Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 18, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #3501
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479690
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlin View Post
Let me guess, limited model and possibly cvt?


Limited STI.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Stubb063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #3502
Mr. Projekt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 240189
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
Nice!

Iíve still heard nothing.

I feel like the 32 year old single guy watching all his friends get married.

You guys are still going to talk to me after youíre all settled down, right? We can still hang out once in a while?

Please?



I havent gotten mine either if it makes you feel better. I'm just over here watching WRX videos and making a color coded spreadsheet w/ mods I want to do and in what order.
Mr. Projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #3503
RussianTiny
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 387467
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Rochester NY
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Limited
WRB Stage 2 FlexFuel

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Projekt View Post




I havent gotten mine either if it makes you feel better. I'm just over here watching WRX videos and making a color coded spreadsheet w/ mods I want to do and in what order.


Thatís what I did when I waited months for my 18. Also itís not a bad idea to make friends with the tuner youíll use and ask him for input on parts and ďstagesĒ for your performance stuff. I found the order of parts is much difference for this platform than what I was used to.
RussianTiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #3504
Mr. Projekt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 240189
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianTiny View Post
Thatís what I did when I waited months for my 18. Also itís not a bad idea to make friends with the tuner youíll use and ask him for input on parts and ďstagesĒ for your performance stuff. I found the order of parts is much difference for this platform than what I was used to.
oh i'm sure when that time comes, I will!

but for the first 36k miles, the car wont get more than a catback exhaust and a perrin drop in filter for performance.

I'm not going to do anything that will void my warranty....

BUT, that means I get 3 years to do all the other stuff / accessories
Mr. Projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:06 PM   #3505
MarcWinkman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479018
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Delaware
Vehicle:
2018 STi Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Right on about 24 hours until I pick up my STI!
MarcWinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #3506
brian_freep
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 193433
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default

My white TypeRA arrives in April. No VIN, but I do have a VON.

Thank you, Subaru of Sherman Oaks
brian_freep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:39 PM   #3507
Jmlin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481335
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_freep View Post
My white TypeRA arrives in April. No VIN, but I do have a VON.

Thank you, Subaru of Sherman Oaks
What did you end up getting the RA for?
Jmlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:45 AM   #3508
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479690
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

I HAVE A VIN!!!!!

Unfortunately, my delivery date is still way out on March 26th.

That usually pretty accurate once the VIN is in place, or is there still a chance it comes earlier?
Stubb063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:48 AM   #3509
Tyleem111
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480865
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
I HAVE A VIN!!!!!

Unfortunately, my delivery date is still way out on March 26th.

That usually pretty accurate once the VIN is in place, or is there still a chance it comes earlier?
I received an email from SOA with a VIN that said delivery of 3/13. I emailed the dealer inquiring about the status and they showed a delivery of 3/6. So it seems the dealer side has different ETAís than what SOA gives. Maybe they include a buffer?
Tyleem111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:53 AM   #3510
maxeman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 409078
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI Limited
CWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
I HAVE A VIN!!!!!

Unfortunately, my delivery date is still way out on March 26th.

That usually pretty accurate once the VIN is in place, or is there still a chance it comes earlier?


Yes!!!!! Congrats man!!! So my eta as of the 21st was March 2nd. But then it just showed up the next day the 22nd so a week early.

Also man we will have to meet up and cruise sometime. You are in Pittsburgh too correct?
maxeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #3511
Red Bandit
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 421114
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Nashville, TN
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
Red

Default

2018 WRX STI Red Limited (Lip Spoiler no other options)

Ordered 12/30/18
Original ETA End of March
VIN Received 2/8/18
New ETA of 3/13/18
ETA from Train was 3/12/18
2/25/18 Got an email saying it was on a truck, but still 3/12/18
Dealer called me yesterday (2/27/18) and said it had arrived!

Of course I am out of town until 3/10 . . .

