Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 16, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-24-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
MeechWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 487746
Default Low boost

I drive a 2002 WRX and since Iíve had an AP my car hasnít been hitting target boost. I feel like Iíve checked everything there is to check and Iím still only hitting 11 psi at most. I have been running Cobb stage 1 91 map since I got it back in May and I havenít hit target boost once since then. I have new gaskets from the exhaust manifold to the downpipe, new intercooler hoses, silicone hoses, Cobb bcs. Iím waiting on a new turbo inlet and post maf hose to see if they might fix the issue. I donít have the money to take it to a shop right now so Iím trying to figure this out myself.

Also, I tried removing the BCS line going to the WG to see if I would hit target boost and I actually made <0 boost. Not sure what this means but it definitely seems off. Somebody help please Iím tired of driving a slow Subaru.
MeechWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2018, 05:39 AM   #2
Cdextraze
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 424221
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1997 Outback imprez
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeechWRX View Post
I drive a 2002 WRX and since Iíve had an AP my car hasnít been hitting target boost. I feel like Iíve checked everything there is to check and Iím still only hitting 11 psi at most. I have been running Cobb stage 1 91 map since I got it back in May and I havenít hit target boost once since then. I have new gaskets from the exhaust manifold to the downpipe, new intercooler hoses, silicone hoses, Cobb bcs. Iím waiting on a new turbo inlet and post maf hose to see if they might fix the issue. I donít have the money to take it to a shop right now so Iím trying to figure this out myself.

Also, I tried removing the BCS line going to the WG to see if I would hit target boost and I actually made <0 boost. Not sure what this means but it definitely seems off. Somebody help please Iím tired of driving a slow Subaru.
My first tip would be to start running 93, second did you have a boost guage in the car to tell you what you were hitting before that? And third get a protune instead of using the Cobb OTS maps
Cdextraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:00 AM   #3
MeechWRX
Scooby Newbie

Iíll have to look around for 93 but how will that help with low boost? I didnít have a boost gauge, but Iím sure it was boosting fine before I re-tuned because it actually felt faster and did pull harder. I have plans to get a protune but with mods I can afford down the road, I was hoping the AP would make my car more fun but itís just been depressing to drive it
Old 08-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
MeechWRX
Scooby Newbie

Bump.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
MeechWRX
Scooby Newbie

If anyone seeing this was wondering, I pulled the WGDC logs on my AP and found that my wg only cycles at 51% at WOT... so Iím losing pretty a chunk of boost and Iíve decided to just buy a used TD04 and pray for the best. Iíll report back for anyone that might be reading this LOL