Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-02-2001, 01:32 AM   #1
noHondas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4580
Question quest for my own 22B

i posted this in newbie&faqs but haven't gotten a response so i thought i'd try here. anyway, is the 2.2 liter engine in the Lseries the same block used in the 22B. i'm really considering buying a 2.2 and turbo-ing it. also if anybody has any experience or links to websites or any information on turbo-ing a 2.2 liter... please share the knowledge =)
noHondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2001, 01:49 AM   #2
DEVO-2nd GEN
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3869
Vehicle:

"The engine was bored out to 2.2 litres, retaining the same stroke as the stock 2.0 litre engine." - www.22b.com, introduction.

might help if you just go visit the site
good luck with your turbo.
get an old EJ20 from previous WRX might be a better start.
DEVO-2nd GEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 10:37 AM   #3
JulianH
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2035
The 22B engine is a bored out STi type RA engine. It's *not* the same as the legacy turbo engine, or the "standard" WRX engine. That said, I think that the closest the average person might be able to get is to install the BPM stroker kit into the appropriate EJ20... don't know if the standard WRX engine would work, might need the Type RA engine also. Check with BPM, as it may work with the engine coming on the new WRX. To have something close to the 22B engine, you would probably also need to have some head work done to improve flow and increase the rev-limit capacity of the valve train. All in all, an expensive proposition. I think that the likelyhood of finding an actual 22B engine is slim to nill.

JulianH

edit-spelling

[This message has been edited by JulianH (edited March 02, 2001).]
JulianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 10:46 AM   #4
ASR
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1945
We can build you a EJ20 or EJ22 with our 2.4 liter stroker kit. This will surely give you more torque and power than either one. We readily have access to the closed deck EJ20 and EJ22 blocks. The 2.4 stroker kit will make more power than anything out there.
ASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 11:04 AM   #5
noHondas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4580
thanks all
noHondas is offline   Reply With Quote