Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 14, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #1
jjasonlam
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309749
Lightbulb Saw this Forester online and need your help

I am thinking about getting a Forester SJ soon and I came across this car online which I think looks very neat.
Just by looking at the photo, can you guys tell what kinds of mods being done on it?

I took very close look on the rims and I guess they are SSR gtx01.
http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/gtx01.asp
The size should be 18x8.5 since gtx01 doesn't offer 5x100 in 19 inch size.

If the owner of this car happens to be on this forum that will be nice

jjasonlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
BillChuckLarry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242146
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'19 Series Gray WRX
Cool Gray

Looks to me like some upgraded fog lights (or possibly added a fog light kit, if this is a Premium trim level), an aftermarket front lip, de-chromed front grille and (possibly) removed chrome strip on the side rocker panels (these were only on the Touring trim level), some type of crossbeam for the luggage rack, and a lowered suspension, and obviously the set of wheels and presumably tires. Can't really say much more for sure without more pictures.

If you really are interested in the SJ, I would suggest you poke around on SubaruForester.org a bit, you can find some great pictures and info there.

The XT was a great car, I owned a '15 for 3 years. It was a WRX in disguise, IMO!
BillChuckLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
Kickinbeatz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 497677
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium
WRB

Not for anything, but Diode Dynamics has a whole blog about the lighting upgrades they did to this exact Forester. Maybe talk with them if you want to learn more.

Blog link here:L https://www.diodedynamics.com/blog/p...baru_forester/
Kickinbeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
jjasonlam
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309749

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillChuckLarry View Post
Looks to me like some upgraded fog lights (or possibly added a fog light kit, if this is a Premium trim level), an aftermarket front lip, de-chromed front grille and (possibly) removed chrome strip on the side rocker panels (these were only on the Touring trim level), some type of crossbeam for the luggage rack, and a lowered suspension, and obviously the set of wheels and presumably tires. Can't really say much more for sure without more pictures.

If you really are interested in the SJ, I would suggest you poke around on SubaruForester.org a bit, you can find some great pictures and info there.

The XT was a great car, I owned a '15 for 3 years. It was a WRX in disguise, IMO!
Thanks for your input. I think he lowered the car for more than 2 inches front and rear. Not sure about the ride quality but it definitely looks great.

I saw some posts saying that the gas pedal was unresponsive after stopping. Do you experience something similar?
jjasonlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #5
BillChuckLarry
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242146
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'19 Series Gray WRX
Cool Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonlam View Post
Thanks for your input. I think he lowered the car for more than 2 inches front and rear. Not sure about the ride quality but it definitely looks great.

I saw some posts saying that the gas pedal was unresponsive after stopping. Do you experience something similar?
I have never heard or experienced anything like that at all. That certainly doesn't mean that it isn't a real issue, however. Many people will tell you that the CVT transmission is the weak point in these cars. I personally never had any issues with the CVT myself, but I found out that the new owner of my old XT had the transmission replaced under warranty not long after I sold it. The warranty term for these CVTs was extended by Subaru to 10 years or 100K miles, I believe.
BillChuckLarry is offline   Reply With Quote