Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 13, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #376
BHOD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463264
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2018 WRX sport, 6MT
crystal BLACK silica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnXfreeride View Post
No issues with my perrin shift stop so im assuming its the right one.

Shift stop made much more of a difference in feel. I do have the STI short throw though if that matters.
You may have the older shifter stop since it works properly with the short throw shifter
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...n-shifter-stop
Quote:
NOTE: This part is for a 2018 WRX with the factory short shifter option installed, PER1 PSP-INR-019 will be the correct shifter stop for a 2018 WRX with the standard shifter installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnXfreeride View Post
Installed shifter bushing today.. really not a big deal.. used ramps and had enough space. Removing the old bushing is the only pain.. instructions say to stick a screwdriver in and twist.. but really you need to stick it in and move up and down to wedge it out.

Shifter bushing before and after... didn't really notice. Maybe crisper feel?..but for the price.. and if you are comfortable getting your car up enough to get under Id say go for it.. do it during that first oil change. My stock rubber bushing had 600 miles on it.. its probably more noticible against a 2015+ WRX with 50000 miles of shifts.
I am going to paint my calipers in a few days. (My 2016WRX had their calipers brown and rusty after the first winter).
If "axle stands"(?) get the car up enough...
Else I have a friend with a pit in his garage

Thanks for your answer
BHOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2018, 06:53 PM   #377
heatwave
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 124407
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

I just picked up my STi. It came in last night and rushed out of work. Actually I ditched a meeting because I had an “emergency”. Once I get home I will write up my impressions
heatwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #378
LeMikeJames
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 460881
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
Silver

^i like it! Post pics too if U can.
LeMikeJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #379
heatwave
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMikeJames View Post
^i like it! Post pics too if U can.
Pictures will come tomorrow or friday once i upload them to imgur. Coming from a 2015 XT to the STi there are a few things that I need to get used to. The layout is almost the same so that's good.

Lets start with the negatives. The HK system in the STi is much worse than the XT. The car has about half the bass as the XT. This could be due to the XT having bass produced mostly by the door speakers as it didnt have a dedicated subwoofer. It's still better than the base model but it's a tough call on whether it's worth it or not. Second negative, something I never thought i would say, its a tad loud when going through the neighborhood while hovering around 1300-1500 rpm. Cold start...sorry neighbors.

There are many positives. The one huge difference between the 2018 and 2019 i noticed is no exhaust drone noise while cruising highway speeds. Honestly it almost sounds like being back in the XT. That's a major win for me since I will have 2 small kids in the back seat. The short throw shifter is so nice and smooth. I used to have a 5-speed Baja and it was clunky compared to this one. I actually love the hill hold assist. I felt like i would hate it but gave it a try and it eliminates that panic of rolling back. At first it took me a few tries to get used to it since i was expecting roll back.

The ride is smooth and seats are much more comfortable in terms of support. Like many others have said, the base on the WRX/STi is a bit firm but the upper Recaro is just right. Steering response is a dream. Once again, coming from a Forester it's a bit of a change in regards to performance so that's an obvious.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:55 AM   #380
thenoodler
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 162052

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave View Post
Pictures will come tomorrow or friday once i upload them to imgur. Coming from a 2015 XT to the STi there are a few things that I need to get used to. The layout is almost the same so that's good.

Lets start with the negatives. The HK system in the STi is much worse than the XT. The car has about half the bass as the XT. This could be due to the XT having bass produced mostly by the door speakers as it didnt have a dedicated subwoofer. It's still better than the base model but it's a tough call on whether it's worth it or not. Second negative, something I never thought i would say, its a tad loud when going through the neighborhood while hovering around 1300-1500 rpm. Cold start...sorry neighbors.

There are many positives. The one huge difference between the 2018 and 2019 i noticed is no exhaust drone noise while cruising highway speeds. Honestly it almost sounds like being back in the XT. That's a major win for me since I will have 2 small kids in the back seat. The short throw shifter is so nice and smooth. I used to have a 5-speed Baja and it was clunky compared to this one. I actually love the hill hold assist. I felt like i would hate it but gave it a try and it eliminates that panic of rolling back. At first it took me a few tries to get used to it since i was expecting roll back.

The ride is smooth and seats are much more comfortable in terms of support. Like many others have said, the base on the WRX/STi is a bit firm but the upper Recaro is just right. Steering response is a dream. Once again, coming from a Forester it's a bit of a change in regards to performance so that's an obvious.
I don’t know about the hill assist. Today I was sitting almost flat at a stoplight, and when the light changed I went to take off and the car just stood still for a second. It caused me to disengage the clutch and rev the engine a bit to get it moving.
If there is a way to disable it I might be doing that.
thenoodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #381
Osborne
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489027

Ordered my WRX limited CVT July 28th.. Just got an email with the VIN last night. Initially the delivery was the end of September, now its saying on or before 9/13/2018.

