Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 14, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor Storefront Forums > Edge Autosport

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #1
EdgeAutosport.com
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 329319
Default HOW TO: Whiteline Rear Sway Bar and End Links - Subaru WRX 2008-2014

HOW TO: Whiteline Rear Sway Bar and End Links Installation Subaru WRX 2008-2014

With this install, a 20mm non-adjustable way bar was used but this installation will apply to all sway bars and end links for the models that it fits. This sway bar will fit these models:

Subaru WRX 2008-2017
Subaru WRX STI 2008-2017
Subaru BRZ 2013-2016
Scion FR-S 2013-2016
Subaru Legacy ALL 2010-2016

Step 1

Start by disconnecting the sway bar end links from the bar. The end link connects to the bar via a ball joint. The ball joint will spin if youíre not able to hold the stud in place while you loosen the fastening nut. Use an alan wrench and pass it through a wrench and loosen the nut. A ratcheting closed end wrench will make this easier.

Step 2

Remove the bolt holding the end link to the lower control arm. Use 2 wrenches to loosen the nut. Now that both sides of the end link are detached, remove the end link.

Step 3

Remove the sway bar mounting brackets from the car. Each side has 2 bolts. As you remove them, make sure to support the sway bar so it doesnít fall as the bolts are loosened.

Step 4

Assemble the new Whiteline bushings onto the bar before mounting it to the car.

Continued on next post...

Last edited by EdgeAutosport.com; 01-13-2017 at 11:50 AM.
EdgeAutosport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
EdgeAutosport.com
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 329319

Step 5

Raise the bar up to the mounting area and place inside of the factory mounting brackets. Secure at least the bottom bolt on the bracket to prevent the bar from falling while you mount it. There is an upper tab that holds the top side of the bracket in place. Put the upper bolt in but keep all bolts loose so you can rotate the bar while finishing the installation. The newest Whiteline bushings are actually grease-less so you donít need to grease them if they are this style.

Step 6

Loosen the end linkís upper locking nut and rotate either the center, gold part or the ball joint to lengthen the end link. Youíll tighten this and position it later. For now, you want leave enough room to allow the ball joint and end link to flex while fitting it to the sway bar and the car. Itís easiest to attach the ball joint end to the sway bar first just to get it through the hole. When itís already mounted in the control arm, it can be more difficult to put the ball joint side through the sway bar. After the end link is through the sway bar, fit it to the control arm. It can be a tight fit but itíll go in. Make sure you use the provided gold spacers.

Step 7

Position the end link so that itís as straight as possible inside the bar. If you need to rotate the center to either shorten or lengthen the link, do so now. After you have it straight, tighten down the black locking nuts against the gold center section.

Step 8

Fasten the nuts to the bolt attaching the end link to the lower control arm. Keep the bar centered on the car as close as you can and tighten the nuts that go on the end link to fasten it to the bar. The Whiteline end link features a hex base at the bottom of the stud so you can use a wrench to keep it from spinning while you tighten the nut down.

Step 9

Tighten down the brackets holding the sway bar to the subframe.

Step 10

Fasten the provided clamps onto the sway bar right up against the inside of the sway bar bushing. Donít tighten these too much.

EdgeAutosport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:55 AM   #3
02Rone
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 349556
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
DGM

Which end links are these? How to they compare to KB? I read somewhere on the forum the car should be on the ground with suspension loaded when doing this install.
02Rone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #4
PineAppleCawks
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 344053

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Rone View Post
Which end links are these? How to they compare to KB? I read somewhere on the forum the car should be on the ground with the suspension loaded when doing this install.
The directions say that if there is no room to do it with the suspension loaded to leave the bolts loose, drop the car, tighten everything down. To me, it seemed like it didn't really matter if the suspension was loaded or not, but with the car off the ground, I had to put the jack under the knuckles and load the suspension slightly to actually get the bushing retainer in the correct position.

Sorry to bring back a thread. Just wanted some advice on the install. I just put my swaybar on my 07 legacy. The bushing on the driver's side has a small gap around the bar where it is not snuggly fit into the bushing.

The bushing on the passenger side is not like this. perfect snug fit.

Was there a specific side that needs to have a particular bushing on? I did not see any markings anywhere that indicate this. As far as how it feels when driving its totally fine, but I wanted to double check.
PineAppleCawks is offline   Reply With Quote