Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday December 3, 2020
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Built Motor Discussion

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
subaru_gc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29292
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County CA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX wagon
silver

Default garrett g25-660

Hey I was wondering if anyone has tried this turbo yet? sounds like its inbetween a 3071 and a 3076 gen 2 size.
subaru_gc8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #2
point78
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 344329
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Summit County
Vehicle:
2008 Wrx, 6mt

Default

TheBoostCreep posted up a video of it on fb, on a wrx. It looked pretty impressive.
point78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
Titter
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 416107
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Ontario, Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
EJ207 Spec C 4EAT

Default

its smaller than both of those tubros but outflows the 3071. its badass.
Titter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
Nick411
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 362723
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Land of the Igloos
Vehicle:
2002 WRX w/ V7 EJ207
WRB

Default

It's a 2867 in physical size but flows like a 3071 gen2. It should out perform anything smaller than the 3076 if you use the largest turbine housing.
Nick411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:26 AM   #5
subaru_gc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29292
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County CA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX wagon
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick411 View Post
It's a 2867 in physical size but flows like a 3071 gen2. It should out perform anything smaller than the 3076 if you use the largest turbine housing.
Wow that makes it sound even better might have to pull the trigger on that one
subaru_gc8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #6
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 33782
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Mooresville, NC
Vehicle:
96 3MI Racing
search FIRST, then PM!!!

Default

I'm watching these closely. Might make me trade in my EFR turbos.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #7
subydude
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 80649
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Columbia, SC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 Auto-X RSTi
Dusty

Default

I'd be curious how transient is. For everything but autox the G25's look good. Anywhere transient is important I'd still pick an EFR, personally.
subydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:03 AM   #8
spdracerut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269226
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subydude View Post
I'd be curious how transient is. For everything but autox the G25's look good. Anywhere transient is important I'd still pick an EFR, personally.
I did the back of the envelope math, the rotational inertia of the G25-660 is close to that of the EFR7163.
spdracerut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #9
subydude
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 80649
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Columbia, SC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 Auto-X RSTi
Dusty

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracerut View Post
I did the back of the envelope math, the rotational inertia of the G25-660 is close to that of the EFR7163.
So the wheel is smaller, but denser is what you're saying. Interesting.

I like market competition.
subydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #10
Titter
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 416107
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Ontario, Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
EJ207 Spec C 4EAT

Default garrett g25-660



oddly enough this came across my FB feed today so i figure i would share it.

red is a g25-660
blue is a gtx3076

its on an 04 australian sti so i believe that is an EJ207. figures are in KW not HP.

you got about 10psi at about 4000rpm and 30psi at about 4900rpm

the extra volume of a 2.5L would make this turbo come alive a bit earlier.
Titter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:35 AM   #11
sangreal
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 490729
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titter View Post


oddly enough this came across my FB feed today so i figure i would share it.

red is a g25-660
blue is a gtx3076

its on an 04 australian sti so i believe that is an EJ207. figures are in KW not HP.

you got about 10psi at about 4000rpm and 30psi at about 4900rpm

the extra volume of a 2.5L would make this turbo come alive a bit earlier.
Thanks for sharing, but this picture is a piece of sh**.
Don't get me wrong, 330 kW is plausible, but 1051 Nm @ 5084 rpm?
The most basic formula every car guy should know doesn't comply:
P = 2 * Pi * M * n
n = rps
M = torque in Nm
P = Power in W
Pi = 3,1416....

1051 Nm @ 5084 rpm would mean 560 kW @ 5084 rpm. Yeah, right..

sangreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #12
ripman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 305707
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: AUS
Vehicle:
1999 WRX
WRC Blue

Default

^^^ the 3076 is a gen1 R with a .64 a/r and the g25 has a .92a/r.
Awesome how it makes an extra 100kw at 4700rpm.
ripman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #13
zugu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 77863
Join Date: Dec 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: FL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripman View Post
^^^ the 3076 is a gen1 R with a .64 a/r and the g25 has a .92a/r.
Awesome how it makes an extra 100kw at 4700rpm.
Are they both utilizing stock location?
zugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #14
ripman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 305707
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: AUS
Vehicle:
1999 WRX
WRC Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugu View Post
Are they both utilizing stock location?
Rotated
ripman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:21 PM   #15
subaru_gc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29292
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County CA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX wagon
silver

