Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
upperguy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 85676
Thumbs up 3M Carbon fiber wrap

Firstly: Yes this is a vinyl foil wrap and it is not real carbon fiber, it is however fully textured and comes the closest I've seen to looking like real dry weave carbon. There are a number of other materials similar but nothing comes close to the real deal 3M stuff.

So I know that there has been a lot of potential interest in this new 3M carbon fiber wrap, so I decided to bite the bullet and order a roll! Before certain people start hating on this stuff you should know, it is very similar to the stuff they are wrapping some new cars in!(new M3 for example). So I did a bunch of research and got in touch with a few contacts I haven't talked to in a while and found a roll The Roll is 48" tall and I can cut to almost any length you desire. For wider projects a skilled hand can overlap a cm and you would be hard pressed to tell

This stuff is absolutely incredible, having worked with the real carbon fiber in the past I can say honestly this is the closest you can come for a fraction of the cost. No it will not make your car lighter, but for the price of a JCW carbon fiber dash you can do your entire interior trim pieces and the roof!

The best part about this stuff though is that it is able to be thermoformed(heat wrapped) and uses 3M's special adhesive that makes it much less prone to bubbling, meaning it's much easier for inexperienced hands to apply.

Here is it:

[

I also don't want to step on any toes, I know their has been talk about this stuff before but I also know that a lot of stuff gets brought up and never goes anywhere. My roll should arrive on the 30th and will get shipped immediately from that point on

Last edited by Audiosavvy; 07-22-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: unauthorized vending is not allowed
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
freetors
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 195982
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
white

that interior looks bad ass dude. me likey
Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Audiosavvy
Scooby Guru

Member#: 150794
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
Qcab dakota 4x4
LT1 Formula Firebird

If you want to sell your wares here, you need to be an authorized vendor. If you're interested in becoming one, email [email protected] or PM Matt A. Until then, please do not vend.
Closed Thread