Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #501
RPhilMan1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 129316

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurw View Post
haha true, it is a gorgeous looking color. I actually thought about switching mine last minute but stuck with CBS.

Just for fun, I went back and tallied up all the posted orders. There's might be a few missed / double counts but just for ref, as of right now in this thread -

SWP: 20
WRB: 14
DGM: 7
ISM: 4
PBP: 2
CBS: 2
I love SWP as well. It's funny though because the numbers here are high in favor of SWP but on the road I don't see a majority of SWP. Maybe it has more to do with the enthusiast numbers here on NASIOC?
RPhilMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #502
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor

Member#: 217382
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantDriveStick View Post
It's pretty cool following this thread nice to see a lot of happy people. I wish I was in the same boat. I ordered my 2012 (I known it's the'13 thread) 5 and a half weeks ago and I am not satisfied with what I'm hearing from my dealer and I think I am getting a line. After 5 and a half weeks all my dealer is telling me is that my order has been accepted. From reading other posts people are getting vons, right away and vins shortly thereafter. I'm in the northeast so I know vons aren't always used but after this amount of time I know I should be getting more information than my order is accepted. This is my first car buying experience and it is certainly not going well. I'm not sure what to do, do I call soa but I have no real information to share with them so I'm not sure they can help me.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? If I could cancel and get my refund and go to another dealer I'd gladly do that however I don't think that is possible.

My only comment on this is that a dealership should never have taken an order on a 2012MY 5.5 weeks ago. They shut the ordering system down for 2012s back in April...

If they say your order is now accepted I would imagine it is a 2013 now not a 2012.

This is all based off SoA, so I could be wrong given SoNE is some weird crap I do not know everything about.

Sorry to hear your frustrations.

Mike
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #503
Guy Hollywood
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 307227
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4d
SWP

I chose SWP because I currently own an OBP and its a pain in the ass to keep clean and everything shows on it. I plan on getting a clear bra put on immediately this time around regardless. Also, every time I see a white one it makes me weak.
Guy Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #504
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Hollywood View Post
I chose SWP because I currently own an OBP and its a pain in the ass to keep clean and everything shows on it. I plan on getting a clear bra put on immediately this time around regardless. Also, every time I see a white one it makes me weak.

White is the best BY FAR!!!!!

My s2000 and the GFs 2005 STi are both white and they look so sexy.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #505
pnc82
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Hollywood View Post
Im thinking about getting clear bra as well but the only thing holding me back is the things I hear about yellowing. Is this still an issue? Is Xpel the best product out there?

Thanks in advance!
pnc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #506
Steve973
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324201

Picking up my car tomorrow!!

SWP 5-Door WRX premium
Ordered on 6/22/12
Car arrived 8/28 as 2013 (~9 Weeks)

When I ordered my dealer was unsure if I would received a 2012 or 2013. Never received a VIN or VON. Got $700 below invoice
Steve973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #507
r3dm0nd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327045
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

finally placed my order after two weeks of having it written up and waiting for me.
PBP 5-Door Base WRX with fogs. can't wait for it to arrive. going to be a long 2-3 months.
r3dm0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #508
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc82 View Post
Im thinking about getting clear bra as well but the only thing holding me back is the things I hear about yellowing. Is this still an issue? Is Xpel the best product out there?

Thanks in advance!
3M has solved their yellowing issues of the past. Never experienced Xpel, but the 3m stuff we do here is spectacular. Just my .02
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #509
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dm0nd View Post
finally placed my order after two weeks of having it written up and waiting for me.
PBP 5-Door Base WRX with fogs. can't wait for it to arrive. going to be a long 2-3 months.

HAHAHA!!!! I just put your order in and printed the confirmation.

Since you are on here now, your VON# is

I will still email you the PDF so you can see that I ordered the right type of car

Thanks for the business!

Mike
Old 08-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #510
r3dm0nd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327045
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

lol thanks mike. I just had to share it, just an exciting moment.
r3dm0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #511
CantDriveStick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
My only comment on this is that a dealership should never have taken an order on a 2012MY 5.5 weeks ago. They shut the ordering system down for 2012s back in April...

If they say your order is now accepted I would imagine it is a 2013 now not a 2012.

This is all based off SoA, so I could be wrong given SoNE is some weird crap I do not know everything about.

Sorry to hear your frustrations.

Mike
Thanks Mike I appreciate the response. Just to make sure I'm clear regardless of my location the '12 order should not have been taken. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to go down to the dealership and get things straight and set an ultimatum.

