Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 22, 2018
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #151
Trigger Tough
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 491335

Over a week ago I bought a WRX STi RA edition. From the moment I drove it off of the lot it had alignment issues. It was pulling to the right. I took it to Subaru service and they re-aligned the vehicle. After the realignment the right front caster was still off, and it was still pulling to the right. Subaru of America was contacted and they said it could be a tire issue. They changed that right front tire. That didnít fix the issue. As of now an engineer from Subaru is being dispatched to the shop to see why the alignment is so far off

Has anyone driven or purchased a RA with alignment issues like Iím having?
Trigger Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #152
get_schwifty
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 485973
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrg View Post
I saw that a few people were dealing with noise from the power steering while turning the wheel. I have the same problem and took it to the dealer today. They tried some other models there and all had the noise, so they said itís not an issue.

I was also having the sort of rattle sound while decelerating, much like in this video: https://youtu.be/qucmu_IlzvI

They said that was completely normal as well. I figure itís just the way the engine sounds or some pressure being released. Both sounds donít really bother me as long as I know thereís not an issue. This is just what my dealer is saying though.

I have one thing going on though that I believe is probably normal, but I wanted to see what other people think. Sometimes while idling the idle speed will change all of sudden, which I know is normal. But sometimes when it does this my brake pedal feel will change slightly. Basically itíll push in a tiny bit while my foot is on it. I figured itís just a compressor turning on or something. Nothing seems abnormal otherwise with the brakes.
Mine started making this noise right around 6600 miles and I believe it began very shortly after a specific session of driving the car hard for a prolonged period (presumably it's the most heat I've generated during the car's life). The car works perfectly but makes this exact noise, which freaked me out. To be certain, I had a compression/leakdown test performed along with an oil change/close inspection of the oil for any signs of metal...everything was completely normal. I've got a UOA pending but I don't expect anything too shocking.

The noise from mine stops right around 3200 RPM as well, and it goes from full noise to no noise once going below this engine speed. Given how similar the sound is across cars and the engine speed range that it occurs, it makes me think perhaps a bolt or something is ever so slightly out of torque spec or perhaps expanded-->shifted around when exposed to the higher heat and is now making the noise as a byproduct of the normal vibration of the engine?
get_schwifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:35 AM   #153
ben_7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464522
Default 2018 WRX STI - Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Tough View Post
Over a week ago I bought a WRX STi RA edition. From the moment I drove it off of the lot it had alignment issues. It was pulling to the right. I took it to Subaru service and they re-aligned the vehicle. After the realignment the right front caster was still off, and it was still pulling to the right. Subaru of America was contacted and they said it could be a tire issue. They changed that right front tire. That didnít fix the issue. As of now an engineer from Subaru is being dispatched to the shop to see why the alignment is so far off

Has anyone driven or purchased a RA with alignment issues like Iím having?

I have a 2018 WRX STi with similar alignment issues and the dealership and Subaru of America is currently looking into it.

The dealership thinks itís the two front tires, so Iím waiting till next week to see if it will be warrantied and if it will fix this issue.

I have a thread I recently posted about this as well on this forum under the General Community section.

Hope you get your alignment issue fixed.

Last edited by ben_7; 09-21-2018 at 12:36 PM.
ben_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:25 PM   #154
SprinterWRX2018
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477013
Vehicle:
2019 STI Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

I just purchased a 2019 STI Limited. On the way home from the dealer the car pulled to the right and had a slight vibration. Tire pressure was set at 40PSI.
Set tire pressure correctly and drives much better now.
Also when I turn onto a street from a dead stop I can feel the tires try to skip a little bit for a moment or two. Its hard to explain. It feels like a old school 4 wheel drive truck where if you have 4 wheel drive engaged and you turn on dry pavement the vehicle will chirp the tires. This is my first STI so I'm not sure if this is a characteristic of the electronic differential system? The WRX I had was as smooth as could be in this same situation. I have the DCCD set to AUTO
SprinterWRX2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #155
STIngerz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477292
Vehicle:
2018 WRX STI
WR Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinterWRX2018 View Post
I just purchased a 2019 STI Limited. On the way home from the dealer the car pulled to the right and had a slight vibration. Tire pressure was set at 40PSI.
Set tire pressure correctly and drives much better now.
Also when I turn onto a street from a dead stop I can feel the tires try to skip a little bit for a moment or two. Its hard to explain. It feels like a old school 4 wheel drive truck where if you have 4 wheel drive engaged and you turn on dry pavement the vehicle will chirp the tires. This is my first STI so I'm not sure if this is a characteristic of the electronic differential system? The WRX I had was as smooth as could be in this same situation. I have the DCCD set to AUTO

Make sure the DCCD is set to auto

Edit: never mind just read the whole post...

I have noticed a bit of skipping when turning fast enough, maybe this is what you are feeling too? I have noticed that turning on TRAC MODE reduces this quite a bit, I also set it to AUTO- whenever I am driving semi-hard on dry pavement...

Last edited by STIngerz; 10-01-2018 at 08:45 PM.
STIngerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:42 AM   #156
SprinterWRX2018
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477013
Vehicle:
2019 STI Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIngerz View Post
Make sure the DCCD is set to auto

Edit: never mind just read the whole post...

I have noticed a bit of skipping when turning fast enough, maybe this is what you are feeling too? I have noticed that turning on TRAC MODE reduces this quite a bit, I also set it to AUTO- whenever I am driving semi-hard on dry pavement...
Ya i would say it feels like skipping. I'll try Auto -.
Now i notice E-brake doesn't work well even when i pull it up all the way. Going back to dealer
SprinterWRX2018 is online now   Reply With Quote