EDIT: Just got the email last night it's just now being loaded onto a train.
Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #382
MagicDoorHinge
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481354
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodler View Post
I don’t know about the hill assist. Today I was sitting almost flat at a stoplight, and when the light changed I went to take off and the car just stood still for a second. It caused me to disengage the clutch and rev the engine a bit to get it moving.
If there is a way to disable it I might be doing that.
Same here. I gave HSA a fair go--used it for a week and a half before I finally got sick of it. I looked up a youtube video on how to turn it off and I couldn't repeat it for you if I tried. It's something like turn the car on while holding the traction control button for like 30 seconds or a minute or something until something on the dash flashes, then you press traction control again and the "no hill start assist" light comes on. Don't take my word for it though, just google it.
MagicDoorHinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #383
wuzero
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487556
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STi

I disabled hill assist on the first day. It just felt like it was getting in my way. Might be nice for drivers who are newer to stick shift I suppose.

To disable it -> turn the car on -> put your car in neutral -> ebrake on if you're going roll -> press and hold the traction button until both of the little traction lights turn off. One will turn off quickly, the other takes much longer, around 30 sec like doorhinge says. As soon as the second light turns off, release the traction button and then push it again. You should see the hill assist light blink in the bottom right of your dash. Turn the car off, then back on. You should now see the little hill assist light permanently on.
wuzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #384
BHOD
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 463264
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2018 WRX sport, 6MT
crystal BLACK silica

It's in the manual
7-52 Starting and operating/Hill start assist system...

BHOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:43 AM   #385
Fourskim
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488940

So excite. My first sti is about to start its journey to seattle! Ordered on the 28th of July and took about 3 weeks for any updates so excite.
Fourskim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #386
Subidoo19
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487386
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
WR Blue Pearl

My WRX came in early! Almost two weeks early. I picked it up from the dealership yesterday. It was a long wait, but totally worth it. I drove off the lot with only 5.6 miles on the odometer. I haven't been able to drive it much, but so far it's amazing! I'll try to post some pics this weekend if I get a chance.

Update for my whole timeline:
-6/12/18 - Ordered car, received an email from Subaru confirming my order and containing my VON later that night. ETA: Last week of August.
-7/17/18 - Received email from Subaru containing my VIN and saying to go sign up for a MySubaru account using my VIN. New ETA: On or before 9/4/18.
-8/7/18 - Received email from Subaru saying that my car was getting loaded on a train to make its way to the regional distribution center. New ETA: On or before 9/3/18.
-8/15/18 - Received email from Subaru saying that my car arrived at the regional distribution center and that it would be loaded on a truck in the next few days to be delivered to the dealership. Same ETA: On or before 9/3/18.
-8/21/18 - Got a call from the dealership saying that my car had just arrived.

Hopefully the timeline will help give others some reference points as they wait for their cars to come in.

Last edited by Subidoo19; 08-24-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Subidoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #387
TifosiWA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489993
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI LTD
Pure Red

Greetings from a new member and soon to be first time Subaru owner. I am located in the Pacific NW.

My ordering experience is:
06/02/18: Ordered and confirmation email from SOA. ETA: Last week of September.
08/08/18: VIN received. ETA: 09/07/18 or before.
08/22/18: Vehicle is on its way to the dealership. ETA: Last week of August.
08/24/18: Dealership calls and the car is being unloaded off the truck as we speak.

Stopped in yesterday to start all of the paperwork and to finalize trade-in details. In a typical fashion, got a lowball offer from the sales manager as my car is "Not that desirable" due to varies reasons etc. What is atypical to me is that 30 minutes later, another sales manager asked for my key and is on his cell, calling his wife about buying my car for her/himself. He had to inform the wife that the car is not yet theirs, and that she will have to wait one more day for it. *LOL*

I will be picking up my new car later today with my son. Looking forward to learning new things on the forum and from the fellow auto enthusiasts here.
TifosiWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #388
Fourskim
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifosiWA View Post
Greetings from a new member and soon to be first time Subaru owner. I am located in the Pacific NW.

My ordering experience is:
06/02/18: Ordered and confirmation email from SOA. ETA: Last week of September.
08/08/18: VIN received. ETA: 09/07/18 or before.
08/22/18: Vehicle is on its way to the dealership. ETA: Last week of August.
08/24/18: Dealership calls and the car is being unloaded off the truck as we speak.

Stopped in yesterday to start all of the paperwork and to finalize trade-in details. In a typical fashion, got a lowball offer from the sales manager as my car is "Not that desirable" due to varies reasons etc. What is atypical to me is that 30 minutes later, another sales manager asked for my key and is on his cell, calling his wife about buying my car for her/himself. He had to inform the wife that the car is not yet theirs, and that she will have to wait one more day for it. *LOL*

I will be picking up my new car later today with my son. Looking forward to learning new things on the forum and from the fellow auto enthusiasts here.
Which dealership are you getting yours at and where in the PNW are you? I'm in the Seattle area
Old 08-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #389
TifosiWA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 489993
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX STI LTD
Pure Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourskim View Post
Which dealership are you getting yours at and where in the PNW are you? I'm in the Seattle area
I don't think it will be right for me disclose the dealership as I think I should respect the sales manager's privacy.

I am in the Seattle area as well. As a reference point, if your latest email from SOA clearly states that the vehicle is on its way to your dealership and mentioning it by name, then I think it is clearing the customs and you should expect it to arrive in a couple of days. However, if it only telling you that it is "coming to life" and providing you a VIN, then I think you may have another couple of weeks to go.
TifosiWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:57 PM   #390
Jettrock
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 481615

Going to the dealer on Monday to talk ...
Jettrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:07 AM   #391
Fahrenheit85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488754
Forester

Ordered my '19 Limited WRX on 07/16/2018, got my "coming to life" email Aug 23. They are projecting 9/28/2018 for delivery. Went ahead and signed up for My Subaru thing with my VIN. I'm not in a rush to get my car or anything but sooner the better since i'm so excited. When I get an email about it being on the truck or whatever i'm gonna call my dealer again to make sure they know not to wash the car and to leave all the plastic on it from factory.

Got these stack of parts sitting in my garage waiting on the car. My girl is making fun of me so much.
Fahrenheit85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:41 AM   #392
Fourskim
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
I don't think it will be right for me disclose the dealership as I think I should respect the sales manager's privacy.

I am in the Seattle area as well. As a reference point, if your latest email from SOA clearly states that the vehicle is on its way to your dealership and mentioning it by name, then I think it is clearing the customs and you should expect it to arrive in a couple of days. However, if it only telling you that it is "coming to life" and providing you a VIN, then I think you may have another couple of weeks to go.
Ah that's respectable. I glazed over those details and was more excited about if we got the cars at the same dealership ha ha. Maybe we'll run into each other.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:19 AM   #393
heatwave
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Default The 2019 WRX/STI Orders and Waiting Thread

Here she is at the dealer. More to come later. Got tint and type RA red stripe on front and rear bumpers.

Last edited by heatwave; 08-26-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #394
heatwave
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

One thing I am a bit disappointed with is the headlight coverage. The LEDs are not as good as the HIDs I had on the forester. The light seems to disperse too much while the HIDs lit up the road very well. To me these just seem like your classic halogens with a bright white light. This car could use fog lights for sure.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #395
clenden
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 472640
Default radio "feature"

Has anyone figured out how to prevent the radio on 2019s from turning on when shutting off the car and on subsequent restart? For context, this is with Apple Carplay connected via usb.

Currently, I have the default radio set to SiriusXM on channel 0 and that's been solving the issue, but I don't listen to it and am not willing to renew the trial just for a work-around to this infotainment "feature."
clenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #396
heatwave
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by clenden View Post
Has anyone figured out how to prevent the radio on 2019s from turning on when shutting off the car and on subsequent restart? For context, this is with Apple Carplay connected via usb.

Currently, I have the default radio set to SiriusXM on channel 0 and that's been solving the issue, but I don't listen to it and am not willing to renew the trial just for a work-around to this infotainment "feature."
I am trying to figure this out as well. It’s annoying and spooks me sometimes. I’m looking through the manual and still haven’t found it.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #397
hippiegrinder
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 486900

Quote:
Here she is at the dealer. More to come later. Got tint and type RA red stripe on front and rear bumpers.
Looks great. My base WRB STI is coming in this week!
hippiegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #398
Fahrenheit85
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488754

So I have my '19 limited on ordered and I just noticed on the Subaru website you can still select fog lights as an option on the limited. I thought the Limited came with LED fog lamps so I didn't add them as an option. Am I wrong?

Also I have the auto dimming mirror option selected but not the home link one. Is the wiring the same between the two? If after the fact I order the home link mirror can I just swap it out and have it be plug and play?
Fahrenheit85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #399
thenoodler
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
I am trying to figure this out as well. It’s annoying and spooks me sometimes. I’m looking through the manual and still haven’t found it.
Ha ha, yeah, the other day when I started my car to take my kid to kindergarten, Howard Stern was on talking about his ****. I pressed the the mute button on the steering wheel, but it didn’t turn off. I had to do it a few more times before it finally shut off.
I wish it would stay off when you turn the radio off when exiting the car.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:15 PM   #400
thenoodler
Scooby Newbie

Quote:

Maybe it’s different in my location because there are probably 8-9 dealerships in the greater area, but I just did a dealer inventory search at all the locations, found the car I wanted, 2019 Sti base in WRB, and walked in and brought it home the same day. I had to take a few “extra options” I wasn’t looking for, but it beats ordering and waiting.