Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday February 18, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-13-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
adrian2ca
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 493819
Default 04 wrx low boost no leaks !! Help

Hello . I currently finished rebuilding my wrx and have put in 1000 miles on it . But I am currently having an issue with my boost!!! I've tried everything I can think of . I did leak test with smoke , checked ewg for any type of damage internal or external . Replaced all my boost hoses by passed the boost controller and still only getting 10psi!!! .prior to rebuild it was tuned and I was seeing 20 psi.i have same mods as before only thing that changed was manley pistons. I have to get it ready before my tunning appointment for e85 . I currently have no knock it drives great except boost issue compression test was great ..any ideas???
Mods:
Headers
Exhaust ( no cats )
Rec BOV.
Mbc
Bigger injectors
Walboro255
New vf39
Process west Top mount
Peering CAI
Mish. Radiator
Perrin oil separator
External westgate
adrian2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #2
supermarkus
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6971
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi
SSM

Does your current boost control scheme require the restrictor pill in the compressor to wastegate T?
supermarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:32 PM   #3
adrian2ca
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermarkus View Post
Does your current boost control scheme require the restrictor pill in the compressor to wastegate T?
No . It's just like it was prior to rebuild same mbc same wastegate . No pill same tune
Old 02-14-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
chilakas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 210354
Vehicle:
2003 Wrx
Blue

Do you still have tgv? I had this happen to me a couple years ago and it ended up being that i istalled my tgv sensor wrong. So every time i tried to get full boost the tgv couldnt open all the way.
chilakas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:59 PM   #5
adrian2ca
Scooby Newbie

I do. And i will check it soon as i get home. Wouldn't that throw a code though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilakas View Post
Do you still have tgv? I had this happen to me a couple years ago and it ended up being that i istalled my tgv sensor wrong. So every time i tried to get full boost the tgv couldnt open all the way.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:31 PM   #6
chilakas
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Wrx
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian2ca View Post
I do. And i will check it soon as i get home. Wouldn't that throw a code though?
Well mine didn't throw any codes when it happened. Unless you had to remove that sensor i doubt it is your issue but if you did than its a good possibility since its very possible to install it wrong. For the longest i couldn't figure out what the problem was, i eventually i decided to check the tgv, when i removed the sensor i knew it was wrong because the spring didn't bounce back in position like it would if it was preloaded like it should.

There is 2. The easiest one to get to is the driverside one its next to oil dip stick and the hard one to get to is the passanger side its next to turbo around that area. But like i said only if you had to remove them its possible that it may be the issue. they are actually throttle position sensors just like the one at the throttle.

Last edited by chilakas; 02-14-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #7
adrian2ca
Scooby Newbie

I did removed them. I will do that and report back hopefully that will be the issue . i did take my time when putting the engine back together just to make sure things like that wouldn't happen but you never know .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilakas View Post
Well mine didn't throw any codes when it happened. Unless you had to remove that sensor i doubt it is your issue but if you did than its a good possibility since its very possible to install it wrong. For the longest i couldn't figure out what the problem was, i eventually i decided to check the tgv, when i removed the sensor i knew it was wrong because the spring didn't bounce back in position like it would if it was preloaded like it should.

There is 2. The easiest one to get to is the driverside one its next to oil dip stick and the hard one to get to is the passanger side its next to turbo around that area. But like i said only if you had to remove them its possible that it may be the issue. they are actually throttle position sensors just like the one at the throttle.
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #8
adrian2ca
Scooby Newbie

Nop that was not the issue . I did research and found out that my dam should be at 16 and my only stays at 7 and drops to 3 at times .
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #9
BrutieSubie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 466782
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
White

Did you get into a patch of bad gas?
BrutieSubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #10
adrian2ca
Scooby Newbie

No I I have tried different gas already and no luck . I am currently tuned for 91 octane and I am running 93 right now and still the same . Anyone knows what else causes dam to drop besides leaks and gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutieSubie View Post
Did you get into a patch of bad gas?
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #11
chilakas
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Wrx
Blue

Did you do a boost leak test with compressed air? When i was trying to solve my issue i learned that best way to find boost leaks is with compressed air and soapy water. I found a lot of little leaks. I even found a leak right at the turbo. I did it at the turbo inlet that way i could test the turbo as well for leaks.