Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday February 26, 2021
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-12-2021, 11:16 PM   #1
maverpl
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519850
Vehicle:
2019 Wrx
CWP

Default High AF Correction?

Hey guys, quick question. Is AF correction 1 -20 to +35 normal? AF Learnin 1 -15% to +18. I have seen it pooped out couple times on my AP when driving to work, occasional -1.41,-2.81 knock. I feel like the car jerks a little when driving in traffic, AFR looks fine, no DAM drops. I have been dyno tuned since couple weeks.

GS EBCS, CHARGEPIPE, TMIC, INTAKE, JPIPE
Perrin turbo inlet, IAG TGV deletes, P&L EGR delete.

93octane.

Are those AF correction and learing numbers fine? Should i be concerned about this?
maverpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2021, 12:34 AM   #2
dpetro1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487500
Vehicle:
2018 WRX

Are you quoting min/max values or are you getting those values while cruising? Under load?
Take a datalog to post up so we can take a look at what is going on.
dpetro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:34 AM   #3
maverpl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 Wrx
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpetro1 View Post
Are you quoting min/max values or are you getting those values while cruising? Under load?
Take a datalog to post up so we can take a look at what is going on.

Theses are the min and max values i saw when cruising not sure when they happend. Will get a log tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:39 AM   #4
dpetro1
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverpl View Post
Theses are the min and max values i saw when cruising not sure when they happend. Will get a log tomorrow.
Ok. My understanding is that Min/max is mostly irrelavant. When you are on decel or just barely tipping into the throttle some funky values can register. AF correction should be +/-5 while cruising and under light load.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #5
maverpl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 Wrx
CWP

Quote:
Ok. My understanding is that Min/max is mostly irrelavant. When you are on decel or just barely tipping into the throttle some funky values can register. AF correction should be +/-5 while cruising and under light load.

I have recorded 3 logs, im gonna post them later after work. I noticed that one spike up to 30 was when the car was idling at gas station, oil temp was around 140 so it was still warming up.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:21 PM   #6
scotte30m3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 409636
Vehicle:
2015 WRX

https://phatbottituning.com/buy-an-e...roubleshooting

read this... it will answer your questions and give you direction.

#phatbotti
scotte30m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:40 PM   #7
maverpl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 Wrx
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte30m3 View Post
https://phatbottituning.com/buy-an-e...roubleshooting

read this... it will answer your questions and give you direction.

#phatbotti

Thanks, i guess nothing is wrong with my car and im overreacting. Car runs completely fine, was just worried about those high af correction numbers being high but i see now that itís normal i certain situations.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:15 PM   #8
WMTwrx15
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 501927

I agree with it being normal, after warm up reset the min max on ap and see what it does

Just for your piece of mind

Good olí anxietyport
WMTwrx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:45 PM   #9
maverpl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 Wrx
CWP

Here are the logs if someone with more knowledge would take a look at them i would be grateful.

https://datazap.me/u/maverpl/af?log=2&data=
https://datazap.me/u/maverpl/af?log=1&data=
https://datazap.me/u/maverpl/af?log=0&data=

First log is after i cleaned the map sensor.

thanks
Old 01-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #10
dpetro1
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX

Quote:
Here are the logs if someone with more knowledge would take a look at them i would be grateful.

https://datazap.me/u/maverpl/af?log=2&data=
https://datazap.me/u/maverpl/af?log=1&data=
https://datazap.me/u/maverpl/af?log=0&data=

First log is after i cleaned the map sensor.

thanks
I only see 4 parameters on the log? It would be hard to give any feedback since we cant see rpm, engine load, boost/vac, etc
Old 01-23-2021, 01:05 PM   #11
maverpl
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2019 Wrx
CWP

Quote:
I only see 4 parameters on the log? It would be hard to give any feedback since we cant see rpm, engine load, boost/vac, etc
Hmm that is weird since i got all the monitors set on the main screen.
Anyway i cleaned my maf and mas sensors and checked for any boost leaks, didnt find any. Af learning 1 looks better now but i still see numbers above -10 and -14 especialy when cruising on highway. AF correction looks normal, sometimes shoots up to 30% for a quick second but from what i know it's normal, especialy when letting of the throttle and coasting to a stop.

Still trying to figure out af learning and get those numbers as perfect as possible. Can a tune play a role in those numbers? I have been dyno tuned by a JR so im not sure. I'll get some new logs after cleaning those sensors.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #12
dpetro1
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX

Quote:
Hmm that is weird since i got all the monitors set on the main screen.

Anyway i cleaned my maf and mas sensors and checked for any boost leaks, didnt find any. Af learning 1 looks better now but i still see numbers above -10 and -14 especialy when cruising on highway. AF correction looks normal, sometimes shoots up to 30% for a quick second but from what i know it's normal, especialy when letting of the throttle and coasting to a stop.

Still trying to figure out af learning and get those numbers as perfect as possible. Can a tune play a role in those numbers? I have been dyno tuned by a JR so im not sure. I'll get some new logs after cleaning those sensors.
I think you are fine. If you had a tune done by a competent tuner then trust that and don't worry about the numbers too much. If you are really worried, then ask the tuner to confirm or check your log.

I don't even have my accesport plugged in all the time. When I do, I don't even monitor AF learning. Its a long term ecu determined value. I'm sure the tune map affects it but its a closed loop correction that really doesn't matter all that much to me.

AF correction should be within +/- 5% though. Again, min/max doesn't matter but while cruising and light throttle the ecu shouldn't have to make a lot of correction.