Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday December 11, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-02-2019, 07:25 AM   #1
Apexmaster35
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508945
Default 2012 impreza CVT, axle issues

hi guys my sister in law has a '12 impreza w/ 2.0L NA CVT trans. car has 110 miles on it. her transmission went out last year and had a Reman put in by a subaru dealership. exactly 1 year from install she began having issues. I am no Subaru Tech, but am I Heavy duty Diesel Tech for over 10 years. I began to look at the car yesterday. i 1st test drove car, Right away i noticed all 4 wheel bearings screaming. the front ones are worst than rear. also when on WOT, at 4k the front end like shakes (WB). i put car on jacks and inspect front Hubs. i made short video of noise the FL hub makes. the FR does not make that noise but does have excessive lateral play. on the FL i cannot quiet tell where the clinking noise in video is coming from, maybe DIFF?
now read what the subby tech wrote in the notes, i cannot believe this idiot.
hes talking about a CEL which caused engine to brake, and all he did is clear, does not state the CODE number. also they state installed a Reman transmission and they flush it? usually when you install a new or reman there is no need to flush! also he used oil trans oil pan, and installed several different type fasteners on it, and it was leaking.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eePshdoVJ9VR4SYv9
Apexmaster35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links