Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 4, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-19-2021, 12:36 AM   #1
DrHarter
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513053
Default 2015 WRX with large FKL and DAM of .75

Hello Everyone,
First - thanks for your info and experience. I have been lurking on here for a couple years and never really had anything to contribute.

I have had my '15 WRX for about 2 years now and decided it was time to start working on having a little more fun.
Right now, there's very little in the way of "mods" that affect performance. Just a normal air filter, mishimoto radiator (factory was getting brittle) and AP.
I booted up the Stage 1 OTS tune, and it was great! I could totally feel it took off better and no more falling on its face mid-rpm.

After a couple of days, it had a hesitation. After some reading on here, I swapped up my monitors and have IAT, oil temp, FKL, boost, fuel press, AFR. Seems to cover most basis to see what was going on.
I noticed the FKL going to -4.4. It didn't seem to be going too low on AFRs, it wasn't overboosting, etc.
On my way back from SoCal Subie Fest, I noticed that hesitation was even worse. Now it's -5.6.

I'll admit to experimenting with low ethanol levels (~2 gal of E85 for a full tank of 91). I did this for ~ 3 tanks now and will likely stop in case it is throwing something off, but from basic research, this is somewhere around E15-20 at those proportions.
PhatBotti E85 Testing

I'll apologize for the newbie question, but anyone have ideas on what to do?

Because I've done enough reading on here to know, I am planning on getting real tunes, but I haven't truly modified anything yet.
Also, I do have logs. I posted them on Drive, let me know if this link works or if there is a better way to do this - Drive Link

If anyone wants to know my long term (performance) plans (in a rough order) -
Mishimoto intake
3 port EBCS
Flex Fuel
AEM 340lph pump
Mishimoto J pipe
Factory catback - with cutout after cat. Noise + power, with a switch.

Control / Handling -
1" lift - Done (I end up in dirt a lot)
Powerstop D&S rotors all around - Done
Front strut tower brace - Done
Whiteline swaybars and links - soon?

Cosmetic stuff is for last.

I had the whole charge pipe/ intercooler/ header planned, but I don't want to make resetting to smog legal THAT hard on myself. I can unplug the flex fuel and bypass the EBCS, swap J pipes and reflash to factory probably in an easy afternoon.

If anyone has comments about the current issue or future plans, I'd welcome additional info.

Update - Got a new air filter as I read it could be that, no change.
Update 2 - DAM is now showing .625 and I saw a spike in FKL of ~-7. That hesitation is VERY noticeable.

Last edited by DrHarter; 10-21-2021 at 01:22 AM.
DrHarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links