The other thing is if 12 orders stopped how was he even able to put it in the system? I figured it would be locked or unavailable.
CantDriveStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #512
JoshXotic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 54422

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantDriveStick View Post
It's pretty cool following this thread nice to see a lot of happy people. I wish I was in the same boat. I ordered my 2012 (I known it's the'13 thread) 5 and a half weeks ago and I am not satisfied with what I'm hearing from my dealer and I think I am getting a line. After 5 and a half weeks all my dealer is telling me is that my order has been accepted. From reading other posts people are getting vons, right away and vins shortly thereafter. I'm in the northeast so I know vons aren't always used but after this amount of time I know I should be getting more information than my order is accepted. This is my first car buying experience and it is certainly not going well. I'm not sure what to do, do I call soa but I have no real information to share with them so I'm not sure they can help me.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? If I could cancel and get my refund and go to another dealer I'd gladly do that however I don't think that is possible.
Call your dealer and ask for the VON. Then call SOA with the VON and verify that your name is on that order. If not, go find a new dealer. Good luck!
JoshXotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #513
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207500
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Quote:
White is the best BY FAR!!!!!

My s2000 and the GFs 2005 STi are both white and they look so sexy.
Wait a minute...when I called and order mine in WRB you told me that was your favorite color. Great, now the color I ordered isn't your favorite anymore...I'm not sure what I should do now . On a serious note: This wait sucks and it's only been 15 days!
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #514
pnc82
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318530

Quote:
3M has solved their yellowing issues of the past. Never experienced Xpel, but the 3m stuff we do here is spectacular. Just my .02
Thanks Mike!
pnc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #515
RyStar
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329215
Vehicle:
2018 STI
DGM - Wingless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
This wait sucks and it's only been 15 days!
I am in the same boat, it sucks!

This old thread kind of helps pass the time... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2078765

Last edited by RyStar; 08-30-2012 at 02:17 PM.
RyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #516
CantDriveStick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325865

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshXotic View Post
Call your dealer and ask for the VON. Then call SOA with the VON and verify that your name is on that order. If not, go find a new dealer. Good luck!
Tried that before and he had no idea what a VON is. I guess they're not always used in my region.
CantDriveStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #517
Siclos
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327863
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

Kinda happy only two of us are getting PBP. Doesn't reflect all of the US obviously but I like to be the minority, makes the car more unique kinda.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #518
Steck121
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296527
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatch
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru

I also heard that water can get under the clear bra and cause bubble or worse, rust. Has this issue been solved or do touch-less washes just need to be avoided?
Steck121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #519
Guy Hollywood
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 307227
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4d
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc82 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Clear bras have definitely come along way and the high end ones no longer have yellowing, clouding, or "orange peel" issues. Just make sure you find a good installer who will wrap all edges and seams. No one wants a horizontal line going across your hood. Wrap the whole damn hood!

As far as brands, it was either 3M or Xpel for me. The installer by me has tried a whole bunch of films but switch to Xpel Ultimate for it's clarity and it also contains elastomeric polymers that "self heal" any minor scratches or swirls. Demo below.

XPEL Ultimate Paint Protection Film / Clear Bra Self Healing Demo - YouTube
Guy Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #520
leurw
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328724
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPhilMan1 View Post
I love SWP as well. It's funny though because the numbers here are high in favor of SWP but on the road I don't see a majority of SWP. Maybe it has more to do with the enthusiast numbers here on NASIOC?
SWP is an absolutely beautiful color, no doubt. And I think you're right about the enthusiasts being drawn to it; it's a very non-standard and special look. I've always loved white cars since back when I used to lust after a Championship White Integra Type R.

But there's just something about a black 5-door, especially since the 2010+ body style and the new CBS color.
leurw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #521
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207500
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Black is great when it's clean like most everyone says. Guy at work has a matte black AMG...looks pretty badass not sure how tough it is to keep looking good though.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #522
dstorm
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329237
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurw

SWP is an absolutely beautiful color, no doubt. And I think you're right about the enthusiasts being drawn to it; it's a very non-standard and special look. I've always loved white cars since back when I used to lust after a Championship White Integra Type R.

But there's just something about a black 5-door, especially since the 2010+ body style and the new CBS color.
I have yet to see any actual pics of the new CBS color. Just the render models on Subaru's site. Have you seen any?
dstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #523
Steck121
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296527
Vehicle:
2013 STI Hatch
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurw

The ITR used to be my unicorn as well. Waiting for my SWP STI makes this car feel just as elusive to me.
Steck121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #524
leurw
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstorm View Post
I have yet to see any actual pics of the new CBS color. Just the render models on Subaru's site. Have you seen any?
Yea just check out google. CBS has been on the Foresters and Outbacks (I think...) for about a year or two. So as far as actual color, there are real cars driving around etc. Just have to "imagine" it on a WRX. I did see a CBS BRZ in person about a week ago.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #525
leurw
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steck121 View Post
The ITR used to be my unicorn as well. Waiting for my SWP STI makes this car feel just as elusive to me.
Still have my Milano Red GSR in the garage. Weekend track car :-)