Ended up being about a month early from the original estimate for me.
Red Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:19 AM   #3512
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479690
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeman View Post
Yes!!!!! Congrats man!!! So my eta as of the 21st was March 2nd. But then it just showed up the next day the 22nd so a week early.

Also man we will have to meet up and cruise sometime. You are in Pittsburgh too correct?
So there's still hope!

Next question, anyone get an error when creating a new MySubaru account that their VIN wasn't able to be validated? Does it take a few days to maybe get into their system or something?

And finally, when I try and click on the link in the email for cis.subaru.com, it just times out and the page won't load.
Stubb063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #3513
Tyleem111
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480865
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
So there's still hope!

Next question, anyone get an error when creating a new MySubaru account that their VIN wasn't able to be validated? Does it take a few days to maybe get into their system or something?

And finally, when I try and click on the link in the email for cis.subaru.com, it just times out and the page won't load.
Yes, I had the same problem. It took a few days until MySubaru accepted the VIN. I didnít find the MySubaru that helpful, it didnít contain any more info than the emails. I also had the problem with the link, so I just google searched to typed in the address.
Tyleem111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:37 PM   #3514
Jmlin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481335
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyleem111 View Post
Yes, I had the same problem. It took a few days until MySubaru accepted the VIN. I didnít find the MySubaru that helpful, it didnít contain any more info than the emails. I also had the problem with the link, so I just google searched to typed in the address.
My dealer setup there email for SOA so they get the updates and not me. They probably aren't consistently checking email like i am. If i have a vin how to i create a my subaru to track the information?
Jmlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #3515
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479690
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyleem111 View Post
Yes, I had the same problem. It took a few days until MySubaru accepted the VIN. I didnít find the MySubaru that helpful, it didnít contain any more info than the emails. I also had the problem with the link, so I just google searched to typed in the address.
According to the email with my VIN, registering with MySubaru should get you more detailed emails throughout the delivery process. The email has the line:

"You can use your VIN to create or update your MySubaru.com account. Follow this link to personalize a site for your new WRX. This will give you access to your new vehicle order updates, inside information, event calendars, and more."

So, you'd think that registering would give you more updates...but I'm not confident that's actually the case.
Stubb063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #3516
Eyesoftheworld
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 264451
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2018 STi Limited
CWP

Default

Ordered on 1/6 and got the VON email that night. No updates since, but the ETA has moved up from end of April to end of March. From what I'm seeing lately in this thread though, people who ordered in December are getting them soonish, which leads me to believe I might be the next "batch".

SoA has my email and I'm getting updates directly, curious when I'll see the VIN as that seems to be the clue that you'll get it "soon".
Eyesoftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #3517
MarcWinkman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479018
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Delaware
Vehicle:
2018 STi Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
I HAVE A VIN!!!!!

Unfortunately, my delivery date is still way out on March 26th.

That usually pretty accurate once the VIN is in place, or is there still a chance it comes earlier?
When I got my VIN e-mail, it said delivery estimate March 12. I go the call from my dealer that the car had arrived on Feb 23. I'm dipping out of work a little early this afternoon to pick her up now that I have some a little break in my schedule.
MarcWinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #3518
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479690
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Emailed my dealer and told him I got my VIN and that my delivery date was showing as 3/26.

He responded and said it's actually showing as 3/19 on his end.

Why in the hell we'd be showing different dates is beyond me (maybe they give the customer a later date to give the dealer time to inspect and prep the car? I dunno).
Stubb063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #3519
MarcWinkman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479018
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Delaware
Vehicle:
2018 STi Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Default

Well, I took delivery of my CWP STI Limited last night. I haven't had much opportunity to drive it much, but my 3 mile drive from the dealer to my house and this morning on my 18 mile drive into work this morning on the I-95, I really like it. It is a little noisier than my S4, but it seems more eager to get up and go, probably a byproduct of being about 500 lbs. lighter. Now I just need to crack how to upload some pictures here.
MarcWinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:47 AM   #3520
Tyleem111
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480865
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb063 View Post
According to the email with my VIN, registering with MySubaru should get you more detailed emails throughout the delivery process. The email has the line:

"You can use your VIN to create or update your MySubaru.com account. Follow this link to personalize a site for your new WRX. This will give you access to your new vehicle order updates, inside information, event calendars, and more."

