 miles of you) by getting the muffled version. I was debating forever and ended up getting catless with mufflers, and boy am I glad I did any louder it wouldn't even be close to suitable as a daily(at least for me).

Tune seems very solid. I have had a few knock events(highest of -2.81, but DAM has remained a constant 1) and have emailed some logs to Ian, hopefully I hear back from him soon. To anyone on the fence about purchasing the kit just get it over with and pull the trigger, I can guarantee you won't regret it.

So you're going to spare us the battle with the turbo bolts/studs? That's the best part. And if you didn't have any problems with them then you suck.
lawadm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #1003
wessingd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 477116
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawadm1 View Post
So you're going to spare us the battle with the turbo bolts/studs? That's the best part. And if you didn't have any problems with them then you suck.
I took it to a local performance shop for install as I don't have the time, 3 hours to install everything and knowing it was done properly give me peace of mind But I did ask the tech if he had issues w the J-pipe removal and he said no problems at all, my car is a 16 w 29k miles.
wessingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #1004
mishapopa
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 393629
Join Date: Jun 2014
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessingd View Post
Just got the MAP stage 2 kit installed yesterday. Before that my 2016 wrx was bone stock..all I can say is WOW, what a night and day difference over stock. Driveability is 100x better than stock, I can actually drive it without jerking all over the place. Power feels very solid almost all the way to redline.

If anyone out here is debating between the muffler/muffler delete, please do yourself(and anyone living with 5 miles of you) by getting the muffled version. I was debating forever and ended up getting catless with mufflers, and boy am I glad I did any louder it wouldn't even be close to suitable as a daily(at least for me).

Tune seems very solid. I have had a few knock events(highest of -2.81, but DAM has remained a constant 1) and have emailed some logs to Ian, hopefully I hear back from him soon. To anyone on the fence about purchasing the kit just get it over with and pull the trigger, I can guarantee you won't regret it.
Agreed with everything but to be honest the tune I see as a temporary get-by. I ended up doing EGR and TGV deletes as well as a MAP TMIC and a Perrin charge pipe and getting a proper e-tune cleared up all the knock and concerns.

You want more night and day difference? Do your engine and tranny mounts
mishapopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:56 AM   #1005
wessingd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 477116
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
Black

Default

For anyone wondering what the catless muffled version of this kit sounds like, here is a little clip of my car. The video just doesnít do justice to the sound, but it can give you an idea.

wessingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:55 AM   #1006
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessingd View Post
For anyone wondering what the catless muffled version of this kit sounds like, here is a little clip of my car. The video just doesnít do justice to the sound, but it can give you an idea.

MAPerformance Stage 2 Kit- 2015+ WRX - YouTube
maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #1007
sth36
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449914
Join Date: Jun 2016
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Vehicle:
2016 WRX, Stg 2, FF
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishapopa View Post
Agreed with everything but to be honest the tune I see as a temporary get-by. I ended up doing EGR and TGV deletes as well as a MAP TMIC and a Perrin charge pipe and getting a proper e-tune cleared up all the knock and concerns.

You want more night and day difference? Do your engine and tranny mounts
Hey Misha, do you happen to have any logs comparing before and after the TMIC install? I'm curious about the efficiency of that MAP unit. Thanks!
sth36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #1008
sth36
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 449914
Join Date: Jun 2016
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Vehicle:
2016 WRX, Stg 2, FF
Ice Silver

Default

Also, how's the rebuild going Ian? Haven't seen an update on the shop car in quite some time. Hope that's a sign that things are going well and you boys are staying crazy busy.
sth36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #1009
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Yeah, it's been hectic for me lately, but it's all together! Currently have 6k miles on the build.

Final numbers so far on 93 octane:




Quote:
Originally Posted by sth36 View Post
Also, how's the rebuild going Ian? Haven't seen an update on the shop car in quite some time. Hope that's a sign that things are going well and you boys are staying crazy busy.
maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #1010
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Ian,

Any Black Friday deals on the MAP stage kits?
gn4rwhals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #1011
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn4rwhals View Post
Ian,

Any Black Friday deals on the MAP stage kits?
maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:31 AM   #1012
hibby50
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 360213
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

Pretty strange readings from my AP tonight. I've been running the stage 2 tune with MAP catted j-pipe and MAP intake for about a week now. Aside from the first day where I got fine knock learn of -4 and a Feedback knock of -2, I have stayed at -1.41 and 1.0 DAM for an entire tank of gas.

I put 20 bucks of shell 93 in, and things were going the same until a drive i had tonight. I did a hard pull from 1st and got a fine learn of -4, the DAM dropped to 0.875, but the weird part is the feedback knock was at 0. Dam then rose to 0.9-ish before i made it home, but the fine learn was still hitting 4 every time I was in 2nd at low rpm.

I was under the impression that it was like a chain of events. If you get feedback knock it'll change the fine knock and if you get too much fine knock itll change the DAM. So i'm a bit confused how my damn could drop and my fine knock learn could be so high when no feedback knock was even registered.

I'm gonna grab some logs tomorrow if it's still happening.

Edit: also what's the target boost for the latest revision? I hit 22.8lbs on that pull and it was just under 40 degrees out
hibby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:53 AM   #1013
gn4rwhals
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 453427
Join Date: Aug 2016
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Detroit, MI
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Depending on what knock monitor is active you may not see any FBK.

