Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 11, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-30-2019, 01:45 AM   #1
fl2006scooby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227309
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2010 STI Hatch
Obsidian Black

Default 2007 Impreza 2.5 i

I bought a 2007 Impreza 2.5i. Since day one I bought it, it wonít start. I have checked the timing belt itís fine. I changed the crankshaft sensor. Waiting in cam sensor to see if itís that. I also tried to see if I have spark on the spark plugs but I donít see no spark. What can it be. I donít want to pull the heads to see if the valves are bent?
fl2006scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #2
Muffin15
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326958
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
San Remo Red

Whoa there, are you just throwing sensors at it hoping one of them will take care of it? While that might end up being the case you're just throwing money at it without actually diagnosing what the problem is.

Does it crank? Does it not crank? Do you hear the fuel pump prime? Do you have any idea of the car's history as to how long it's been like that? Any codes if you scan it? I think it would be wise to collect some information as to what you know is good before you start replacing things. While a bad valve is going to keep it from running well you should at least still get some ignition from it if that is the case
Muffin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:19 PM   #3
metalmuskee
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508957

What's the mileage on it.
metalmuskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
SubieIOSGal
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507436
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza Otbk Sp
Silver

Smile Diagnostics

It's hard to diagnose the issue with what you've posted. I agree with the other responders that sensors may not be the issue, and we need more info before we're able to help much.
Start with basic ignition and electrical system first.
First, try simple diagnostics.
Does engine turn over?
Do you hear a clicking sound?
Do you hear a grinding sound?
Turn key to "on" position - do the dash lights come on?
If you have access to a OBD2 scan tool, and if the dash lights come on, hook up the scan tool.
Use a battery tester to check that the battery isn't dead.
Check the fuse boxes for damage or missing fuses.
If this is a manual, be sure to depress the clutch pedal *all* the way to the floor when trying to crank. I made this mistake on my '05 IOS! There is a clutch pedal switch that prevents the car from starting unless the clutch pedal is fully engaged. I thought my battery was dead, alternator fried, fuse blown... I had just not pushed in the clutch quite far enough. *embarrassment*
Also, I'm assuming you've already done this but if not: Check the fluid levels before trying to start it. Oil, coolant, and check transmission just to be sure some fluid is there (it won't read right unless the car is actually running).
Let us know what you find out!

Last edited by SubieIOSGal; 12-04-2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding a step to depress clutch pedal all the way to floor if a manual.
SubieIOSGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
Wolficus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 146738
Vehicle:
2006 2.5i wagon
black

Have you checked the coil pack to make sure its good? If the motor spins when trying to start.. I would check that since your not getting spark.
Wolficus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
not my president
(From General)

You need 3 things, right? Fuel. Have you verified the injectors are at least getting trigger pulses and power? Spark. You say you have no spark. Ok. Why? Are there codes? Did this ever run? If so, something went wrong. You have to figure out what. The third thing is compression and if all the valves were stuck open, you wouldn't get that.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote