Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > BRZ Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #76
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

Ride height shouldn't have anything to do with the front wheel bearings (unless they're bottoming out hard repeatedly.. and I have a lot of confidence in Element that they aren't doing that).

If anything, it's probably brake heat + lots of grip or a factory defect.

Are the front bearings press-in or bolt on? I forget.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #77
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Member#: 54918
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Correct on the front, ride height shouldn't stress the bearing but camber could. I think it's just a bad factory build and there is no way to tighten it up (no axle nut).

It just bolts in from the back side as a hub assembly.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #78
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
that 's, like, your
alternate facts, man.

If a bearing is going to fail, I'll take a bolt-on over a press-in any day.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #79
King Tut
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 143129
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
World Rally Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Tuning View Post
Also ran the Hydra EMS full standalone computer on the dyno today to rough in the calibrations. I still have a lot more work to find the gains in the midrange but on a totally stock engine mod car that baselined 155 with my larger wheels (dyno owners oem car was 159hp) I squeeked out about 174 whp.
Great news. I contacted you awhile ago about possibly running Hydra on my Full Blown turbo BRZ. Let me know if you need a tester for a boosted application.
King Tut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #80
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

It ended up being the studs in the adapter spacer. When I pulled the wheel off last time to check that they weren't bad enough for me to notice but this time all the studs were loose. Unfortunately they are pressed in so it's trashed.

I'm not sure if this was just a defect or maybe I'm running too much torque on the lug nuts. I tend to run at 85 ft/lbs as it what seems to be required to keep my wheels from coming loose on the race track. I may have to back that down a little with the adapters.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #81
dwx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

FYI Hardrace has 5x114.3 bolt in hubs now although I don't think I've seen anyone in the US selling them. There are a couple shops in AUS that seem to be selling them though.

http://www.hard-race.com.au/index.ph...product_id=413

Edit: Actually emailed Hardrace last week and finally got a response. They are $895 shipped, just have to call them up or email [email protected].

Last edited by dwx; 05-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #82
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Buy up the Toyota hubs before they catch on....only $30 for the front. Some Arp and get a machinst to redrill. I think in the end this only makes sense if you have a lot of 5x114 race wheels that you can't use. 08+ Sti hubs bolt in the rear from what I understand.

Good 5x100 wheel options are now available so it won't make sense to go 5x114 unless you are also getting the better/larger bearings. Only time will tell if these bearings will suffer the same fate they do on WRX track cars.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #83
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Great news. I contacted you awhile ago about possibly running Hydra on my Full Blown turbo BRZ. Let me know if you need a tester for a boosted application.
Keep an eye on our facebook page. I still have some work to do to dial in the base calibrations and once I'm confortable it's in a good place for the average tuner to handle we'll release it to the public.

Now if someone is local to us so I can be involved with the tuning, they can get an early release.

Last edited by Element Tuning; 05-08-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #84
OrbitalEllipses
Scooby Guru

Member#: 178811
Vehicle:
2011 White Corolla
Over 400hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Tuning View Post
Keel an eyeon our facebook page. I still have some work to do to dial in the base calibrations and once I'm confortable it's in a good place for the average tuner to handle we'll release it to the public.

Now if someone is local to us so I can be involved with the tuning, they can get an early release.
Buy my turbo kit and I'll leave the car on your doorstep for development.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #85
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Ha ha if I buy a turbo kit (most likely) vs. building my own it will be on my car for tuning I'm just tryi g to decide if I want to work first with a supercharger kit or go straight to turbocharged.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #86
King Tut
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 143129
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
World Rally Blue

Turbocharged makes a cooler BOV sound.
King Tut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #87
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

Default Formula Drift/Global Time Attack Atlanta

Hydra EMS on E85 and some street tires and I was off to battle test and punish the Hydra powered FRS.

It's been a really long time since I raced anything but a true slick tire so it took a couple sessions to get used to the huge slip angles I was getting with the Hankook RS-3s. Still pretty amazing grip from these 275s!

Our custom valved BC Suspension with Hydra EMS power had us leading our class. I absolutely punished this car and this tune to make sure I could use this E85 road race map as a base map for our customers.

Camber looking good! It looks like it could use a touch more negative on the front but honestly front grip wasn't the issue. The rear of this car is just too light without the muffler and junk in the trunk. We'll need to work on this with aero.

We ended up wining our class by a little over 4 seconds to another FRS so it was good to compare how the Hydra EMS, BC Suspension, and exhaust compared to the other cars mods.

Meister watches for the winners

Thanks,
Phil Grabow
Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #88
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine