Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday December 13, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-12-2019, 04:35 AM   #1
aust_sti06
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487720
Unhappy Subaru P0171 bank 1

Hi, so Iím new to this forum stuff but Iím trying to figure out what is wrong with my car. Itís a 2006 Subaru Sti, and I have had this code P0171 and 20.1 AFR for the past year at idle WOT an still canít figure it out. I would have taken it to Subaru but it is modified so they most likely wouldnít touch it. There is only one Subaru mechanic in my town an he is booked up for months on cars. This code started about a year ago when I was driving home on the freeway an the car just started stuttering really bad an then I pulled over an it died. Then I got it to start and it started backfiring really bad when I pushed on the gas. Then I turned it off, and restarted it an it was running fine an I drove home. Then one day I was driving it after I thought I fixed it for awhile so I ended up getting a ewg for the screams yanno and it blew up my turbo. Then got a new one. I got a new o2 sensor twice, cleaned the maf, got new spark plugs, cleaned air filter. Ended up replacing tgvs because the intake manifold holes were stripped. When I start the car it starts to warm up an goes straight to 20.1 AFR. If I drive it, it surges and like jerks really hard. Still have the code p0171 an it hasnít gone away since. Car runs like booty. Eventually got a AEM wideband and car still said 20 AFR. I got a base map from a tuner in Portland and reset the Ecu an still have the code. Iím pretty much giving up at this point, I recently fixed a leak right in my heads to my exhaust manifold but donít know if it will change it because Iím too scared to start the car to be disappointed once again. Sorry for the long post

Mods on it:
20g twisted motion turbo
Catless invidia downpour
Catback invidia n1 exhaust
FIC 1000cc injectors
Radium fuel rails with radium DMR
Walbro 450 fuel pump
Perrin turbo inlet
K&N typhoon CAI
Cobb lightweight pully
IAG TGV delete
Tial 40 or 45mm ewg (canít remember)
aust_sti06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
iKhmaiFoSho
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494584

I also have the same code but my issue is not that extreme as the car drives fine and only comes on after 300+ miles plus. I'll be following this thread for more info.
iKhmaiFoSho is offline   Reply With Quote