Default

it seems like the g25 spools kinda slow for being so small, dont you think
subaru_gc8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #16
spdracerut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269226
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_gc8 View Post
it seems like the g25 spools kinda slow for being so small, dont you think
The 0.92 A/R used flows the same as a GT30 in a 1.01 A/R. So the fact he G25-660 still spooled up faster with a bigger housing than the GTX3076R in a much smaller 0.64A/R housing shows just how much more efficient the G25-660 is. Put the smaller 0.72A/R or the much smaller 0.49A/R and it'll spool up much sooner.
spdracerut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #17
Titter
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 416107
Join Date: Mar 2015
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Ontario, Canada
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
EJ207 Spec C 4EAT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_gc8 View Post
it seems like the g25 spools kinda slow for being so small, dont you think


also, that graph is from a 2.0L. a 2.5L would spool a bit faster due to itís extra volume.
Titter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #18
subaru_gc8
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 29292
Join Date: Nov 2002
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Orange County CA
Vehicle:
2004 WRX wagon
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titter View Post
also, that graph is from a 2.0L. a 2.5L would spool a bit faster due to itís extra volume.
well i got a 2.1 so Id be in the middle. but yeah i guess for a 660 specd turbo i would have expected more I mean at 30psi is at 440 I think the new gen2 3071 is a better turbo
subaru_gc8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #19
wrxhard
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 108091
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fargo, ND
Vehicle:
2002 WRX

Default

Yeah, a 2 liter with cams isn***8217;t exactly going to spool a turbo up super early. I think it did pretty damn good.

Last edited by wrxhard; 06-04-2018 at 06:53 PM.
wrxhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #20
Bansheeboy11
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 182415
Join Date: Jun 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
1999 RS
Aspen White

Default

Also Garrett said they are working on divided housings, they only over a single scroll housing right now. Thats good for quite a bit earlier/smoother spool and better transient response on throttle. I sold my 3076 in anticipation of this being a better suit for a EJ20 so im holding off for a smaller divided housing option.
Bansheeboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:11 PM   #21
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 33782
Join Date: Mar 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Mooresville, NC
Vehicle:
96 3MI Racing
search FIRST, then PM!!!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subydude View Post
I'd be curious how transient is. For everything but autox the G25's look good. Anywhere transient is important I'd still pick an EFR, personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracerut View Post
I did the back of the envelope math, the rotational inertia of the G25-660 is close to that of the EFR7163.
That's it, you're both getting thrown out for speculation
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:44 PM   #22
Daggernomad55555
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 343485
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansheeboy11 View Post
Also Garrett said they are working on divided housings, they only over a single scroll housing right now. Thats good for quite a bit earlier/smoother spool and better transient response on throttle. I sold my 3076 in anticipation of this being a better suit for a EJ20 so im holding off for a smaller divided housing option.
Check this Garrett part number 877895-5012S. It's a T4 divided .92 AR IWG turbine housing. I am looking for this exact turbine with my twin scroll headers on a 2.0L
Daggernomad55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #23
PrinceVegeta
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 428946
Join Date: Aug 2015
Vehicle:
2008 JDM WRX

Default I want to fit the G25 660 in stock location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggernomad55555 View Post
Check this Garrett part number 877895-5012S. It's a T4 divided .92 AR IWG turbine housing. I am looking for this exact turbine with my twin scroll headers on a 2.0L
I have an eventual goal of fitting the G25 660 IWG in Stock Location so that it works with my Verticooler (Top Mount) and Grimmspeed intake

I am using the JDM Twin Scroll headers and Up Pipe (VF37 style) setup currently.

What is the most economical way I can fit the G25 660 IWG in stock location?

I am a little clueless when it comes to fitting Garrett Turbos, can somebody teach/advise me please.

I was thinking:

Twin Scroll to Divided T4 Up Pipe in Stock Location
(is this possible? how and where can I get this up pipe?)

Last edited by PrinceVegeta; 04-11-2019 at 01:34 PM.
PrinceVegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #24
T-37
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 175624
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
0304 WRX WRX
SY WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVegeta View Post
I have an eventual goal of fitting the G25 660 IWG in Stock Location so that it works with my Verticooler (Top Mount) and Grimmspeed intake

I am using the JDM Twin Scroll headers and Up Pipe (VF37 style) setup currently.

What is the most economical way I can fit the G25 660 IWG in stock location?

I am a little clueless when it comes to fitting Garrett Turbos, can somebody teach/advise me please.

I was thinking:

Twin Scroll to Divided T4 Up Pipe in Stock Location
(is this possible? how and where can I get this up pipe?)
Probably the closest to stock location will be Killer B's Spoolinator...not their current one, but they have posted not too long ago about a new kit for the G Series turbos. I don't believe there are TS housings for the G Series turbos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBMotorsport View Post
Just to keep things interesting... Something we're working on, Garrett G-Series Spoolinator.





T-37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:41 PM   #25
mekilljoydammit
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 258151
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wisconsin
Default

That's funny, I remember guesstimating it'd be close to EFR rotational inertia back in November on MotoIQ
mekilljoydammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2020 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.