Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday November 28, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2021, 04:03 PM   #26
neg_matnik
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132389
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF Bay Area
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
You're right. That's a a big problem I have with the looks of the Civic.
I also see that some Civic HBs have a chrome accent from the base of the A pillar almost all the way to the taillight: that makes things even worse, IMO.
They should stick with black (like in the pic of the red HB Sooby-Doode posted).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
neg_matnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #27
JP Chestnut
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 504432
Join Date: Jul 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg_matnik View Post
I also see that some Civic HBs have a chrome accent from the base of the A pillar almost all the way to the taillight: that makes things even worse, IMO.
They should stick with black (like in the pic of the red HB Sooby-Doode posted).
Agreed. The chrome window trim was the worst part of the SI 10th gens as well

Black on the CTR:

Looks fine.

Chrome on the SI:

Yuck.

Wrapped looks a million times better
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:20 PM   #28
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

I have never actually cared either way about the chrome strip. I think all blacked out looks kind of cheap and economy car roots, but too much chrome looks too.... buick.

but nothing I have seen on the civic it too much or too little.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #29
heavyD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 194216
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vehicle:
2020 X3M Competition

Default

I hate all chrome even badges. Chrome is a relic from the 60's and 70's that should die.
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:47 PM   #30
JP Chestnut
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 504432
Join Date: Jul 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

The problem on the civic isn’t the chrome it’s a mix of chrome and black
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 06:02 PM   #31
VarmintCong
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379605
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peabody, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Civic Sport
2012 Outback 2.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
It's just going to be a Civic dudes. A fancy Civic.

The only hope is they throw SH-AWD in it and offer it in a manual transmission. Then charge a premium over the Hype R. Unless that is the specific recipe I see no point.
I think a 6mT AWD is even less likely than AWD.

But I do think a 300 hp SH-AWD Integra 5 door would sell a lot of units. Probably outsell the Type R.
VarmintCong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 06:53 PM   #32
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
18 Highlander
Yami XSR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg_matnik View Post
No C pillar (or "invisible" C pillar), unlike the Civic HB. Makes a pretty big difference. Not too shabby.
we'll see what the bean counters have to say about that. TLX renderings had a hidden c pillar, but the actual car has one.

I think it's going to end up being a tarted up civic hatchback. fwd and all.

Last edited by dwf137; 09-29-2021 at 07:18 PM.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:42 PM   #33
neg_matnik
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 132389
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF Bay Area
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
[...]TLX renderings had a hidden c pillar, but the actual car has one.[...]
Bummer.
neg_matnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:59 PM   #34
Pre
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 139693
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post
I think a 6mT AWD is even less likely than AWD.

But I do think a 300 hp SH-AWD Integra 5 door would sell a lot of units. Probably outsell the Type R.
90% Fail Wheel Drive. 90% a tarted up “luxury” Civic 5 door.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:40 PM   #35
VarmintCong
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379605
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peabody, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Civic Sport
2012 Outback 2.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
90% Fail Wheel Drive. 90% a tarted up “luxury” Civic 5 door.
If it's got an LSD and 6mT I'll buy one. Once you have a turbo even a tiny one you need an LSD in a FWD car.

Love my Si, every time I shift a gear I'm glad I didn't get a WRX with it's crunchy gearbox. Subaru needs to stop putting that crap in a $30k+ car.
VarmintCong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:12 PM   #36
cbk57
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 438759
Join Date: Jan 2016
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
Charcoal Grey

Default

The photos they are showing are really attractive so far. I would expect this is based upon the civic, but we will see what they come out with, I actually think there is some importance that it be a hybrid more so than 300 hp. A great looking 5 door hatch could get my attention.
cbk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #37
JP Chestnut
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 504432
Join Date: Jul 2019
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post
If it's got an LSD and 6mT I'll buy one. Once you have a turbo even a tiny one you need an LSD in a FWD car.

Love my Si, every time I shift a gear I'm glad I didn't get a WRX with it's crunchy gearbox. Subaru needs to stop putting that crap in a $30k+ car.
Somebody in here claimed that they’ve driven every exotic in the world and that the WRX’s manual is just as good as any of them. Such bull****.

I was shocked how bad the transmission was on the 2020 WRX PP I drove.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:30 PM   #38
chanomatik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

Default

For real? You don't even have to go exotic just to know that the WRX transmission is awful. Just go STI or BRZ.

It'll be nice seeing the Integra on the road. We need more variety.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:26 AM   #39
Scooby-Doode
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28976
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ANE Where
Vehicle:
2016 Step 2 Push
Buggy GT

Default

Some information has been leaked, now taken down, apparently from a focus group/research firm.

Base trim Integra will use the 1.5T and it seems a 6MT is likely on the plate. Base price just above the Honda Civic Touring trim package.

So essentially the base Integra will have the Honda Civic Si drivetrain, with a nominal increase in HP. Specs likely 1.5T, 6MT, LSD, 210-215HP with Acura exterior/interior styling. Starting price $30-33K USD.

