Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
foamingatmouth
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 373257
Default Anyone recognize this 2011 wrx limited, Longmont/ Windsor area

I'm considering purchasing this wrx from a dealer near me that picked this up at auction in Colorado. I'm up in Montana

Based on the carfax I kow its from CO, specifically the Longmont or Windsor area.

I figured someone might know the previous owner so I could get some more info and find out if it was driven on track or driven hard.

Thanks Guys!

http://www.cstatic-images.com/supers.../H1068B/01.jpg
http://www.cstatic-images.com/supers.../H1068B/22.jpg
foamingatmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
foamingatmouth
Scooby Newbie

am I even going to be able to drive through snow with it lowered that much? it comes with the original suspension parts/ wheels as well, any idea on cost to have it put back on by subaru dealer? also if i sell stock wheels, what could expect to get for them, maybe that could help me recoup some of my initial cost.

thanks!
Old 11-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
godfather2112
Papi Chulo

Member#: 53794
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Just make sure it has a good set of all season (lots of tread.) and you will be fine
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
foamingatmouth
Scooby Newbie

Thanks bud

Where do I send the $5. ; )

How much does it look like it's lowered to you? 2 inches? I'm teatering on the edge of buying this Tuesday. It's either this or a Tahoe. Basically what I'm reading is that based on how well the original owner took care of it, I may be buying a ticking time bomb.... I have no desire to drop clutches or hammer through gears....yet.... But am worried previous owners fun and destruction may turn my dream car into my nightmare.

2011 60k limited for 20 grand. I would buy an aftermarket warranty from dealer but would be stretching myself pretty thin with that extra cost.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
godfather2112
Papi Chulo

Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Id shop around more. I bet you can find one with lower miles for even cheaper and stock. If you are worried about the distance and driving it back, negotiate with a dealer to ship it. They have great deals on auto transports. Look country wide.

Here is another thing to think of. Just because its modded, doesnt mean it was abused. Tons of stock wrx's and sti's are beat to hell in stock form. What does the carfax say? Not sure on drop, maybe 2 inches?
Old 11-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
foamingatmouth
Scooby Newbie

The car fax is one owner clean.

I am a little hesitant to buy a car without driving it first. I live in montana and this car happens to be close and from what I can tell is 3 grand below nada value. I figured the price was good, but you see them cheape in your area? How cheep.

Would you buy a warranty for this if you were me or would you feel comfortable with a60k wrx?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
godfather2112
Papi Chulo

Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Is find out the exact mod list, get the vin and contact Subaru and see if they have a service history record. You might be able to purchase an extended warranty from Subaru (which I would recommend over a contracted company).
Old 11-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
godfather2112
Papi Chulo

Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Might want to check this car out. It's 5k more but price is negotiable.... Has less thank 30k miles on it
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2566155