Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday November 12, 2019
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
View Poll Results: Read my short theory about being friends with ex-gf's. Is it True or False?
True 126 77.78%
False 23 14.20%
moose knuckle 13 8.02%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
WRXVT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17979
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
335i Blue

Default Settle an argument/confirm my theory. Guys don't want to be friends with ex-gfs.

Ok, so a female friend and I were having a discussion. Long story short, I think that if a guy wants to maintain contact with an ex-girlfriend of his, it's only because he has a desire to bang her.

Said another way, a guy doesn't desire to be friends, ie call and chat, engage in dialog, hang out, go out to dinner with, a female that he previously dated UNLESS he wants to be more than friends, ie physical with her.

Now, I'm not saying ex's can't be friends. But I think that any platonic friendship between a guy and a girl that used to date is strictly due to politeness and the girl's initiative/desire to be friends- either that or the guy want's to bang her again and that's the only reason he's friends with her.

True/False?

Poll
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRXVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
Matt K
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 45204
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: you are so complex
Vehicle:
16 you don't
respond to danger

Default

true enough, I think. Anything beyond "enough to be polite" is cause you want another piece.
Matt K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Jard
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 34935
Join Date: Apr 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Vehicle:
Dad- Core
OG

Default

sure.
Jard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
boxered
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 61884
Join Date: May 2004
Chapter/Region: International
Location: buying guns
Default

Yeah, it's a booty call.
boxered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
zombiefeedingtime
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 109380
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hail Hydra
Default

Generally I have no interest in hanging out with an ex, unless I'm interested in doing something naughty. Tee hee!
zombiefeedingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
pigSTI04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 114793
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Default

Bangerang!!!
pigSTI04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
TheRex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 37813
Join Date: Jun 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Vail, CO
Default

I'm still friends with some of my ex's, and not for the ass either.
TheRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
The Motel Fella
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 140147
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Default

In my case...the one I managed to keep up with was not to bang.

In a few cases I might have still had the urge if the opportunity presented itself, so I broke it off out of respect to the subsequent relationships.



But mostly if we split, we split.
The Motel Fella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
occytron wrc
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 28788
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Bon Air, VA
Vehicle:
01 boring sedan
w/roof dent!

Default

False. And this only applies to one ex. We are friends for no other reason than being friends. The others I have no desire to be friends with, except the one I married.
occytron wrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
Wharf Rat
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 173230
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: My trailer in the woods
Default

Pure truth. I have always severed all ties when I drop a bitch.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
Sharkbait
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 37221
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: International
Location: LDN W14 or Stalking Schumacher
Vehicle:
2012 Abarth
1984 Porsche 911

Default

I would agree, from a chick's point of view.

I keep in touch with one guy that I had relations with, but he's married, with kids and such. I think maybe because this is because we were good friends, who just happen to "cross the line" a couple times. We never went into relationship mode.
Sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
Anglophile
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 6225
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Yes, that's right.
Vehicle:
2002 WRX

Default

Harry: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally: Why not?
Harry: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: You only think you do.
Sally: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: How do you know?
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Anglophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
WRXVT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 17979
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: NOVA
Vehicle:
335i Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile View Post
Harry: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally: Why not?
Harry: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: You only think you do.
Sally: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: How do you know?
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.

yes! I'm going to use that. Thanks, good contribution- this compliments my theory.
WRXVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #14
Jessie James
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 2072
Join Date: Aug 2000
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Out of my mind
Default

Agreed - sex rules our lives.
Jessie James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
cnw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 98395
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default

i am in agreement. women are disposable sex objects.
cnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #16
zombiefeedingtime
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 109380
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hail Hydra
Default

My (perhaps incorrect) theory:

Men and women being friends is a lot like a stick of dynamite. The length of the fuse depends on the people involved. Two people really determined to make it work may have a hell of a long fuse. But it's burning!

*wrings hand menacingly*
zombiefeedingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
cnw
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 98395
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiefeedingtime View Post
My (perhaps incorrect) theory:

Men and women being friends is a lot like a stick of dynamite. The length of the fuse depends on the people involved. Two people really determined to make it work may have a hell of a long fuse. But it's burning!

*wrings hand menacingly*
cnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #18
Mike Wevrick
RIP 1/19/64 - 7/23/11
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 24654
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: saraseager.com
Vehicle:
1957 Taggart Comet
atlasshruggedpart1.com

Default

Depends. I have exes I'm still friends with. There was some tension at first though.
Mike Wevrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #19
MidnightSti05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 74064
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Default

True.
I don't want to be friends with my ex...hooking up yes...friends no.

depends on how long it has been, I hang out with one ex - she's really cool granted we dated in early college...
MidnightSti05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #20
Matt K
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 45204
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: you are so complex
Vehicle:
16 you don't
respond to danger

Default

when harry met sally is A: a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible movie and B: wrong.

but with ex gfs it's different.
Matt K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
ShoeyImpreza1986
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 64669
Join Date: Jun 2004
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
1993 Impreza L
Green

Default

I don't want to hang around with an ex and see who is plowing her next, unless it's me.

[xzibit]Yo dawg we heard you like to bang so we put an ex-girlfriend in your ex-girlfriends so you can bang while you bang[/xz]
ShoeyImpreza1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #22
zombiefeedingtime
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 109380
Join Date: Mar 2006
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Hail Hydra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken n waffles View Post
C/N: They gon' bang eventually.
zombiefeedingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #23
visualsinz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 160900
Join Date: Oct 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STI
JBP

Default

If you broke up with a girl because you didnt want to be around her, what other motive is there to still have contact with her except for the reasons stated?
visualsinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #24
steve
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 4718
Join Date: Mar 2001
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Location : Location
Vehicle:
Sold my Subaru, and
now I'm so OT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXVT View Post
Said another way, a guy doesn't desire to be friends, ie call and chat, engage in dialog, hang out, go out to dinner with, a female that he previously dated UNLESS he wants to be more than friends, ie physical with her.
First off, what the **** kind of guy "chats" on the phone?
Second, you're right.

voted.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeyImpreza1986 View Post
[xzibit]Yo dawg we heard you like to bang so we put an ex-girlfriend in your ex-girlfriends so you can bang while you bang[/xz]


First laugh of the morning, thanks.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #25
Matt A
NASIOC Vendor Manager
Administrator
 
Member#: 15382
Join Date: Feb 2002
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
. 2005 OBXT LTD

Default

I think that is pretty true. I have maintained EX relationships pretty much only to bang them. Which I have. Many times.





But not since I met you Allyson, I swear!!!!


Matt A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I don't want to be associated with TXIC Tainted Love Off-Topic 111 12-11-2008 11:55 PM
I don't want to be the only person with this stuck in my head (mp3 link inside) Kaiser Off-Topic 17 12-19-2006 05:18 PM
You don't want to be on the receiving end of my wrath Unabomber Electrical & Lighting 18 02-28-2005 12:41 PM
Do you still try to be friends with your Ex? Mud Pig Off-Topic 25 04-27-2004 03:46 PM
Is It Possible To Be Friends With Your Ex WiredWRX Off-Topic 33 04-30-2003 11:54 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.