Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 16, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #26
Plastic Robot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 486551

How thick did you go with the sheet metal for the wing ribs and the uprights?
Plastic Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #27
corona672
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 262902
Vehicle:
'04 WRX Hybrid
It's a wrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Robot View Post
How thick did you go with the sheet metal for the wing ribs and the uprights?
The uprights are 7/16" and the ribs that attach to the uprights are .25" Al 6061 t6. You could get away with thinner uprights probably, especially if lower wing height.

There's no build thread! Just bits and pieces from different projects on the car.

As far as straightline speed before T1, I was down between 1 and 3 mph vs before the aero as I entered the braking zone. I didn't improve much exit speed coming out of T10 before the straight, maybe only a mph or so - this will be a big one to work on. Computers down but I can post some aim data before and after when it decides to work...
corona672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #28
Plastic Robot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 486551

Thank you for all the info! This thread has been very helpful for my own design.

One more question: How did you attach the two outside ribs to the rest of the wing? I see that you used pem nuts to attach the endplates to the ribs, but I don't see how you attached the ribs to the rest of the wing.
Plastic Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #29
corona672
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 262902
Vehicle:
'04 WRX Hybrid
It's a wrap!

Great to hear! Share some pictures when you can.

The outer rib slides over the stingers and I epoxied it to the foam core and on the stingers. The fiberglass ends at the outer edge of the rib so there is more epoxy there. I had the stingers stand about 1.5" proud of the outer rib on either end as shown in the picture which helped with painting/glassing/setup as a holder and then cut them flush after the wing was done. Just the two#8-32 pem nuts for the endplates. You could drill and tap the stingers and install csk screws but not the route I went. This way ended up being very solid.
corona672 is offline   Reply With Quote