2.0T likely reserved for the Type S variant.

Last edited by Scooby-Doode; 10-01-2021 at 08:33 AM.
Scooby-Doode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:47 AM   #40
SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 873
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: www.testdrivemylife.com
Vehicle:
2020 JEEP / Ascent
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Default

^^^^^ all of that sounds great if they focused on fun to drive. they have to beat the GTI.

THAT is no easy task.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #41
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
08 Impreza,80Vette
68 Impala, 15 SantaFe

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby-Doode View Post
Some information has been leaked, now taken down, apparently from a focus group/research firm.

Base trim Integra will use the 1.5T and it seems a 6MT is likely on the plate. Base price just above the Honda Civic Touring trim package.

So essentially the base Integra will have the Honda Civic Si drivetrain, with a nominal increase in HP. Specs likely 1.5T, 6MT, LSD, 210-215HP with Acura exterior/interior styling. Starting price $30-33K USD.

2.0T likely reserved for the Type S variant.
The 1.5T does start at 180 HP so they could start where the Civic Touring leaves off with that engine but maybe pair it with the DCT from the ILX. Hope for a MT but not holding my breath on that. The Si power with 200+ HP would be a nice starting point.
subyski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #42
Scooby-Doode
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 28976
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ANE Where
Vehicle:
2016 Step 2 Push
Buggy GT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyski View Post
The 1.5T does start at 180 HP so they could start where the Civic Touring leaves off with that engine but maybe pair it with the DCT from the ILX. Hope for a MT but not holding my breath on that. The Si power with 200+ HP would be a nice starting point.
Likely two trims.

Base Trim (with A-Spec package optional)
1.5T 210-215HP, 6MT (10AT), LSD

Type S Trim
2.0T, 250-270HP, likely 10AT only (6MT unlikely as it will be too close to the CTR), LSD
Scooby-Doode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:02 PM   #43
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
18 Highlander
Yami XSR

Default

Acura lost manual transmissions 6 years ago. I do not see them bringing one back for this car when the Type R exists as a Honda. Acura is their "premium" brand and can't be made plebian by putting a manual transmission in it, it would hurt the brand image. (kinda sarcastic, but kinda serious at the same time).

this will be an auto only civic reincarnation that may come with a detuned civic type r engine, but I don't think they're going to step on the type R's toes. This is going to be the the GT version of the Type R. A little slower, automatic transmission, bells and whistles, but otherwise a boring psuedo status symbol. Would love to be proved wrong, but the shared rendering image doesn't have me convinced otherwise.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:36 PM   #44
subyski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 202642
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Vehicle:
08 Impreza,80Vette
68 Impala, 15 SantaFe

Default

I don't think they will bring back a MT either. The premium/luxury segment has abandoned them outside of the high priced performance versions.
subyski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:51 PM   #45
bemani
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 5673
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Folsom, CA
Vehicle:
05 LGT, 02 WRX
Hellcat CTR LC500

Default

If they offer an auto it would be a step-up from the Civic CVT.
bemani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #46
VarmintCong
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379605
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peabody, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Civic Sport
2012 Outback 2.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf137 View Post
Acura lost manual transmissions 6 years ago. I do not see them bringing one back for this car when the Type R exists as a Honda. Acura is their "premium" brand and can't be made plebian by putting a manual transmission in it, it would hurt the brand image. (kinda sarcastic, but kinda serious at the same time).

this will be an auto only civic reincarnation that may come with a detuned civic type r engine, but I don't think they're going to step on the type R's toes. This is going to be the the GT version of the Type R. A little slower, automatic transmission, bells and whistles, but otherwise a boring psuedo status symbol. Would love to be proved wrong, but the shared rendering image doesn't have me convinced otherwise.
True if Acura is going for status quo - if they're trying to bring back excitement and younger buyers to Acura, they might offer a manual.
VarmintCong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #47
dwf137
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 161333
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle
Vehicle:
18 Highlander
Yami XSR

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post
True if Acura is going for status quo - if they're trying to bring back excitement and younger buyers to Acura, they might offer a manual.
I have zero hope. Especially if it's going to look like this...



I think they're just going to end up axing the ILX and will start calling it the Integra to try to appeal to all of the kids who grew up lusting after an integra.
dwf137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:52 PM   #48
Straight6
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 419593
Join Date: Apr 2015
Default

Ooof it is getting the 1.5T ewww no thanks.
Straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #49
AVANTI R5
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 73805
Join Date: Nov 2004
Default

Looks big in that photo above. We got the new Si 1.5 sooo shrug..
AVANTI R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:34 PM   #50
VarmintCong
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 379605
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Peabody, MA
Vehicle:
2017 Civic Sport
2012 Outback 2.5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight6 View Post
Ooof it is getting the 1.5T ewww no thanks.
Insiders are saying it's a base 1.5T and Type S w/ 2.0T, and one or both offered with 6mT.

The marketing information which was pulled also said 6mT base model with Si drivetrain and A-spec trim available for $33k.
VarmintCong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.