The only time my DAM dropped it registered FKL and it will/did take multiple cycles of driving in that RPM range to unlearn it.
gn4rwhals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #1014
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Did the knock occur during the WOT pull? Or was it between shifts? FKL will always repeat the scenario as it's trying to "re learn" that specific RPM range that it detected the knock. If this does continue, I would like to have some logs sent in sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Pretty strange readings from my AP tonight. I've been running the stage 2 tune with MAP catted j-pipe and MAP intake for about a week now. Aside from the first day where I got fine knock learn of -4 and a Feedback knock of -2, I have stayed at -1.41 and 1.0 DAM for an entire tank of gas.

I put 20 bucks of shell 93 in, and things were going the same until a drive i had tonight. I did a hard pull from 1st and got a fine learn of -4, the DAM dropped to 0.875, but the weird part is the feedback knock was at 0. Dam then rose to 0.9-ish before i made it home, but the fine learn was still hitting 4 every time I was in 2nd at low rpm.

I was under the impression that it was like a chain of events. If you get feedback knock it'll change the fine knock and if you get too much fine knock itll change the DAM. So i'm a bit confused how my damn could drop and my fine knock learn could be so high when no feedback knock was even registered.

I'm gonna grab some logs tomorrow if it's still happening.

Edit: also what's the target boost for the latest revision? I hit 22.8lbs on that pull and it was just under 40 degrees out
maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #1015
Mattfetch
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 462030
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Saint louis, MO
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Pretty strange readings from my AP tonight. I've been running the stage 2 tune with MAP catted j-pipe and MAP intake for about a week now. Aside from the first day where I got fine knock learn of -4 and a Feedback knock of -2, I have stayed at -1.41 and 1.0 DAM for an entire tank of gas.

I put 20 bucks of shell 93 in, and things were going the same until a drive i had tonight. I did a hard pull from 1st and got a fine learn of -4, the DAM dropped to 0.875, but the weird part is the feedback knock was at 0. Dam then rose to 0.9-ish before i made it home, but the fine learn was still hitting 4 every time I was in 2nd at low rpm.

I was under the impression that it was like a chain of events. If you get feedback knock it'll change the fine knock and if you get too much fine knock itll change the DAM. So i'm a bit confused how my damn could drop and my fine knock learn could be so high when no feedback knock was even registered.

I'm gonna grab some logs tomorrow if it's still happening.

Edit: also what's the target boost for the latest revision? I hit 22.8lbs on that pull and it was just under 40 degrees out


I was also wondering what the target boost was for the stage 2 tune. I was hitting a little over 19lbs today
Mattfetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #1016
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Target boost is 20 psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfetch View Post
I was also wondering what the target boost was for the stage 2 tune. I was hitting a little over 19lbs today
maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:50 AM   #1017
hibby50
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 360213
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maperformance View Post
Did the knock occur during the WOT pull? Or was it between shifts? FKL will always repeat the scenario as it's trying to "re learn" that specific RPM range that it detected the knock. If this does continue, I would like to have some logs sent in sir.
I'm not sure where it knocked, the strange part was the FBK stayed at 0 despite the DAM and FKL changing, but I believe the gas I got was bad. I ran the tank empty and filled up at my normal BP station and reset the ecu learning and i haven't seen more than 1.41. I did take some logs but it was during the relearn and there were no major knock events. Not sure what cause the almost 23lbs of boost either. I'm keeping my eyes on the AP though.
hibby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:11 AM   #1018
Raptoreye45
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 478896
Join Date: Dec 2017
Question Looking at buying

Hey guys was wondering if anyone has a sound clip of the catless muffler delete version. Just curious as to how loud it really is versus the cat less muffler version. Thanks
Raptoreye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:35 AM   #1019
wessingd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 477116
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptoreye45 View Post
Hey guys was wondering if anyone has a sound clip of the catless muffler delete version. Just curious as to how loud it really is versus the cat less muffler version. Thanks


I can tell you that the muffler delete version will be obnoxiously loud and your neighbors will hate you. I have catless w mufflers and itís plenty loud.
wessingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #1020
Stanley Yahtzee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466470
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maperformance View Post
Yeah, it's been hectic for me lately, but it's all together! Currently have 6k miles on the build.

Final numbers so far on 93 octane:

how safe are these numbers? ive heard that over 350wtq is bad for a stock engine. but ive also heard that a stock engine should be able to hold 22-23 psi boost reasonably well and you said this tune only goes to 20.
Stanley Yahtzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #1021
lawadm1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 439406
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Illinois
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium 6MT
Black - MAP Stage 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessingd View Post
I can tell you that the muffler delete version will be obnoxiously loud and your neighbors will hate you. I have catless w mufflers and itís plenty loud.
I have the catted w/ mufflers version, and the neighbors still let me know they can hear me leave in the morning. I think it's the perfect sound, but that's just my two cents.
lawadm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #1022
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Super over due, but we now have different tip options for our cat back!

We now have options for a single wall, straight cut tip, and a double wall slant tip, both offered in polished or burnt tip!



maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #1023
YungBoba
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 450808
Join Date: Jul 2016
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2017 WRX Premium
WR Blue Pearl

Default

The double-walled tips look nice!
YungBoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #1024
maperformance
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 141043
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
DGM

Default

Yeah, those are my favorite too

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungBoba View Post
The double-walled tips look nice!
maperformance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:31 PM   #1025
Stanley Yahtzee
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 466470
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Default

i like the middle one, it will go with my gold wheels im going to get in the spring. but how thick is that color on there? like how long will it stay looking gold like that? any special way to clean/treat it so it lasts longer?
Stanley Yahtzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.