Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 6, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Proven Power Bragging

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #51
Infamous1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133692
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In So Cal tuning YOU!!! ;)
Vehicle:
2003 Chevy Z06
Black/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalLGT View Post
I've had a few cars that had run on other real dynos that were supposed to read lower than my DJ. One made exactly the same power and the others made LESS power here than on the other dyno.

As for 5-9% less.... well.... that would mean you would be making 400-414whp here if your claim and math are correct. You are more than welcome to bring the car up and run it here. If it makes what you claim for 2 out 3 runs the dyno time is free. If it falls short you owe me double our normal $90 3 pulls fee... How confident are you?
No time for your silly games plus I have ran multiple cars on the street that have had their cars dyno'd at your shop. Where do you think I got the percentage?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #52
socalLGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89752
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the dyno at Yimi Sport
Vehicle:
08 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
No time for your silly games plus I have ran multiple cars on the street that have had their cars dyno'd at your shop. Where do you think I got the percentage?
Where these cars that I have tuned and then you ran on the street or vice versa? I do sometimes have to make some changes after a car comes off the dyno that can sometimes drop power a touch. The graph the customer has in hand won't reflect these changes. That might be skewing what you are seeing. All I know is that your car ain't makin' 414whp on straight pump I'll even sweeten the deal for you. No double or nothing... just bring it and even if it ends up being less than 400whp all you owe is the normal $90. If it's above 400whp for at least 2 out of 3 pulls, you get the runs for free. No tuning between pulls but you are welcome to log it.
socalLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #53
unclemat
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 114530
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2005 LGT 6MT wagon

Default

Infamous, I think you should go for it!
unclemat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #54
LittleBlueGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 96204
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Winnipeg
Vehicle:
2013 STI GR
White

Default

Common, Infamous.

I still think Infamous will win, but I want to see the real data!
LittleBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #55
socalLGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89752
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the dyno at Yimi Sport
Vehicle:
08 STI
SWP

Default

I know that neither of your guys is that familiar with CA 91 octane fuel, but do you seriously think that a stock motor LGT with a bolt-on GT30R will consistently make over 400whp? I can tell you I have never seen a single stock motor Subaru with a GT30R (bolt-on or rotated) make over 400whp consistently on straight pump gas on my dyno whether I tuned it or someone else tuned it. I'd love to see though. Maybe Shamar is the smartest OS tuner alive or his car is really strong from the factory...
socalLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #56
Infamous1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133692
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In So Cal tuning YOU!!! ;)
Vehicle:
2003 Chevy Z06
Black/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalLGT View Post
Where these cars that I have tuned and then you ran on the street or vice versa? I do sometimes have to make some changes after a car comes off the dyno that can sometimes drop power a touch. The graph the customer has in hand won't reflect these changes. That might be skewing what you are seeing. All I know is that your car ain't makin' 414whp on straight pump I'll even sweeten the deal for you. No double or nothing... just bring it and even if it ends up being less than 400whp all you owe is the normal $90. If it's above 400whp for at least 2 out of 3 pulls, you get the runs for free. No tuning between pulls but you are welcome to log it.
No they were not cars tuned by you, they were cars that were dyno'd on a dyno day back sometime ago. I honestly could care less what it does on the dyno, I am all about the track as you know. Three pulls and 1.5 hour drive, I'll pass especially with all I've got going on right now. But I know where you are and if I feel the need to take you up on the offer sometime down the line I will let you know for sure.
Infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #57
socalLGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89752
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the dyno at Yimi Sport
Vehicle:
08 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
No they were not cars tuned by you, they were cars that were dyno'd on a dyno day back sometime ago. I honestly could care less what it does on the dyno, I am all about the track as you know. Three pulls and 1.5 hour drive, I'll pass especially with all I've got going on right now. But I know where you are and if I feel the need to take you up on the offer sometime down the line I will let you know for sure.
No worries Shamar... just a little friendly ribbing I'm going to try and make it out to the next Street Legal day at Fontana. I was half way there when I heard that the last one was canceled due to high winds
socalLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #58
KNS Brakes
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 125739
Join Date: Sep 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Raleigh, NC
Vehicle:
2007 1500HD
Need Brakes? 919.420.0021

Default

wow - a more adult style smack talk - touche to both..

I have pretty much the same setup as OP - except a stock header ported a bit w/ a Grimm X-pipe - and I did some headwork and cams

It's in break in now - should be on the dyno next weekend though

We get 93 - I'll post up what she does on a Mustang once I see it

Hard to say so far - but it's not a laggy turbo at all - even on spring pressure it wants to make boost pretty quick

i dont think my PE 850's will support E85 though -
KNS Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #59
Boxer112
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 78751
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA (from NY)
Vehicle:
2017 Sti
ISM

