Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday February 16, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-19-2020, 03:38 AM   #1
dawsonmarch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 503560
Default 2007 wrx limited broken seat heaters

So i bought the car two years ago and have been so busy with the other issues the car has that Iíve just gotten around to the seat heaters now. Both lights come on when you flip the switches to turn them on, but neither seat gets warm. I checked both connections, but have not tested the resistance of heat packs/voltage getting there yet. I find it unlikely that both seat heaters just broke, I donít really know but Iíd guess itís something before either heat pack that broke. Anyone have an idea??
dawsonmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
Muffin15
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326958
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
San Remo Red

According to the wiring diagrams fuse #4 behind the panel under the steering wheel is where those get power from in the factory configuration. Iíd agree it seems unlikely that both sets of hearing elements are toast. If you get lights on the switches the fuse is probably good. Iíd check the relay. The diagrams point to the ďrear 12V accessory relayĒ though I couldnít quickly find a location for that. Might be in the block of relays right next to that sane fuse block, where the fog might relay goes. If too donít hear a relay clock when you toggle one of the heat positions thatíd be my guess for sure
Muffin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
krystalized_fozzie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 506392

Do you know how to use a multi meter?

If so, turn the meter onto resistance/ohms and check the the element wires on the seat harness.

If you get an ohm reading, heater element is OK and you have an electrical problem, if not your element is pooched.

Post back your results
krystalized_fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote