Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-19-2020, 03:14 AM   #1
idos
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516166
Default cheap hybrid motor

Hello Everyone new here please no hate, I'm really new to this and really want to learn. I've been using open source tuning from the likes of from raider. Please note I have had a wonderful friend helping me who is really good with it.

soooo my ej205 finally has the knock knock.(the block had over 200k miles I'm not suprised it's knocking) and i'm about to hybrid swap.

I had picked up a hybrid engine with an unknown condition for 300 USD.
it turned out to have really good compression and the story is that the guy i got it from got it from another guy who ran his wrx into a wall and was done with it and just gave it to the original guy who isn't into subaru's.

On top of that I picked up from what I can tell a tdo5 18g for 150 bucks. What was need about this is that it's wast gate was welded shut (iv'e since gotten it unwelded. Whats odd about this turbo is that it has a garret cartridge and a custom flandge mated to a stock tdo4 exaust turbine side. (for those interested this is the marking on the turbo inlet "49179-54680" the marking on the garret cartridge "700177-5020" and "lam00429")

I also picked up an sti tmic for 100 USD. I also am getting a set of injectors sti pinks for 50 bucks (will need to be cleaned)

here is the specs of the motor:
ej257 bottem end
arp head studs
unknown larger pistons bored to 100mm (I haven't town into the motor)
tgv deletes
cobb catless up pipe

tldr price list

Motor: 300 USD
sti tmic:100 USD
Turbo 150 USD
injectors 50 USD

soo what do you guys think? any advise would be appriciated.
idos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links