Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 22, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
SubeeDude
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (9)

Member#: 328074
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2011 STI
WRB

Default BrenTuning E-Tune

Wanted to make a post about how much of a positive experience I've had getting my 2011 STI tuned by the crew over at BrenTuning. Several years ago I had them tune my 06 STI before I started throwing parts at it and ended up getting it dyno tuned. I ran that tune for about 1 1/2 years and it ran solid the whole time it was on that setup. Fast forward to this year, I sold my 06 and bought a stock 2011 GR STI. After getting some parts, I wanted to get rid of the crappy OTS stage 2 Cobb tune that suffers from the "fuel stumble".

In late October I had them tune it for a basic stage 2 setup with an EBCS. The car ran so much smoother, and much stronger. The fuel stumble was completely gone, and the process was just as easy as tuning my 06 several years ago. They were able to dial the tune to how I wanted it in only about 3 or 4 revisions, and were very fast with getting them back to me. I think the whole process took maybe 2 or 3 days to get it to where the tuner and myself were happy with the calibrations.

I picked up a set of Killer B Holy Headers for an insane deal in early December and wanted to make sure the car was properly tuned to take advantage of them, so I purchased a tune adjustment from BrenTuning. Unfortunately, it was a couple weeks outside of the 30 days you get with the initial tune, so I had to pay some, but it was still worth it knowing my car is running exactly how it should be. The tune was narrowed down in only one day after adding the headers and runs fantastic! It is nice knowing that I have another 29 days that I can use if I run into any issues with the calibrations or need a possible adjustment.

They were always courteous and fast with email correspondence, and after seeing the very few negative reviews they have received, it seems like the users didn't read BrenTuning's disclaimers about their tuning policies very well. I am very comfortable letting this professional company handle the calibration of my car, and if you are thinking about e-tuning your Subaru, I recommend you consider going through BrenTuning!

-Derek

Last edited by SubeeDude; 12-17-2018 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Grammar
SubeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links