Default

Paul,
I definitely need to come back in for a retune, it was a long spitting, spurting, spatting, and stumbling drive down to S.D. (not that his tune was messed up) with that new fuel pump assembly, the car is bogging all the time, i cant go over 14% IDC without it bogging. The car has learned a great amount around it but this thing is just hard to drive from stop light to stop light..lol.. wow...
Just so some people know, the tune was spot on, i had fuel pump issues and with the new pump, the car is running incredibly rich which is why it is running like crap.
Boxer112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #60
socalLGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89752
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the dyno at Yimi Sport
Vehicle:
08 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer112 View Post
Paul,
I definitely need to come back in for a retune, it was a long spitting, spurting, spatting, and stumbling drive down to S.D. (not that his tune was messed up) with that new fuel pump assembly, the car is bogging all the time, i cant go over 14% IDC without it bogging. The car has learned a great amount around it but this thing is just hard to drive from stop light to stop light..lol.. wow...
Just so some people know, the tune was spot on, i had fuel pump issues and with the new pump, the car is running incredibly rich which is why it is running like crap.
Sounds good Glenn. I did tell you that if your pump assembly was leaking down fuel pressure (like I suspected) that when you fixed it the car would be pig rich
socalLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #61
wittmer25
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102970
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Waco, TX
Vehicle:
2004 STi gt30r
Black

Default

any track times with this setup?
wittmer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #62
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Woodland Hills
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4+ hybrid STi

Default

I see you have one. Get to the track and get back to us.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #63
wittmer25
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102970
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Waco, TX
Vehicle:
2004 STi gt30r
Black

Default

my time sux a big one: 12.5, 109mph. My 60 foot was 1.7 too. Thats why I was curious what this car can do.
wittmer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #64
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Woodland Hills
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4+ hybrid STi

Default

I have one that I'm putting on this weekend and I hope to have it on the track soon. Do you mind posting up the full time slip? Even with poor driving you should be trapping way higher than that. i trap 112's with my 18G.
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #65
wittmer25
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 102970
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Waco, TX
Vehicle:
2004 STi gt30r
Black

Default

hell, there are stock turbo sti's out there putting up higher trap speeds than mine. I am sure there is either something wrong with my tune or maybe something even mechanical (maybe I am running on 3 cyl...) I will take it to the track again sometime soon and datalog for misfires. My tune is set up to run 24 psi to redline, 12 deg adv at around 4000 ramped up to about 20 deg adv at redline on 93 pump. anyway, I will be looking into it sometime soon.
wittmer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 AM   #66
Infamous1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133692
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In So Cal tuning YOU!!! ;)
Vehicle:
2003 Chevy Z06
Black/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
I have one that I'm putting on this weekend and I hope to have it on the track soon. Do you mind posting up the full time slip? Even with poor driving you should be trapping way higher than that. i trap 112's with my 18G.
Driving has a big role in it as well trust me, my buddies E85 powered 20g ran a best of 14.1 at only 107mph last sat. I have road in, tuned and driven his car and it was WAY faster than my vf39'd LGT that trapped 112mph. Let just say 2.5 60ft's and slow sloppy shifts don't make for good times. I didn't think it could be that bad though....
Infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:30 AM   #67
kellygnsd
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 32669
Join Date: Feb 2003
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Woodland Hills
Vehicle:
2007 2.34LR, EFR7670
LINK G4+ hybrid STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous1 View Post
Driving has a big role in it as well trust me, my buddies E85 powered 20g ran a best of 14.1 at only 107mph last sat. I have road in, tuned and driven his car and it was WAY faster than my vf39'd LGT that trapped 112mph. Let just say 2.5 60ft's and slow sloppy shifts don't make for good times. I didn't think it could be that bad though....
You went to the track last Saturday and you couldn't call nobody. I'm putting you on time out man How did you run BTW?

I may need you to help me get my car running when I finally put all my goodies on it Shamar, Cool??
kellygnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 AM   #68
Boxer112
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 78751
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: San Diego, CA (from NY)
Vehicle:
2017 Sti
ISM

Default

i havent been to the track since im still on stock clutch and it will go any minute now.. once i get the clutch and fuel issues taken care of then i will go.
Boxer112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #69
Infamous1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133692
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In So Cal tuning YOU!!! ;)
Vehicle:
2003 Chevy Z06
Black/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygnsd View Post
You went to the track last Saturday and you couldn't call nobody. I'm putting you on time out man How did you run BTW?

I may need you to help me get my car running when I finally put all my goodies on it Shamar, Cool??
Yeah went up there kind of last minute with a buddy. I wasn't all excited since I wasn't running myself, so I completely forgot to call you It was a nice day just crazy packed and the usual pack of slow scoobies

Oh yeah got your call, I'll hit you back in a bit to see whats up.
Infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #70
Infamous1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 133692
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: In So Cal tuning YOU!!! ;)
Vehicle:
2003 Chevy Z06
Black/Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer112 View Post
i havent been to the track since im still on stock clutch and it will go any minute now.. once i get the clutch and fuel issues taken care of then i will go.
There are 3 track events coming up in May, so get ready!
Infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 AM   #71
socalLGT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89752
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: On the dyno at Yimi Sport
Vehicle:
08 STI
SWP

Default

I'll be out there too in May. Wanted to make this last one, but my 6 puck clutch is crying for its' mommy when the meth is spraying Only had 8K miles too
socalLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another ATP GT35R tuned and not happy - Need help robos4 Built Motor Discussion 33 06-05-2010 06:41 AM
ATP Gt3076,Perrin FMIC,PE850 injectors GT3076STI Engine/Power/Exhaust 13 07-27-2009 04:53 PM
05 Sti Atp Gt3076 Fine Line Imports Proven Power Bragging 3 07-01-2009 09:39 PM
F/S ATP Gt3076 Boxer112 SCIC Private Classifieds 26 02-01-2009 03:40 PM
Mild tune by by John at Precision Tuning Zerogravity Proven Power Bragging 35 03-13-2008 02:24 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.