Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 26, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #51
subydude
Scooby Guru

Member#: 80649
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 Auto-X RSTi
Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargod View Post
My GR's front caster is 6.9 degrees. Not sure of what all contributed to the caster. The front LCA's are the upgraded ones that Subaru started using in 2011. They have SuperPro semi-rigid spherical bearings that I think add a degree or so and then I run the unobtanium "HVT" GR Camber Plates.
GR's got a lot more caster from the factory than the later GD's. The early GD STi's got about 5ish and you can get over 7 with mods. Then Subaru got cheap and the later (06-07 IIRC) STi's lost the good control arms and went down to around 4 degrees of caster.

I've seen a few GR's in the 8 degree range, although personal opinion is around the 7 degree range is the sweet spot for steering feel and camber gain.
subydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2020, 06:58 PM   #52
pazzoduc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 493859
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX TD Swapped
sorta black-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteZombie View Post
If the strut tower is a little tweaked, it might not be super simple though...

Oh the car is a "little tweaked" alright. But alignment set good and corner balanced. Only the caster setting was off. I'm sure I can do something, just curious if really even needed. Since that last curb impact 50-60 MPH at a 45deg angle or so I did notice during alignment the top strut mount slot bolts are not equal from one side to the other by about 3/8"

I bought the car cheap and beat up. Since then it has been refreshed and beat again a couple of times. Thus IMHO it is a perfect track car. So thats what we are prepping for. Dang COVID parts delays and juggling everything else has slowed us down. Hoping to back in action within a month or so.
pazzoduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #53
WhiteZombie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338863
Vehicle:
PSM 05 WRX WGN 5MT
95 Caprice 6spd Track Rat

Ooooof! Yeah no doubt that strut tower is tweaked then..... I'm sure there are some clever ways to get that degree back if you were keen, as it doesn't take much movement to make up 1 degree, but yeah, probably not that worth it. Just go drive the thing and try not to put the car through any more curb plowing.
WhiteZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:30 PM   #54
pazzoduc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 493859
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX TD Swapped
sorta black-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteZombie View Post
Just go drive the thing and try not to put the car through any more curb plowing.

Tell the foreign born drivers to quit turning right from the left lane! That will help! ROLF Seriously, trying to be as PC as possible here!

Car actually drives very well at least street driving. Track driving will expose any issues, but I suspect will be good to go.
pazzoduc is offline   Reply With Quote