So, you'd think that registering would give you more updates...but I'm not confident that's actually the case.
MySubaru only shows me 3 status updates.

1. Welcome to the Subaru family
2. Your Subaru is coming to life
3. Itís almost on its way

All of these updates showed up on the MySubaru site after I received the email from SOA. I disagree with Subaru, MySubau tells me no more info than the email.

Also, MySubaru account still only shows those 3 updates and I just got an email from the dealer saying my car is at the dealer!
Tyleem111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:57 AM   #3521
Tyleem111
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 480865
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default Order update

2018 WRX STI Limited WR Blue

Ordered via phone: 1/21/18 ETA Month of March
SOA email with VON: 1/22/18 ETA Last week of March
SOA email with VIN: 2/12/18 ETA on or before 3/13/18
SOA email with ďYour vehicle is almost on its wayĒ: 2/26/18 ETA on or before 3/13/18

I emailed the dealer on 2/23/18 asking for an update and they showed an ETA of 3/6/18 on their side.

I got an email today (3/1/18) saying the car arrived at the dealership! Iím super excited!
Tyleem111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #3522
Jmlin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481335
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyleem111 View Post
2018 WRX STI Limited WR Blue

Ordered via phone: 1/21/18 ETA Month of March
SOA email with VON: 1/22/18 ETA Last week of March
SOA email with VIN: 2/12/18 ETA on or before 3/13/18
SOA email with ďYour vehicle is almost on its wayĒ: 2/26/18 ETA on or before 3/13/18

I emailed the dealer on 2/23/18 asking for an update and they showed an ETA of 3/6/18 on their side.

I got an email today (3/1/18) saying the car arrived at the dealership! Iím super excited!
I hope that means mine is almost here😎🤗 i ordered on 1/28 but i didnt get a limited. Right now my estimated date is 3/22 from vin. Have a fun first weekend with the car!🙄
Jmlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:38 AM   #3523
Jmlin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481335
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

The thing i am so confused about is based on everyone's experience on here i know an estimated date is an estimste but as far as when it gets closer how are the dealers not informed it is on the way and should arrive within a day or two. It seems like everyone on here got a call saying it was at the dealer days or weeks before it arrives.. the process is very confusing
Jmlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #3524
Stubb063
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 479690
Join Date: Dec 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlin View Post
The thing i am so confused about is based on everyone's experience on here i know an estimated date is an estimste but as far as when it gets closer how are the dealers not informed it is on the way and should arrive within a day or two. It seems like everyone on here got a call saying it was at the dealer days or weeks before it arrives.. the process is very confusing
I'm with ya. I mean, your order has been assigned a VIN number. It's not even like a similar model suddenly became available closer to you and you just got assigned that one.

Once that VIN is assigned, they should be able to track everything that's happening to it and easily be able to give step by step updates. I could understand maybe it clearing customs quicker than expected or something liek that...but it should be tracked easy enough that you should know when something like that happens.

It's kind of messed up that I can buy a $10 phone charger from china off amazon and get better tracking on it than my $40k+ car from Japan.
Stubb063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:33 AM   #3525
Jmlin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 481335
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

It's kind of messed up that I can buy a $10 phone charger from china off amazon and get better tracking on it than my $40k+ car from Japan.[/quote]

😂😂 that paragraph is so true. Like at least give tracking information once it is in the US. I work for a manufacturing company, it would be so simple for them to even just have a tracking device in each car and dealer removes it once car is received and ships it back so they can use it for another car. The investment would be so miniscule too. It literally can just sit on the seat
Jmlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2017, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.